You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2013-2014 Creighton University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Secondary received this morning!!
Can anyone comment on whether or not Creighton is strict with the 2 science faculty, 1 non science faculty letter format? I have 2 letters from Biology professors, 1 from my research adviser (biology), and one from a hospice nurse I've volunteered with. Do you think they'll want another letter from a non-science professor I've had a class with, or will these ones do?
The only way to get a definitive answer is to call admissions and ask.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
From their admissions Website (http://medschool.creighton.edu/medicine/oma/app/index.php#c309). Relevant wording bolded.Can anyone comment on whether or not Creighton is strict with the 2 science faculty, 1 non science faculty letter format? I have 2 letters from Biology professors, 1 from my research adviser (biology), and one from a hospice nurse I've volunteered with. Do you think they'll want another letter from a non-science professor I've had a class with, or will these ones do?
**Non-science Recommendation letters are accepted from full-time faculty from any department not listed above. This may include, but is not limited to:
Accounting
Economics
English
Foreign Languages
History
Sociology
Theology
Additional Recommendation Letters:
If you desire, you may ask other persons, including Creighton Medical Alumni and physicians you have shadowed, to write letters of recommendation on your behalf. Please understand that additional letters may not be used as substitutes for the above-required letters.
It doesn't sound like a volunteer supervisor will count as a non-science letter, but call for confirmation if you want to double check.
It doesn't sound like a volunteer supervisor will count as a non-science letter, but call for confirmation if you want to double check.
I've heard that Creighton has one of the most stringent policies on LORs too but you never know,
.Did you guys use all 2000 characters (or close to) on the secondaries? I don't know if it looks "bad" to only have 1000-1200 characters when you could use twice as many?
Quality over quantity. I haven't done this secondary yet but I doubt I'll use the full 2000.
So, is it recommended to use that upload additional documents feature to add more essays to creighton?
just curious because I see that option for many schools but I'm not sure if that is an invitation to add more stuff or if they really only mean upload a grade report, etc if need be.
just curious because I see that option for many schools but I'm not sure if that is an invitation to add more stuff or if they really only mean upload a grade report, etc if need be.
So, is it recommended to use that upload additional documents feature to add more essays to creighton?
just curious because I see that option for many schools but I'm not sure if that is an invitation to add more stuff or if they really only mean upload a grade report, etc if need be.
I am curious about this as well
Quality over quantity. I haven't done this secondary yet but I doubt I'll use the full 2000.
Same. I can't find a single reason why I want to go to Creighton other than the MSAR. Their website and msar info doesn't state any "different" aspects in their curriculum. They seem like a very well rounded school with nothing unique.
I am curious about this as well
I believe it is to upload updates such as grades and various activities you are undergoing besides what was reported prior to submission. You can add an essay but I am not sure if that will help..
Same. I can't find a single reason why I want to go to Creighton other than the MSAR. Their website and msar info doesn't state any "different" aspects in their curriculum. They seem like a very well rounded school with nothing unique.
They have a video about Creighton. Has some material for that essay
So, is it recommended to use that upload additional documents feature to add more essays to creighton?
just curious because I see that option for many schools but I'm not sure if that is an invitation to add more stuff or if they really only mean upload a grade report, etc if need be.
I am curious about this as well
I spoke to an admissions rep who came to our school about this last spring, he indicated that the office loves to see updates as the application process goes on - additional community service, grades, honors & awards, etc. I'd imagine this is what that feature is for.
Hoping for some love from Creighton, that guy really impressed me and I'd love to be able to attend and check out Omaha! 34/3.8, anyone know when interviews are typically extended?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Last year the first interviews were sent out the first week of August.
They have a video about Creighton. Has some material for that essay
Can you link it please? 🙂
Can you link it please? 🙂
medschool.creighton.edu/medicine/oma/somvid/index.php and click into the video, 🙂.
medschool.creighton.edu/medicine/oma/somvid/index.php and click into the video, 🙂.
Thanks 🙂
I'm working on the essays, I have a good draft of Essay 1 (Why Creighton), but I am still having trouble on Essay 2 (Creighton-educated physician)
I'm not exactly sure how to distinguish this one from the first essay. It doesn't help that my career goals are still very indefinite (specialty???! 😳)
EDIT: Secondary submitted 7/20! 🙂
Last edited:
Does anyone know if Creighton asks about misdemeanor convictions on their secondary? I have an expunged "drunk in public" from nearly a decade ago that I didn't have to disclose on the primary, and I would rather not have to mention it in a secondary. 🙁 Thanks!
