You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2013-2014 Howard University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Did they send you the information in the mail or did you find it online?Orientation is July 16th
I interviewed on 3/11. Has anyone that interviewed that day heard back? I am so so so hopeful. Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
We interviewed on the same day!I hope we all hear some good news soon! I interviewed 3/11 so I'm not expecting to hear back for a few more weeks but fingers crossed! To all those still waiting for an interview invite, I think Howard interviews until the end of April so don't lose hope!
Yes I did. I sent an email and they said I hadn't gone through committee yet, and that they would notify me when I had. So I am gonna hold off on further contact. I dont want to come across as annoying or pushy.i sure hope so, its pretty much already April! did you try contacting them that time? i'm still waiting too
Yes me did. me sent an email and they said me hadn't gone through committee yet, and that they would notify me when me had. So me are gonna hold off on further contact. me dont want to come across as annoying or pushy.
Wow!! And you interviewed in January, right Tommed??! Well I hope you hear something soon. I'm praying for you!
Is Howard still sending out interview invites? I've been complete since October and haven't heard anything. I really hate to let these words leave my mouth but I am honestly beginning to lose hope. Is there even any space left in the class?
+1
Complete since August
Posted using SDN Mobile
+1Any recent ii invites?
Got an interview last week, don't loose hope, I hear Howard accepted a couple people in May and June last year. I am so excited for my interview because Howard has been my number one choice. Congrats to those who have already gotten accepted and those who have interviewed. Good luck to those who are waiting and those of us who will be interviewing soon.
P.S. anyone has any suggestions for the interview day? The type of questions they ask or who the interviewers are?
Thank you 🙂
P.S. anyone has any suggestions for the interview day? The type of questions they ask or who the interviewers are?
Thank you 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I interviewed on 3/11 and am still waiting... I know, it is so hard to be patient!Anyone here interviewed on 03/12 and still waiting on that out of committee e-mail? The waiting game is killing me...
I was thinking of sending a letter of intent but I don't want to be annoying.
I interviewed on 3/11 and am still waiting... I know, it is so hard to be patient!
Well they interview 300 and accept about 240. Seats are still available and you have a great chance of getting in compared to schools that interview 1000 students for 100-130 spots.Interview is tomorrow, very excited. Does anyone know if there are still seats available or are we pretty much interviewing for waitlist spots at this point?
You could always call or email and ask if letters of intent are of value to them... What do you think?I was thinking of sending a letter of intent but I don't want to be annoying.
We all feel capable of being annoying right now, trust me.
Question: where did you get the 250 acceptance number? I was looking for stats like that but never found them.I think there are definitely still spots available. They only interview around 300 people and they accept around 250. Regardless, if you have an interview your chances are good. Good luck and congrats on the interview!
That was said when I was at the interviewQuestion: where did you get the 250 acceptance number? I was looking for stats like that but never found them.
It's very odd that you are still in committee. I interviewed with you, and I received my out of committee last month. Have you called?yepppp interviewed Jan 28th....still waiting on an out-of-committee email. I am trying to stay positive, 🙁🙁🙁🙁
Yes...I called the number they gave us and no one ever answers. Trying to stay positive.It's very odd that you are still in committee. I interviewed with you, and I received my out of committee last month. Have you called?
I understand man. I am too. Ms. Walk emails back quickly, so maybe she can point you in the correct direction.Yes...I called the number they gave us and no one ever answers. Trying to stay positive.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I really have no idea. Everyone's time is so different. Some people that interviewed with me received a quick decision, then I received one later, and some who interviewed with me have not even received out of committee yet apparently. I honestly do not know what is going on. Love the school, but the admissions process is crazy.What should the turnaround time be for a decision after interview?
2
274631
Does anyone know when the last interview date is?
Does anyone know when the last interview date is?
Last year there were a few dates in May…not sure about this year.
Do we know how many they've interviewed so far? Are there any spots left? I really wanna attend Howard. I've put off all my DO school acceptances so I can wait for Howard. I guess good things never come easy. I know Howard is where my heart is and as such, I'm not about to give up hope yet.Last year there were a few dates in May…not sure about this year.
2
274631
Thank you.Last year there were a few dates in May…not sure about this year.
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
this morning, i got the email from AAMC telling me that I was just either waitlisted or conditionally accepted to a school and asked me to complete the background check. is this a good sign of acceptance or am I jumping the gun?
this morning, i got the email from AAMC telling me that I was just either waitlisted or conditionally accepted to a school and asked me to complete the background check. is this a good sign of acceptance or am I jumping the gun?
I got the same email the morning that I got accepted….so I'm guessing that you've either been accepted or wait listed. I doubt that a school would do a background check if they were going to reject you…just my opinion!
Did you get an out of committee email?this morning, i got the email from AAMC telling me that I was just either waitlisted or conditionally accepted to a school and asked me to complete the background check. is this a good sign of acceptance or am I jumping the gun?
Did you get an out of committee email?
I did. I got it a few weeks ago.
Could you share your stats?Accepted! Interviewed Dec 3rd, found out yesterday. I'm an international student. Thankful to God. Keep the faith, nothing is impossible! Good luck!!!
- fellow international
Hi,
I emailed Ms. Walk last week and she hasn't responded; has anyone heard from her? She's usually pretty quick with the emails! Has there been any movement in the admissions office in terms of acceptances? I love this school so much, I'm so anxious to hear back with some great news!
I emailed Ms. Walk last week and she hasn't responded; has anyone heard from her? She's usually pretty quick with the emails! Has there been any movement in the admissions office in terms of acceptances? I love this school so much, I'm so anxious to hear back with some great news!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys,
I have withdrawn my acceptance from Howard School of Medicine.
I wish you all the best of luck, stick in there.
I have withdrawn my acceptance from Howard School of Medicine.
I wish you all the best of luck, stick in there.
Hi,
I emailed Ms. Walk last week and she hasn't responded; has anyone heard from her? She's usually pretty quick with the emails! Has there been any movement in the admissions office in terms of acceptances? I love this school so much, I'm so anxious to hear back with some great news!
I have also sent an e-mail last week on Tuesday but no luck. I'm actually waiting for an interview, but if they do not send me an invitation next week than I guess I will take that as a sign of rejection. 🙁
I'm painful waiting. 30 days is up. .
I emailed ms walk today about when I will be in committee and she told me it will be a few more weeks. I interviewed March 12 for anyone else waiting. Hoping for good news for all of us 🙂
Thanks for that. March 12th interviewee here, as well 😉
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K