You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2013-2014 Howard University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Any of you accepted folk start looking for housing yet?
I haven't started looking for housing, but I went to Howard as an undergrad. Some grad students do opt for the on campus housing in the East Towers, while some others stay in UTC. I know there was a shuttle that went back and forth to campus from UTC last year, but I am unsure if that is still an option. The link for UTC is below:Any of you accepted folk start looking for housing yet?
http://thetowersatutc.com
Also, other housing can be found near the campus. This website may be useful:
http://howard.offcampuspartners.com
but from experience I know finding affordable and decent housing is difficult. Best of luck and I hope this helps!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Currently I'm up for consideration for the program. Have you been accepted?Hi all, has anyone been accepted to the PARP summer program?
+1Currently I'm up for consideration for the program. Have you been accepted?
I haven't started looking for housing, but I went to Howard as an undergrad. Some grad students do opt for the on campus housing in the East Towers, while some others stay in UTC. I know there was a shuttle that went back and forth to campus from UTC last year, but I am unsure if that is still an option. The link for UTC is below:
http://thetowersatutc.com
Also, other housing can be found near the campus. This website may be useful:
http://howard.offcampuspartners.com
but from experience I know finding affordable and decent housing is difficult. Best of luck and I hope this helps!
Thanks for the tips! Yeah, from what I've been seeing, it's too early to be looking. Everyone I ask says check back in May for move-in in June.
That was kind of my understanding tooFrom my understanding, it means that you've been accepted to hucm under conditions of passing PARP first, so not rejected....yes? No?
Yeah you're right. I just didn't know of what criteria they look for in a PARP candidate.From my understanding, it means that you've been accepted to hucm under conditions of passing PARP first, so not rejected....yes? No?
HI everyone!! I just received an interview invite! God is good! Just wanted to find out where most people stayed during their interviews. What hotels are in the area? I will be flying in from Chicago, so which airport should I fly into? How did people get to their interviews in the morning? ANY help would be great!
I flew into Dulles....Reagen was a little expensive. I also chose to stay at a hostel that was only 2 subway stops away from the hotel. It was about 30 dollars a night. It was clean and pretty comfortable. The sheraton that offers a discount for interviewees is still pretty expensive about 80 a night. If you want the info for the hostel just let me know. Their website gives great directions from which ever airport you fly into. Good luck and congrats on the interviewHI everyone!! I just received an interview invite! God is good! Just wanted to find out where most people stayed during their interviews. What hotels are in the area? I will be flying in from Chicago, so which airport should I fly into? How did people get to their interviews in the morning? ANY help would be great!
I stayed at the Washington plaza hotel, it is affordable and very close to the school. You should fly into DCA reagan. Also, use Uber to get around. Go set up the app on your phone and have it set before you get there. It is FAR better than any taxi service. Good luck.HI everyone!! I just received an interview invite! God is good! Just wanted to find out where most people stayed during their interviews. What hotels are in the area? I will be flying in from Chicago, so which airport should I fly into? How did people get to their interviews in the morning? ANY help would be great!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Orientation is July 16thHas anyone received an update about when orientation is?
If you google "off campus housing Howard" or something similar, the school's housing website comes up and it's plenty of apartments on there. Also, look in Silver Spring, Hyattsville, or surrounding DC areas. The Towers is kind of like a dorm I wouldn't advise living there as a grown med student IMO! Hope that helps.Any of you accepted folk start looking for housing yet?
What is the name of the hotel?I flew into Dulles....Reagen was a little expensive. I also chose to stay at a hostel that was only 2 subway stops away from the hotel. It was about 30 dollars a night. It was clean and pretty comfortable. The sheraton that offers a discount for interviewees is still pretty expensive about 80 a night. If you want the info for the hostel just let me know. Their website gives great directions from which ever airport you fly into. Good luck and congrats on the interview
For those of you who received the out of committee email already, how long did it take to get them post interview? Just curious!
About 5 weeks for me. But I've heard of longer and shorter wait times...
Hey! Do you mind telling us when you were complete? I still haven't heard a word from them! Thanks!HI everyone!! I just received an interview invite! God is good! Just wanted to find out where most people stayed during their interviews. What hotels are in the area? I will be flying in from Chicago, so which airport should I fly into? How did people get to their interviews in the morning? ANY help would be great!
Just wanted to say congrats and also to those waiting, to keep being patient! The cycle is almost done, and I hope you guys hear something well! If you have any questions, let me know.
