2013-2014 Duke-NUS Graduate Medical School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I heard there are 54 students in the group already. :(
54 members - 3 staff - 6 MS1 seniors = 45

Members don't see this ad.

Where is this page everyone is talking about?

Members don't see this ad :)
45 thats not good. Can I have more updateeeeee????????????????? PLEASEEEEEE my Easter weekend is ruined

Does anyone know what % of those interviewed receive an acceptance, waitlist, or rejection?

I believe that ~10% of all applicants receive an invitation and that there was about 1,800 applicants a few years back. So maybe 180 interviewees fighting for a little under 60 seats? I don't think Duke-NUS publishes the specifics.

Reactions: 1 user
So quiet... The last batch of emails out?

Or any update on the members of the google group?

This is so depressing... had my interview early Jan. and still nothing from Duke-NUS....

I guess I am either waitlisted or rejected...

IF I got waitlisted (hopefully at least), what is the chance to get accepted??? is it even possible for Duke-NUS?

Thanks. Just received the news. I believed more emails will be out later today.

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed in March. Honours grad with 1.1 and MCAT 32. Worked for 3 years.

Congrats to those who were accepted

Last edited:
I only see 28 members? Where did the 54 number come from? or some people can't be seen by outsiders?

I only see 28 members? Where did the 54 number come from? or some people can't be seen by outsiders?
thats facebook. I think 54 is the official Google group by official Duke-NUS people

There are 52 students now in the group. So about 3 spots left?

I just received an email informing me that they have placed me on the waiting list...

Are they receptive to feedback requests?

Last edited:
I just received an email informing me that they have placed me on the waiting list...
I am waitlisted as well, good luck to us both.
Does anybody know what are the chances for waitlisters in the previous years?

I've been placed on the waitlist as well. Good luck to all!

I got one as well urhghghgg

Last edited:
I received my email around 4 am today. They might send out another batch of letters tomorrow or something.

Wait listed is good news! If anyone who got accepted pulls out from the class, then the wait listed applicant who ranks the highest will be offered the spot. Currently it seems that there are 52 accepted applicants who have confirmed their enrollment.. Means that 3-4 have not.. Good luck! :)

Thanks for the encouragement, oOolav! I'm curious though, does that mean confirming enrollment is a binding agreement? If an accepted confirmed student got into another school later on, does that mean that he's unable to take that subsequent offer (i.e. not Duke-NUS)?

Thanks for the encouragement, oOolav! I'm curious though, does that mean confirming enrollment is a binding agreement? If an accepted confirmed student got into another school later on, does that mean that he's unable to take that subsequent offer (i.e. not Duke-NUS)?

No, I do not think so. There is nothing about it being a binding agreement in the offer letter. All the best!

No news is good news. Waitlisted is better news! I had a friend who got accepted very close to the first day of school. I understand how you guys might be feeling right now, but please don't wear yourself out by worrying too much ok? Take good care of yourselves and stay positive! :)

Do they send out rejections? or applicants who are not accepted at this point are all pooled to waitlist? I don't see anybody saying rejections here on the forum and almost everyone who is not accepted are pooled to the waitlist.

I understand that they do send out rejections. I have a friend who received rejection letter a few months back.

Well, I understand they do send out rejections as well. I got a rejection before.

Do they send out rejections? or applicants who are not accepted at this point are all pooled to waitlist? I don't see anybody saying rejections here on the forum and almost everyone who is not accepted are pooled to the waitlist.

There is one rejection...><

Can someone update the situation in the google group. How many people has accepted the offer?
Thank you so much.

total members - 62
admin/staff - 6
current MS1 - 6
remaining - 50

However, not everyone who has accepted the offer has been invited to the google groups. So I would expect the number to increase over the next few days..

For those who have been accepted, any news on the financial aid package yet? :)

I was told the FA package will be out latest by 3rd week of May.

So I've got some questions about Duke NUS. This is my number one pick for school, but I am having a hard time finding any information on admissions statistics. Does anybody have any information on how what the acceptance rates are, MCAT scores, nationality of those accepted ect.? I saw some other comments in other threads that MCAT scores over 30 are competitive (but I'm a little skeptical of that number), and I have a professor who did his post doc there and says they prioritize publications over most aspects. Any other insight from anyone?

Hey man, maybe this webpage will help a bit. https://www.duke-nus.edu.sg/admissions/student-information/student-class-profile

There's also a Duke-NUS facebook page which you may find interesting! Sometimes there are also information on webinars with Q&A sessions which may be helpful to you. You can even sign up for upcoming information sessions. There's also mini open-house sessions which I found useful. If you can't attend that, there's the webinar!

For MCAT, if you can, do it once do it good. Aim for the best score you can achieve.

Was your Prof talking about the importance of publications for his career as a post-doc?

Thanks! This helps a lot. Still seems a little vague on the MCAT scores though. So what my professor said was any publications you have will help out a lot in the application process, whether from post bac or undergraduate research. Mainly because duke's program is so heavily research oriented. Have you heard anything?

Thank you for the information! Now we wait for people to drop their seats for schools elsewhere :(
If only 10 of them got accepted to Harvard with a full ride of scholarship or something :bang::bang::(:(