You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2013-2014 Georgetown University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Sorry of this was already answered, but does "CAPed" mean "waitlisted"
Sorry of this was already answered, but does "CAPed" mean "waitlisted"
Yes
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When did you interview?I was CAPed last week. Hoping there will be some movement before May 15...
Withdrew my spot on the wait list. GL to all those still waiting!
Just got accepted!!! So excited 🙂 I see that second look is April 11th. Have they given any more information about that? Is family invited?
Congrats!!!!!! When did you interview if you don't mind me asking? 🙂Just got accepted!!! So excited 🙂 I see that second look is April 11th. Have they given any more information about that? Is family invited?
congrats! phone call or email/status update?Just got accepted!!! So excited 🙂 I see that second look is April 11th. Have they given any more information about that? Is family invited?
Just got accepted!!! So excited 🙂 I see that second look is April 11th. Have they given any more information about that? Is family invited?
And just to pile onto the questions people have already asked you, were you CAP'ed?
Got an email today that says they'll email accepted applicants more info closer to the event, but there will be Q&A session with first and second years, shadowing third and fourth years on the wards, and optional individual financial aid appointments. Doesn't mention bringing family in the email, but might on the website somewhere.Just got accepted!!! So excited 🙂 I see that second look is April 11th. Have they given any more information about that? Is family invited?
Congrats btw!
I interviewed in mid-October! Was CAP'd in December.Congrats!!!!!! When did you interview if you don't mind me asking? 🙂
Phone Call! 🙂congrats! phone call or email/status update?
Yep!And just to pile onto the questions people have already asked you, were you CAP'ed?
Thank you! I'm excited 🙂 Are you fully committed to Georgetown??Got an email today that says they'll email accepted applicants more info closer to the event, but there will be Q&A session with first and second years, shadowing third and fourth years on the wards, and optional individual financial aid appointments. Doesn't mention bringing family in the email, but might on the website somewhere.
Congrats btw!
Does anybody have a copy of the 2013 match list? I know 2014 is being released next week, but I'd like to briefly scan last year's and I can't find it anywhere!
Just got accepted!!! So excited 🙂 I see that second look is April 11th. Have they given any more information about that? Is family invited?
Congrats! Would either of you mind sharing what you talked about in your letter?Accepted today off CAP from Oct. Phone call
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I sent one in a few weeks ago declaring my interest in the school and I just listed a few reasons why I want to attend GT 🙂Congrats! Would either of you mind sharing what you talked about in your letter?
Congrats to everyone accepted and best of luck to those still hoping to get in.
On another note: is there anyone who has interest in opening a class Facebook group? I can volunteer my help with full disclosure that I have no experience in creating such a group.
On another note: is there anyone who has interest in opening a class Facebook group? I can volunteer my help with full disclosure that I have no experience in creating such a group.
accepted last night from CAP. placed on the cap list mid Jan and submitted a letter shortly after.
Interviewed in feb and still no word. Anyone else still waiting to hear back? Kinda interesting that they are pulling off CAP before notifying people that haven't heard back...
Withdrew last week! I hope the spot goes to one of you guys!!
anyone know where i can get info on submitting a deposit to hold my spot?
interviewed 10/19, CAP'ed 12/21, LOI 01/28, Phone call for acceptance 03/13
interviewed 10/19, CAP'ed 12/21, LOI 01/28, Phone call for acceptance 03/13
It should beanyone know where i can get info on submitting a deposit to hold my spot?
interviewed 10/19, CAP'ed 12/21, LOI 01/28, Phone call for acceptance 03/13
anyone know where i can get info on submitting a deposit to hold my spot?
interviewed 10/19, CAP'ed 12/21, LOI 01/28, Phone call for acceptance 03/13
They should send you an email to your MyAccess account and a link to pay is available through the website.
There should be decision activity next week hopefully!
any particular reason you think this?There should be decision activity next week hopefully!
Based on the every other Thursday decision mark
Anybody get a hold of the match list? Anxious to see it!
I was accepted at 5:15pm eastern on a Friday, though...Based on the every other Thursday decision mark
Yeah I rescind that earlier statement, they are all over the place lolI was accepted at 5:15pm eastern on a Friday, though...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
haha - well I have all the confidence in you! the wait-list seems to be moving!Yeah I rescind that earlier statement, they are all over the place lol
Congrats to everyone accepted and best of luck to those still hoping to get in.
On another note: is there anyone who has interest in opening a class Facebook group? I can volunteer my help with full disclosure that I have no experience in creating such a group.
I know that Georgetown makes it's own little social media page as the process goes on, and then they will make a class of 2018 FB page.. I think that it's just a wating game for us from here on out
Yup.. not much to do at this point 🙂I know that Georgetown makes it's own little social media page as the process goes on, and then they will make a class of 2018 FB page.. I think that it's just a wating game for us from here on out
For those of you who have been accepted, have you received anything about a net id and password and the deposit? I was accepted about 2 weeks ago and haven't heard from them since (except about finaid and second look..) just wondering if I'm missing something!
For those of you who have been accepted, have you received anything about a net id and password and the deposit? I was accepted about 2 weeks ago and haven't heard from them since (except about finaid and second look..) just wondering if I'm missing something!
Are you wondering how to make the deposit? I think you have to log onto MyAccess to do that. Instructions are on the secondary app under a tab called "post-submission updates" or something like that. Your NetID should be under that tab - if it's not, they might not have updated it yet since you were accepted relatively recently.
Yes, I got an email from them but it definitely took more than two weeks to get it. Then again I was accepted early in the season..For those of you who have been accepted, have you received anything about a net id and password and the deposit? I was accepted about 2 weeks ago and haven't heard from them since (except about finaid and second look..) just wondering if I'm missing something!
I got CAPed today too! Interviewed 2/20. Not that sad about it. Good luck everyone!
Are any guys looking to split a hotel April 10th and 11th? Also, anybody that wants to look for apartments on Thursday let me know...I want to try to get a sense of the housing on Thursday (the 10th) if at all possible. Or, if anybody wants to walk around the area on Thursday I'd be cool with that too.
Yeah, is there a Facebook page up yet? How are you guys going about looking for housing?
Yeah, is there a Facebook page up yet? How are you guys going about looking for housing?
I have been trying to get this topic raised several times without much luck. Supposedly the school creates a site for accepted students but I'm willing to get the ball rolling on this. I think you need two people to create a group on Facebook so if anyone wants to send me their info, I could look into creating a group.I think it would be great if someone made a Facebook group for the 2018 class. Otherwise, we are going to be waiting a while before we can chat about apartments and whatnot..
Really? From the school?I actually got an invite via email for the Georgetown SOM Facebook group yesterday...
From a current student, I think. But it looks like the official group, and has something like 210 members (including many current students). The group is called: Georgetown SOM Class of 2018!Really? From the school?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks!From a current student, I think. But it looks like the official group, and has something like 210 members (including many current students). The group is called: Georgetown SOM Class of 2018!
I don't think they released the official list yet, but here is some info about it:Anybody get a hold of the match list? Anxious to see it!
http://gumc.georgetown.edu/news/Match-Day-2014
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K