I was complete back in September, so there is still hope! I definitely thought Howard was done with me, but they decided to give me an interview so keep the faith alive!Hey! Do you mind telling us when you were complete? I still haven't heard a word from them! Thanks!
thanks so much for the info!I flew into Dulles....Reagen was a little expensive. I also chose to stay at a hostel that was only 2 subway stops away from the hotel. It was about 30 dollars a night. It was clean and pretty comfortable. The sheraton that offers a discount for interviewees is still pretty expensive about 80 a night. If you want the info for the hostel just let me know. Their website gives great directions from which ever airport you fly into. Good luck and congrats on the interview
I was complete back in September, so there is still hope! I definitely thought Howard was done with me, but they decided to give me an interview so keep the faith alive!
Ok I was complete after you so I guess there's still hope! Do you mind sharing your stats?
Hi, sorry for the late response. I am currently a first year and I did PARP last summer. Message me if you have any questions about the program. It is a great program and you will be prepared to do well.Currently I'm up for consideration for the program. Have you been accepted?
I interviewed 1/28 and am going on 8 weeks with out an "out-committee-email" should I contact the office? I don't want to come across as pushy. Did anyone else wait that long?
Yeah, I waited about that long. Also, I never got an out of committee email. You interviewed three weeks after I did. I heard back on 3/4. So if they're moving at pace, I'd say you might hear next week. Unfortunately, they don't pick up the phones, so you don't have a lot of options in terms of contacting them. Keep your head up buddy!
Correct. It is not rejection or waiting list. You have a conditional acceptance (successfully complete PARP and then you are admitted). If you don't successfully complete PARP, then you are rejected. And PARP is doable as long as you have NO other obligations such as completing another educational program, working full-time, etc. You need to be completely devoted to the program for those 6 weeks.From my understanding, it means that you've been accepted to hucm under conditions of passing PARP first, so not rejected....yes? No?
Correct. It is not rejection or waiting list. You have a conditional acceptance (successfully complete PARP and then you are admitted). If you don't successfully complete PARP, then you are rejected. And PARP is doable as long as you have NO other obligations such as completing another educational program, working full-time, etc. You need to be completely devoted to the program for those 6 weeks.
Is the PARP program aimed towards applicants with lower stats?
D
deleted123544
I just withdrew my Interview Invite! Hope some one of you guys gets it! #StriveForGreatness
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone!
Congrats on all that were accepted/interviewed =). I was completed on 9/22 and still haven't heard anything... I am not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing cause I am getting super anxious! I sent an update email in January but did not get a response. I also have been calling the office but no one ever picks up...
Congrats on all that were accepted/interviewed =). I was completed on 9/22 and still haven't heard anything... I am not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing cause I am getting super anxious! I sent an update email in January but did not get a response. I also have been calling the office but no one ever picks up...
HI everyone!! I just received an interview invite! God is good! Just wanted to find out where most people stayed during their interviews. What hotels are in the area? I will be flying in from Chicago, so which airport should I fly into? How did people get to their interviews in the morning? ANY help would be great!
The Baron Hotel was very nice, and convenient to both Howard and lots of sights around the city. Also, there is a great bar downstairs, which is quite helpful after the interview 🙂
I think there are definitely still spots available. They only interview around 300 people and they accept around 250. Regardless, if you have an interview your chances are good. Good luck and congrats on the interview!Interview is tomorrow, very excited. Does anyone know if there are still seats available or are we pretty much interviewing for waitlist spots at this point?
Im pretty sure they interview until late april...just from past threads. Good luck! Don't give up hope! I know they sent out some rejections a couple of months of ago...so if you didn't get one...you are still in the running! Sending prayers and good vibes your way!Hi everyone,
My application has been complete since September 2013 and I have not heard a word from the admissions office yet. Does any one know if they are still sending out II?
Thanks tommed, then I think I can still have hopeIm pretty sure they interview until late april...just from past threads. Good luck! Don't give up hope! I know they sent out some rejections a couple of months of ago...so if you didn't get one...you are still in the running! Sending prayers and good vibes your way!
I am in the same boat... I've been waiting for so long for in II. But since I have not received a rejection yet, I guess I am still in the gameHi everyone,
My application has been complete since September 2013 and I have not heard a word from the admissions office yet. Does any one know if they are still sending out II?
Has Howard sent out PRE-interview rejections. Anybody know?
People in an earlier thread said some pre-interview rejections have gone out. So no news is good news.Has Howard sent out PRE-interview rejections. Anybody know?
I will withdraw today, so hopefully someone will get my spot. All the best to those still waiting🙂
Has anymore acceptances gone out?
I kind of wish they updated their current acceptance, interview numbers like other schools. 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you so much🙂thanks! and all the best to you wherever you end up! 🙂
Do you think they will send something out this week? I'm still waiting on that out-of-committee email.Hoping for some good news this week to all who are waiting!!!!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K