Just replied to your question in the NYMC thread, but here's one for Creighton too 🙂Does anyone know if Creighton asks about misdemeanor convictions on their secondary? I have an expunged "drunk in public" from nearly a decade ago that I didn't have to disclose on the primary, and I would rather not have to mention it in a secondary. 🙁 Thanks!
Please review the CUSOM Background Check Policy. Read the policy carefully and consult the Office of Medical Admissions if you have any questions. If you have been convicted of, or pled no contest to, a felony and/or misdemeanor please list them on the Supplementary Application Form. You may also provide explanations for any entries.
http://medschool.creighton.edu/medicine/oma/app/
Googling something like "[school name] medicine misdemeanor conviction" will get you an answer from most schools.
Thank you for the info! I appreciate it. 🙂
Hi guys, I guess this is a general question but it applies for me to Creighton so I'll just ask here. Is it okay to throw in the name of a physician who went to Creighton for the why Creighton question? I didn't have direct interaction with this physician but indirectly helped his team.
Hi guys, I guess this is a general question but it applies for me to Creighton so I'll just ask here. Is it okay to throw in the name of a physician who went to Creighton for the why Creighton question? I didn't have direct interaction with this physician but indirectly helped his team.
While reading this I had this flash in my head of you in an interview and the interviewer says, "You know Bob? Lets give him a call!"
Hi guys, I guess this is a general question but it applies for me to Creighton so I'll just ask here. Is it okay to throw in the name of a physician who went to Creighton for the why Creighton question? I didn't have direct interaction with this physician but indirectly helped his team.
I don't think you should.. I was tempted to do that for a few of my secondaries but if someone on the admissions committee knows the doctor, you can bet that they will tell the doctor and bring your name up. If he goes, "who?" then it has the potential to hurt your chances
Finally got a complete e-mail this morning even though they've had my secondary and letters for a while. Excited to see what happens this cycle 🙂
Everything in and submitted, little confused about the letters though. Mine are all in a "Packet" from my committee. The website claims they have the packet, but they still have to verify it to meet requirements? Is that what they are saying could take a few weeks?
Everything in and submitted, little confused about the letters though. Mine are all in a "Packet" from my committee. The website claims they have the packet, but they still have to verify it to meet requirements? Is that what they are saying could take a few weeks?
I submitted my secondary last Monday and I received the complete email today. So the process does not take to long and what their website says is they have an actual admissions employee check all of your documents to make sure they have the right letters and etc.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I submitted my secondary last Monday and I received the complete email today. So the process does not take to long and what their website says is they have an actual admissions employee check all of your documents to make sure they have the right letters and etc.
Thanks!
Complete as well.
Complete today. Goodluck all.
Complete as well.
+1. Secondary submitted 7/20
Complete
I just called Admissions regarding a question about LoR and I have to say the person I spoke with was very professional and very helpful! I've spoken to quite a few Admissions offices over the past few days, and I haven't had any bad experiences, but this one was definitely the most pleasant.
I submitted my secondary on 7/3, but didn't get the "complete" email until 7/16. I'm OOS, reapplicant (first time to Creighton). Good luck to you all!
Interview August 30th
Interview invite here as well! Thank you so much, Creighton! OOS, complete on 7/12.
FYI for those playing along at home: I had logged into the secondary website about 15 minutes prior to receiving the email, and the site did not say anything about an invite at that time. After receiving the email, however, I logged in and had a link to follow to schedule my interview date.
FYI for those playing along at home: I had logged into the secondary website about 15 minutes prior to receiving the email, and the site did not say anything about an invite at that time. After receiving the email, however, I logged in and had a link to follow to schedule my interview date.
Interview offer by email 10 minutes ago!! 😍
Complete 7/24
me too! I'm a little unclear on where to schedule the interview? I can't find any section to do so online
edit: nevermind. i found it
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
interview August 30!!!!!!!!! 😀 <3
Interview invite as well! Anyone have any idea what the post interview statistics are/how generous they are handing out interviews?
Congrats to all the invitees!! I hope I'm in the stack somewhere, lol!!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K