2013-2014 Northwestern University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Maybe because their yield this year is higher than expected. So no waitlist movements:thinking:?!



I'm just kidding. Thou looking at last year's thread, no one reported getting pulled off the waitlist until July.
 
Maybe because their yield this year is higher than expected. So no waitlist movements:thinking:?!



I'm just kidding. Thou looking at last year's thread, no one reported getting pulled off the waitlist until July.

Shoot. In 2012 they took in people on the 16th. I wonder why they're taking so long.
 
Last edited:
Maybe because their yield this year is higher than expected. So no waitlist movements:thinking:?!
I'm just kidding. Thou looking at last year's thread, no one reported getting pulled off the waitlist until July.

Perhaps the dean is taking his time, waiting for the top tier waitlist shuffle to calm down. I have a friend who was on their waitlist but just got accepted to his first choice last week, so this must be happening with their accepted applicants as well.
Otherwise it would be somewhat unconscionable to form a waitlist of 170 only to dip into it like five people.
 
A question for those who attended second look: how many students were present?
That would be something of an indicator.
 
A question for those who attended second look: how many students were present?
That would be something of an indicator.

It was a little hard to judge and you should take note that I'm usually terrible at judging these thing, but I'd say at least 100, probably closer to 150. Other relevant piece of information may include the fact that ~385 email accounts have been shared the housing information they sent out. However, this includes things like "women's team swim list," so idk what that really means. Also, the FB group has 256 members, but I know people who either purposely did not join/left because there was some "come sublet MY apartment for the summer" spam present. There are some current M1's in that group.

Take all that for what you will, hopefully it's at least somewhat useful. Good luck to everyone waiting, hope to see you here in August!
 
It was a little hard to judge and you should take note that I'm usually terrible at judging these thing, but I'd say at least 100, probably closer to 150. Other relevant piece of information may include the fact that ~385 email accounts have been shared the housing information they sent out. However, this includes things like "women's team swim list," so idk what that really means. Also, the FB group has 256 members, but I know people who either purposely did not join/left because there was some "come sublet MY apartment for the summer" spam present. There are some current M1's in that group.

Take all that for what you will, hopefully it's at least somewhat useful. Good luck to everyone waiting, hope to see you here in August!
Thanks for the info!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So does this school have an MD/MBA program? MSAR says no but their site says yes...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad