-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2013-2014 Georgetown University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Anyone here with a recent II??? Starting to get nervous!
I withdrew from my 10/29 interview. I hope that opens up a spot for someone : )
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think the committee meeting is Thursday... I'm not sure If they're already met for the first group of interviewees though! I interviewed in August and am getting so nervous!
How do you know when the committee meets?
How do you know when the committee meets?
I Think Ms. Sullivan said they meet the second and fourth Thursday of every month... I could be mistaken though.
when i interviewed on sept. 5, they told us that the committee was meeting for the first time on sept. 19th, so the decisions for the first few groups have been made. It's just a matter of when they release them. Hopefully tomorrow!!
awesome news!
When I interviewed on Sept. 5, they told us that the committee was meeting for the first time on Sept. 19th, so the decisions for the first few groups have been made. It's just a matter of when they release them. Hopefully tomorrow!!
The fact that your avatar is Veronica Mars has literally made my day. 😍
The fact that your avatar is Veronica Mars has literally made my day. 😍
The fact that you recognized my avatar as Veronica Mars has made my day!

any status changes or emails??
Not here. It seems they always send out IIs on Friday so maybe Friday is the day for all admissions communications.
Another day with no news... Hoping for tomorrow!
I've given up trying to guess their decision day lol tomorrow marks 8 weeks since my interview though, maybe that means something.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've given up trying to guess their decision day lol tomorrow marks 8 weeks since my interview though, maybe that means something.
I figure its going to happen when it happens, i'm pretty positive I didn't make it, hoping for the waitlist! 🙄
I figure its going to happen when it happens, i'm pretty positive I didn't make it, hoping for the waitlist! 🙄
Congrats on getting into UoM! I think I read somewhere that you were the first interview date for GT? I'm not sure who you were, but I was also in your interview if it was the first date.
Well...there is always tomorrow, but I am counting on Friday.
Lol every night I just sigh a little harder and hope I'll have an email when I wake up.
INTERVIEW INVITE!!!
Woooo I feel like I won the lottery! I want to go here so bad!
Stats:
Complete 9/18
31 (10/11/10)
3.6cGPA/3.3sGPA
My boyfriend also go an II here this morning (we applied as a pair):
37 MCAT (14/11/12)
4.0/3.9
So excited! Both scheduled for 1/6, the earliest available date!
Does anyone remember the dates when acceptances normally go out? I know It's October and December, but I can't remember after that (February, March?)
Woooo I feel like I won the lottery! I want to go here so bad!
Stats:
Complete 9/18
31 (10/11/10)
3.6cGPA/3.3sGPA
My boyfriend also go an II here this morning (we applied as a pair):
37 MCAT (14/11/12)
4.0/3.9
So excited! Both scheduled for 1/6, the earliest available date!
Does anyone remember the dates when acceptances normally go out? I know It's October and December, but I can't remember after that (February, March?)
I just got an email saying a decision was made (I already interviewed early Sept). I click on the link and it shows nothing.. huh?
I just got an email saying a decision was made (I already interviewed early Sept). I click on the link and it shows nothing.. huh?
Same here. But I didn't interview.
I fully expect it to be a rejection, but I'm confused since the actual secondary site doesn't say anything.
+1i just got an email saying a decision was made (i already interviewed early sept). I click on the link and it shows nothing.. Huh?
Edit: Decision is up now. Rejection. Complete 9/4. Best of luck to everyone else!
Yeah rejected post interview lol. Thought the interview went very well too, ah well whatever, good thing I had another acceptance anyways
I'm so sorry to hear. When did you guys interview?
rejected as well. interviewed 9/9 and was very much expecting a wait list or rejection seeing as this was my first interview and i had no idea what to expect. very grateful for the experience though since it prepared me for future interviews. don't think i would attend gtown over usc anyways so not too bummed. good luck to everyone else!
I'm so sorry to hear. When did you guys interview?
Interviewed Sept 3
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
rejected as well. interviewed 9/9 and was very much expecting a wait list or rejection seeing as this was my first interview and i had no idea what to expect. very grateful for the experience though since it prepared me for future interviews. don't think i would attend gtown over usc anyways so not too bummed. good luck to everyone else!
Wait where was this? You got an email? I interviewed on the first day on 27th August, and I still haven't heard anything. But it was my first interview and I don't think it went well lol
Wait where was this? You got an email? I interviewed on the first day on 27th August, and I still haven't heard anything. But it was my first interview and I don't think it went well lol
Maybe that's a good sign (waitlist or acceptance)?
Last edited:
Just got the expected waitlist email. Does anyone actually get accepted right away?
+1 waitlisted
rejected pre-interview
complete 9/17
34/3.7
good luck everyone!
complete 9/17
34/3.7
good luck everyone!
Waitlisted - and withdrawing. Wasn't all that impressed with the school anyway. There were definitely positive aspects but there were some parts that I really would've liked to see changed or structured differently and I believe I must have telegraphed that during the interview.
Waitlist.
Does anyone remember what we had to write and who to send it to?
a 3 paragraph letter of interest. Send to Donna, but address to someone else. I forget who but her name is in the pamphlet they gave to us on the interview day.
got an email saying my status has changed. the fact that you haven't received any change yet seems like a good sign! reading the trend of the decisions post on this thread it looks like they sending out rejections first, then wait list, then acceptances.Wait where was this? You got an email? I interviewed on the first day on 27th August, and I still haven't heard anything. But it was my first interview and I don't think it went well lol
Still nothing. I'm so scared. : /
+1 I'm freaking out at work!!!!
+1 I'm freaking out at work!!!!
Med school isn't going to do me any good if I have a heart attack first...
med school isn't going to do me any good if i have a heart attack first...
+1
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
med school isn't going to do me any good if i have a heart attack first...
+2!
Has anybody who interviewed on 8/27 heard anything yet?
Has anybody who interviewed on 8/27 heard anything yet?
Nope I haven't
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K