2013-2014 Stanford University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any acceptances recently??

Members don't see this ad.

Any interview recently?

Reactions: 1 users
If it's helpful to anyone, I received a thank you email today for an update email I sent roughly two weeks ago so at least they might still be considering those of us who interviewed awhile back. also seems like they're swamped so don't stress out if you sent an email and haven't heard back in a week or two!

Members don't see this ad :)
sad to say i am the first one to post a rejection post-interview in the mail box it was a small letter therefore i instantly knew what was goin on...oct 2nd....this one hurt a lil! cheers and good luck to everyone else that is still in the run!

sad to say i am the first one to post a rejection post-interview in the mail box it was a small letter therefore i instantly knew what was goin on...oct 2nd....this one hurt a lil! cheers and good luck to everyone else that is still in the run!

uh oh....what state do you live in and what was the postmark date on it?

Hey man sorry to hear that, I got one of those post interview rejections at another school, and man do they suck. Wish all schools could get rid of those or at least decrease the number they give out after we invested so much money in them. Total confidence killer too. Hope you already have some other good acceptances to lean on though.

Reactions: 1 user
Just rejected pre interview snail mail today. West coast. Woo! Good luck all.

Also received the dreaded rejection letter. Interviewed on Oct. 2nd so I was waiting for the rejection. Not gonna lie this one hurt due to Stanford being so awesome but oh well. Thanks for the delicious salmon though Stanford!!!

Did anyone on the east coast get a post interview rejection letter yet?

Hello all!

I've been following this thread for a bit so time I contribute. I interviewed on Oct 2nd and got a letter in the mail yesterday saying that I have been put on the waitlist. I live in CA.

Does anyone know how many people are put on the waitlist and how many usually are accepted from the waitlist?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello all!

I've been following this thread for a bit so time I contribute. I interviewed in Oct 2nd and got a letter in the mail yesterday saying that I have been put on the waitlist. I'm live in CA.

Does anyone know how many people are put on the waitlist and how many usually get off the waitlist?

I don't know how many get in from the WL in a usual year, but last year ZERO people got in from the WL. In fact, they overaccepted and had to ask (8?) students to defer for a year.

Just FYI to those waiting: I just received an interview invitation for the 14th and 21st of this month.

Reactions: 8 users
Thanks for sharing. I interviewed the same day. I'm dreading checking my mail today.....

Sopping wet waitlist letter. Not that I care after UCSF. Yay for rain in CA! :D

Got the waitlist letter in the mail. Dated 2/4. Interview 10/16. Wonder if their more careful acceptances will translate into better waitlist movement this year.

Has there been anyone who was passed over but hasn't received a wait list/rejection letter yet? :scared:

Has anyone who interviewed in November or December gotten the dreaded small envelope?

I'm a current Stanford student (undergrad). I just want to let you waitlisters know that last year the school overenrolled by around 10-15 people so the class for this year is really tight. I don't want you guys to stop hoping, I just want you to have realistic expectations!

Has there been anyone who was passed over but hasn't received a wait list/rejection letter yet? :scared:
Yeah I interviewed October 2nd and have yet to hear anything back or receive mail from them. I'm actually wondering if I should be expecting the mail at my local address or my permanent one.

Definitely expecting a rejection or WL... I just wish they'd hurry up...

I interviewed October 2nd as well but haven't gotten anything in the mail or heard from them either. I'm so confused as to what's going on :(

On the east coast, interviewed in Oct. Got the WL mail today.

Also WL (ii in oct.). I can't bring myself to be bothered though >.<, its a great school but I did not fall in love with it. GL to everyone else waiting!

I interviewed Oct 11th, and got the waitlist letter today. I don't understand why it took so long. But anyway, I'm not hurt after all, UCSF and Hopkins :)

Yeah got the WL letter today as well! Am looking forward to seeing where I end up next year.

Is it typical to receive some kind of email with information concerning the interview day in the days or week leading up to the interview day? I have yet to receive anything after the email scheduling my interview for February 14th (which was like 3.5 weeks ago), so I am not sure if I should be concerned or not. I sent an email a few days ago that just said "Hi, I reconfirm that I am coming on Feb 14th." but did not receive a reply...

Is it typical to receive some kind of email with information concerning the interview day in the days or week leading up to the interview day? I have yet to receive anything after the email scheduling my interview for February 14th (which was like 3.5 weeks ago), so I am not sure if I should be concerned or not. I sent an email a few days ago that just said "Hi, I reconfirm that I am coming on Feb 14th." but did not receive a reply...

I had my interview on Jan 29, and I also sent in that "confirming the interview" email but never got a response. I got a few emails about 4-5 days before my interview about the pre-interview hangout hosted by the medical students and also something telling me which MMI group I was in. But before that, nada. The whole process was very uncommunicative. Hopefully you get that info tomorrow!

Is there any significance to how Stanford "groups" applicants on interview day?

Is there any significance to how Stanford "groups" applicants on interview day?

The only grouping I'm aware of that the afternoon interview group (the last of the three) is usually reserved for California residents who might not have a long flights/drives back. I believe the two groups that start together and switch off morning/afternoon interview times are random, but who knows -- maybe they have a super secret mechanism with which they sort us into two balanced or, conversely, distinct groups :p

WL letter for me this evening :(. I interviewed on 12/18.

Received WL letter on Saturday. Bummer. Interviewed mid November.

Received acceptance letter by mail today (I live in CA). Interviewed in December. Fingers are crossed for others still waiting, sounds like it's a tight squeeze this year.

Reactions: 3 users
Received acceptance letter by mail today (I live in CA). Interviewed in December. Fingers are crossed for others still waiting, sounds like it's a tight squeeze this year.
Huge congrats!! Life made, eh? LOL

Did you get a phone call at any point?

Edit: Also, what's the date on the letter?

Acceptance by mail today on East Coast.
Dates:
Interview: December
Sent: Feb. 3rd.
Postmark: Feb 6th.

Yikes, I guess they've finally gotten to my month (December). So is that only two December folks that heard back already?
I'm also on the East cost, so 86chaser has me terrifed of my mailbox right now haha.

Also, did you guys not get calls as well? I thought that was Dean Garcia's thing.