Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Duke is my dream but do I realistically have a shot? I graduated with 3.97 in electrical engineering from a top school but only got a 32 on the MCAT and my verbal was a very disappointing 8. (12 in BS and PS)
In the same boat, except I have 11 on BS not 12. It was my retake and both of my previous 2 MCAT scores had 10 verbal, so hopefully they'll see this 8 verbal as a fluke.. fingers crossed..
I am applying to Duke anyway. I feel that I have slightly better chance at Duke than Ivies, Emory, and etc, so I chose it as one of my few reaches in my list. Just curious, what other reaches are you applying?
That being said, I do agree that writing too much can detract, especially if you don't have a new and compelling facet of yourself to present through it.
So, it appears this is no "kink".