-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2013-2014 Georgetown University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Forgot to post but I got an II a couple of days ago via email. I think was complete around mid September.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
waitlisted.
Does georgetown interview everyone before letting us know if we're accepted off the waitlist? Does that mean we have to wait until next year?
Does georgetown interview everyone before letting us know if we're accepted off the waitlist? Does that mean we have to wait until next year?
Straight up rejected. But its OK! I got an acceptance from my top choice 😀
Edit, I interviewed on 9/18, and did not receive any email notification. Decided to check the portal and there it was.
Too bad though, I really liked GU. Good luck to everyone else still in the running!
Edit, I interviewed on 9/18, and did not receive any email notification. Decided to check the portal and there it was.
Too bad though, I really liked GU. Good luck to everyone else still in the running!
Last edited:
Log in and check your portal? I didn't get any emails but my status had been updated. Also, good luck on your interview this Thursday! (Recognized you from the Loyola thread)Still no word... I interviewed on September 5. Anyone else in the same boat as me?
Still no word... I interviewed on September 5. Anyone else in the same boat as me?
+1 and I interviewed on the same day.
Log in and check your portal? I didn't get any emails but my status had been updated. Also, good luck on your interview this Thursday! (Recognized you from the Loyola thread)
No status change 🙁 But thanks for the good luck!
Last edited:
No status change 🙁 But thanks for the good luck!
Also still waiting, I have been checking the portal all day and it just says "application submitted." Interviewed end of August.
Waitlisted, interviewed 9/18.
Rejected-interviewed 9/11. Doesn't sting as much since I was accepted to one of my top choices, but quite confused...as I thought I had a decent interview and my stats were competitive (~3.8/35)
Anyone know what could've gone wrong? :/
Well one thing Georgetown seemed to really care about was whether you would go there if accepted. Maybe if you gave an impression that they weren't one of your top choices they figured you would go somewhere else. It's also possible they just didn't see you as a match. It really could be a number of things. Anyway best of luck at other schools. One rejection isn't the end of the world and you should have many options with those stats.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Me as well, no updates either via email or the portal. No news is good news perhaps?+1 and I interviewed on the same day.
+1 ???any pre-interview rejections lately? And/or Interview Invites?
4
494110
This is a broad question: If a medical school II gives an essay prompt along the lines of "Is there any additional information you'd like to share?" how should this essay be answered. I imagine it shouldn't be ignored or left blank. Should I just throw my "diversity" essay in that slot since it touches topics that aren't described in my primary or elsewhere in my secondary? This isn't necessarily Georgetown related so sorry if this slightly derails the thread; I couldn't find a better place to ask this.
This is a broad question: If a medical school II gives an essay prompt along the lines of "Is there any additional information you'd like to share?" how should this essay be answered. I imagine it shouldn't be ignored or left blank. Should I just throw my "diversity" essay in that slot since it touches topics that aren't described in my primary or elsewhere in my secondary? This isn't necessarily Georgetown related so sorry if this slightly derails the thread; I couldn't find a better place to ask this.
stop posting these types of questions in every thread. and II means Interview Invite. secondary = secondary on SDN
This is a broad question: If a medical school II gives an essay prompt along the lines of "Is there any additional information you'd like to share?" how should this essay be answered. I imagine it shouldn't be ignored or left blank. Should I just throw my "diversity" essay in that slot since it touches topics that aren't described in my primary or elsewhere in my secondary? This isn't necessarily Georgetown related so sorry if this slightly derails the thread; I couldn't find a better place to ask this.
I got interviews at places that I left that question (or analogous ones) blank. Forcing an essay will do more harm than good if you truly don't have anything else to add.
4
494110
I got interviews at places that I left that question (or analogous ones) blank. Forcing an essay will do more harm than good if you truly don't have anything else to add.
