2013-2014 Meharry Medical College

Started by Tots
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Has anyone been contacting them? I was thinking of asking what the chances still are but don't know if it will be well received...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just called. His secretary said that there might possibly be some more movement, but that if we hadn't heard anything as of now, that our status hasn't changed :lame: Blah. She did say to stay positive though!
 
I just called. His secretary said that there might possibly be some more movement, but that if we hadn't heard anything as of now, that our status hasn't changed :lame: Blah. She did say to stay positive though!
Well thats good to hear. I wonder how many people are still on the top 10 list
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ok. I'm literally going crazy waiting. What are you guys doing to get your mind off things and stay optimistic??

Do things you like. When I found out I was out at the movies with my family. Hang out with friends, go see a movie, Netflix binge, xbox 360, go workout, etc. And when you go do those things put your phone on silent or leave it somewhere.
 
Do things you like. When I found out I was out at the movies with my family. Hang out with friends, go see a movie, Netflix binge, xbox 360, go workout, etc. And when you go do those things put your phone on silent or leave it somewhere.
Thanks. I've been watching so much netflix. Going to canada for a while and I'm thinking of studying for the Mcat again?
 
Ok. I'm literally going crazy waiting. What are you guys doing to get your mind off things and stay optimistic??
I'm with @iBackPat just do what you love. I personally just have to pray about it & let it go. Not too much more I can do about it. But I'm definitely catching up on reading, working out, shopping, all that good stuff lol. And I force myself to only check my email and this forum 3 times a day-once in the morning, early afternoon, and then around 4 or 5.

And did anybody else get accepted yesterday?
 
Good evening and congratulations to all applicants that have been accepted into Meharry Medical College. I'm posting on this thread on behalf of my sister who just got her acceptance letter; which we are all excited about. She's not really familiar with studentdoctor.net and I know firsthand from my endeavors into pharmacy school that this is a good source for future classmates to become connected with one another. I know that school starts for you all in a few weeks and we are trying to get everything situated before we head to Nashville. If there is a facebook group that you all have created, I will relay that information to her. Also, are there any suggestions for apartments? She's looking for a roommate if possible. Again, congratulations to all that have been accepted.
 
Good evening and congratulations to all applicants that have been accepted into Meharry Medical College. I'm posting on this thread on behalf of my sister who just got her acceptance letter; which we are all excited about. She's not really familiar with studentdoctor.net and I know firsthand from my endeavors into pharmacy school that this is a good source for future classmates to become connected with one another. I know that school starts for you all in a few weeks and we are trying to get everything situated before we head to Nashville. If there is a facebook group that you all have created, I will relay that information to her. Also, are there any suggestions for apartments? She's looking for a roommate if possible. Again, congratulations to all that have been accepted.
Yes there is one, Meharry Medical College School of Medicine Class of 2018 is the name of it. I'm currently looking for apartments myself, so I don't have too many suggestions. But I'm sure the Facebook group has suggestions; I haven't had time to check it yet (been running around all day). Congrats to her too!!
 
Hey guys.
So I'm not in the country and of course I can't be reached by phone. Do you think I should email the school letting them know. I fear that if I get offered a position and they call but can't reach me they may just move on to the next person.
 
Hey guys.
So I'm not in the country and of course I can't be reached by phone. Do you think I should email the school letting them know. I fear that if I get offered a position and they call but can't reach me they may just move on to the next person.
I would definitely email them and let them know. That way they know 1) you're still interested and 2) the best way to contact you.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congratulations @juststarted !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that is great news!!

Any other top 10%ers out there?

Hey @tnaz I was a lurking top 10%er for a long while. I got a call on Wednesday and was accepted, thank God! To anyone still waiting, keep the faith and keep showing interest! People are still giving up their spots so know that it's not over until it's over! Best wishes!
 
Anyone still looking for a roommate? If you're looking for a place to stay, the place I'm getting now (townhouse) is gonna be about 490-510 a month/person when i set up the utilities. it doesn't have furniture, but it's brand new from the bottom up and just a 20 minute drive if you want to consider this instead of an apartment on campus for twice the money or even a one bedroom that's around 700+/month. Just a thought!
 
So.. time to throw in the towel?
This week we're starting/continuing orientation. I don't wanna give you false hope, but there could be people that withdraw. I'd say call admissions. They can probably give you a more accurate answer
 
Just got accepted for the MHS program starting in August. Is anyone still looking for a roommate? Also is there a Facebook group?
 
Just got accepted for the MHS program starting in August. Is anyone still looking for a roommate? Also is there a Facebook group?

Congrats!! I'm pretty sure there is a Facebook group but not sure what it is though.
 
There is only one essay prompt and it asks you why you want to attend Meharry Medical College, School of Medicine - That's the only essay for the secondary. I of course cannot guarantee that they have not changed it! When applying to this school, ensure that in addition to pointing out your academic victories and potential, that you express why you fit the school's main goal - namely - to help the underserved. Before I applied and before I interviewed etc., I researched the school's history and made sure to shape my secondary in such a way that it showed that I have already participated in activities which have helped the disadvantaged and that I also intend to continue that pattern. I did get accepted with a high MCAT and high GPA, but I am more than positive that if I had not expressed interest in helping the underserved, that I would not have been accepted here. I hope this helps - Please feel free to contact any of the 2017ers if you have any questions - We know the admissions process can feel drawn out (and it is in many ways!). All the best to those applying!
Hey do you happen to know if a 25 is a competitive MCAT for Meharry?
 
Yes It's a competitive score. I have decided to go a different route as far as professional school though. Decided medicine is not for me, but I highly encourage you to apply to Meharry with a 25. Definitely make sure to mention helping the underserved in your personal statement as well. Good luck and God Bless
 
Yes It's a competitive score. I have decided to go a different route as far as professional school though. Decided medicine is not for me, but I highly encourage you to apply to Meharry with a 25. Definitely make sure to mention helping the underserved in your personal statement as well. Good luck and God Bless
Thank you!