-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2013-2014 Georgetown University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Rejected just now. Sigh...
also just rejected, I guess DC wasn't for me...
Just saw my rejection via status change as well 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Rejected Complete 8/15
I'm also on the rejection boat. Oh well
Rejected! 😱... Saw that one coming from a mile away haha
Cheers!
Cheers!
just got rejected here as well no ties to GU... 3.4/31 complete 09/03 

Got the hammer... boo.
Rejectified... Low GPA high MCAT OOS.
Jumping on the rejected bandwagon lol. 3.8+/36+ Oh well haha
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Isn't everyone technically OOS for Georgetown?
Yes, bc Washington, D.C. is not a state
Remember that time everyone and their mom got rejected from Georgetown?
Rejected here via status change. Complete mid-August. Back to back rejections from both here and Brown. Weeeeee gotta love this process, such a self-esteem boost!
B2B rejections from Vanderbilt and Georgetown. It stings.
Yes, bc Washington, D.C. is not a state
Ding! Ding! Ding!...i.e. why it's irrelevant for ppl to be putting OOS in their posts....
Not hard for me to believe at all. Which is why i asked about secondary responsesI know it's hard for a lot of people on this board to believe, but stats aren't really the thing most schools actually look for. Stats are only a portion of the total picture.
Anyways, Rejected today also! Complete early August.
I'm surprised by the calibre of applicants who are being rejected pre-interview. I know stats aren't everything, but come on, folks with MCAT scores in the high 30's (and even one 40+) is bordering on absurd.
Do they send rejection e-mails?
Do they send rejection e-mails?
They send out an email saying a decision has been made, and then you check your status page for the info.
Ouch, that is harsh!
I'm surprised by the calibre of applicants who are being rejected pre-interview. I know stats aren't everything, but come on, folks with MCAT scores in the high 30's (and even one 40+) is bordering on absurd.
Do they send rejection e-mails?
Well most schools want to believe you will attend if accepted. If they doubt you'll come then they may reject you. Essays often help them determine your interest. Not saying that's why those ppl were rejected but it's a possibility.
I keep checking just waiting for my page to say STATUS: REJECTED. Hahaha I don't know why it's funny to me but all the rejections I can ever remember from college put it so lightly that I found myself re-reading their little email 3 times before I realized I was actually rejected.
Anyway, I was complete 9/18 and I'm still clinging on to the cliff... fingers crossed. Still my top choice school!
Anyway, I was complete 9/18 and I'm still clinging on to the cliff... fingers crossed. Still my top choice school!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
First rejection!! Lets gooo!!!
Not too disappointed at all
Not too disappointed at all
Noggin!!!! Noooooooooooo 😡
Yeah two rejections in one day. I was also rejected from Cooper. Oh well, at least one of the DC schools was interested in my application! 🙂
First off im really sorry for all those who were rejected. I am sure you will receive invites from many other schools.
Now, after this round of rejections how is it looking like for those that have not been invited yet? I was complete on 9/12 and my status is still listed as submitted. Any good news?
Now, after this round of rejections how is it looking like for those that have not been invited yet? I was complete on 9/12 and my status is still listed as submitted. Any good news?
First off im really sorry for all those who were rejected. I am sure you will receive invites from many other schools.
Now, after this round of rejections how is it looking like for those that have not been invited yet? I was complete on 9/12 and my status is still listed as submitted. Any good news?
I think with that completion, your sitting at around a neutral point. Maybe they haven;t gotten to your app yet, or maybe they are interested
Any rejections post interview?
I had my interview several weeks ago and am expecting to hear back in the next couple of days...![]()
AMCAS does not allow medical schools to notify regular decision applicants of acceptance until October 15. So I'm assuming many schools will notify those post-interview of acceptances, as well as rejections/waitlist/further review status after October 15.
AMCAS does not allow medical schools to notify regular decision applicants of acceptance until October 15. So I'm assuming many schools will notify those post-interview of acceptances, as well as rejections/waitlist/further review status after October 15.
Right, they are not allowed to notify students of acceptences untill then but AMCAS doesn't regulate when schools can send rejections or holds. While schools usually let all of these go out at the same time to interviewed students it does seem like GTU did a major batch of rejections and people post interview could have been included in that batch.
arg only five more days!
Right, they are not allowed to notify students of acceptences untill then but AMCAS doesn't regulate when schools can send rejections or holds. While schools usually let all of these go out at the same time to interviewed students it does seem like GTU did a major batch of rejections and people post interview could have been included in that batch.
arg only five more days!
Right you are! Ugh now every email in the next 5 days is going to scare me that much more!!!
Of those rejected, had anyone received an interview? I'm curious as to whether they've already given interviewees decisions, since I haven't heard anything and I was in one of the first groups.
I think you should hear something next week.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think I survived that rejectapalooza... although I was complete 9/12 like a previous poster so maybe they just didn't get to me yet... here's to hoping!
Was anyone who did get one of those bad boys complete around my time?
I think i saw one poster say he was complete on 9/12 and got rejected. I was complete in the morning so who knows. If anything at least it means they already looked at our apps or they are looking at them now lol
does anyone know if georgetown goes with oct 15th for their first decisions or after oct 15th
The last couple of years seems to be around the 19th or later according to old SDN threads
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K