Thanks for the info! I was always worried that leaving that essay blank was taboo but I definitely see how extra information can be harmful. I'll think on this for awhile.
stop posting these types of questions in every thread. and II means Interview Invite. secondary = secondary on SDN
I posted this question on this thread and the Jefferson Secondary thread (hardly "every thread") because it would increase the amount of answers and therefore, opinions on my question. Asking questions and receiving answers is the point of the website. Thank you for clarifying the abbreviations.
I interviewed on 8/29 and still haven't heard back. Anyone else from that week still waiting??
Has anyone been accepted yet at all?
On the 2012-2013 thread people mentioned that out of the 80 people in each interview group 20 get accepted, 40 get CAPed (wait listed), and 20 get rejected. Wondering if anyone can verify this or has more info on it. Thanks.
No. I called last friday, and they told me they would get back to us latest by the end of this week....which should be today. Who knows. I really wanna find out thoughHas anyone been accepted yet at all?
I just got a call from the dean, who told me I was accepted. Good luck to the rest of you!
I just got a call from the dean, who told me I was accepted. Good luck to the rest of you!
Congratulations! Fingers crossed for the rest of us!
I just got a call from the dean, who told me I was accepted. Good luck to the rest of you!
I suppose I should add that I interviewed in late August for the rest of you anxiously waiting to hear.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just got a call from the dean, who told me I was accepted. Good luck to the rest of you!
+1!! Interviewed late august.
I interviewed the first week of September, and still no word. No status change, email, or calls. Maybe tomorrow or Monday? Is there anyone else who hasn't heard?
+1 Booooo
+1 Booooo
At least we're the not the only ones... I bet we'll hear VERY soon!!
rejected pre-interview today. Complete 9/12. Found out via status page. LizzyM score 70+ OOS+1 ???
Just posting for those who were waiting like me! Good luck!
Yeah, I'm on the same boat. I interviewed the end of august and I still haven't heard back. I called last week and they said we would know for sure this week. Apparently not! But i'm sure they are super busy deciding applicants and stuff. best of luck to you guys. In an ideal world, we would all get in! 😛I interviewed the first week of September, and still no word. No status change, email, or calls. Maybe tomorrow or Monday? Is there anyone else who hasn't heard?
If it's a first choice, sounds like the best time to notify them ... especially if they're as overly-sensitive about interest as they seem.Does anyone know id it is appropriate to write a letter of intent for the letter we are supposed to write when we are waitlisted? Georgetown is my first choice, but I don't know if that seems too presumptuous.
rejected pre-interview today. Complete 9/12. Found out via status page. LizzyM score 70+ OOS
Just posting for those who were waiting like me! Good luck!
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but what is a LizzyM score?
gpa(10)+MCAT.Sorry if this is a stupid question, but what is a LizzyM score?
I regret giving them $130Rejected pre interview via the status page on 11/1 ... sigh, I regretted applying here 30 seconds after submitting my secondary though, I knew they weren't looking for me here
Regarding the number of people 20 accepted/40 WL/20 rejected out of 80 interviewers, Donna Sullivan said they don't look to reject anyone post interview. So I doubt they have to reject a certain amount of people post II. I interviewed late last month and came out feeling pretty good. II was pretty relaxed and the school had an "old school" feel to it. Facilities weren't as bad as some make it sound. People complain about their anatomy lab, but they score very well, well above the national average, on anatomy on step I. So they learn just fine even with "bad" facilities. Gtown gave the impression, more than any of the other IIs I had so far, that they look for someone that really "fits" their mentality and would actually want to go there. Make sure you know your answer to why Gtwon if you have an upcoming II.
Congrats to those accepted!, to those rejected, best of luck this cycle.
Congrats to those accepted!, to those rejected, best of luck this cycle.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Rejected pre-interview. Completed 9/10.
Not an easy rejection, have yet to receive a II anywhere.
Not an easy rejection, have yet to receive a II anywhere.
Were there any acceptance calls this week yet?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K