2013-2014 Temple University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got my interview invite today. Completed 8/19.

OOS
32 MCAT
3.8+ Cumulative GPA

Good luck to all of you!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
So I'm interviewing at another Philly school how do you think Temple feels about "in the area" e-mails?

I emailed them July 25 and they said they'd let me know, but no word since then

Does anybody have access to the student hosts for 2013? There was a link that led to a google docs list but after I actually chose an interview date, the link went away...

Members don't see this ad :)
II yesterday as well ... 32 OOS 3.8 complete Aug. 8th

II this afternoon! :)

Scheduled interview for 09/11... Time to put an impromptu trip into work!

31/3.9+
OOS
Submitted 07/31

II yesterday afternoon! Probably scheduled for the 26th of September. So stoked to visit Temple!

No, mine went straight from "Under Review" to "Invited for Interview"

No, mine went straight from "Under Review" to "Invited for Interview"

Did you also get an email?
In other words, should I keep refreshing my status page every 20 minutes, or will it be sufficient to just keep refreshing my inbox?

Did you also get an email?
In other words, should I keep refreshing my status page every 20 minutes, or will it be sufficient to just keep refreshing my inbox?

Haha you will get an email from "medinterview." No need to refresh your status page :)

Members don't see this ad :)
II 9/9 Completed 8/18 (I think)

IS 3.7+ 31+

I'm excited but kind of bummed that we're contained to only September time slots.

II today! One of my top OOS choices! Will be there 10/08

Completed everything on 7/25.

Did anyone one get an invite to some sort of diversity conference? Is this an indication I am about to get an II? Kind of a strange email if not. thanks.

There is never true despair without hope...

haha jk. hopefully this is an indication of an interview invitation to come in the near future.

Also got this, saw the e-mail from Temple and got excited. I doubt it's really indicative of anything though. It just seems kind of dumb to send this e-mail, potentially have people go to to the conference and then reject them anyways. Who knows.

just had my interview yesterday. it was real laid back, the students here seem pretty cool too.

also, the north philly locals are hilarious. i walked with some guy after the interview who told me jokes for like 5 minutes.

also got this, saw the e-mail from temple and got excited. I doubt it's really indicative of anything though. It just seems kind of dumb to send this e-mail, potentially have people go to to the conference and then reject them anyways. Who knows.

+1

just had my interview yesterday. it was real laid back, the students here seem pretty cool too.

also, the north philly locals are hilarious. i walked with some guy after the interview who told me jokes for like 5 minutes.

And extremely helpful! :)

And extremely helpful! :)

Unfortunately, this is not really the norm. Do be cautious.

Reactions: 1 user
So I'm guessing no word count on this secondary?

Good to hear! I'm assuming the interview was open file since the faculty is a member of the admissions committee. Is that correct?

My faculty interview was, I believe, though he did not rely on it much at all. The student interview, however, was not.

Unfortunately, this is not really the norm. Do be cautious.

I've worked here for two years, and am re-interviewing tomorrow and I have to disagree with you here. Most of the locals don't care about us, a fair swath of them are happy to talk to students who are invested in helping the community, and only a few have ever tripped my creep alarm. The disturbing individuals were on the subway either during rush hour or at 11 o'clock at night. A fair number of the TU-Alerts we get are from Main Campus too.

I'm not saying you should run around with cash falling out of your pockets and announcing you aren't local, but honestly I feel no less safe than I did wandering the low-rent boonies in Nashville or Phoenix.

I got an II, but need to try and coordinate it with another couple of interviews in October. So far the dates available on the scheduling calendar are through 10/11 - anyone know if more dates will be eventually released if I just wait a bit? Or do I need to contact them directly?

II today. but when I login to their website and go to their schedule interview tab, I dont see any available days. Anyone else having this problem?

Oos, 3.7, 33

I got an II, but need to try and coordinate it with another couple of interviews in October. So far the dates available on the scheduling calendar are through 10/11 - anyone know if more dates will be eventually released if I just wait a bit? Or do I need to contact them directly?

II today. but when I login to their website and go to their schedule interview tab, I dont see any available days. Anyone else having this problem?

Oos, 3.7, 33

Care to share completion dates? Thanks!

I have heard that Temple isn't in the best neighborhood. For those that have interviewed, where did you stay and how was it? Temple sent their list of recommended places, but I was hoping for some recent insight from one of you SDNers.

EDIT: Actually, I can't find their recommendations anymore. I am pretty sure they were in the interview tab, but now that tab is gone... Did anyone save the links in there?

Last edited:
I have heard that Temple isn't in the best neighborhood. For those that have interviewed, where did you stay and how was it? Temple sent their list of recommended places, but I was hoping for some recent insight from one of you SDNers.

EDIT: Actually, I can't find their recommendations anymore. I am pretty sure they were in the interview tab, but now that tab is gone... Did anyone save the links in there?
North Philadelphia actually doesn't have much in the way of hotels, sketchiness of the neighborhood not withstanding. Most applicants I know stayed at hotels in Center City near the Convention Center. I don't recall the Temple website listing any hotel recommendations, but pretty much anything close to Broad Street or Market Street will position you nicely to use public transit or catch a cab to campus. Your budget will dictate where you would want to stay; Center City has everything from dirt cheap hostels to extremely nice resort hotels. PM me if you would like some help selecting a place.

North Philadelphia actually doesn't have much in the way of hotels, sketchiness of the neighborhood not withstanding. Most applicants I know stayed at hotels in Center City near the Convention Center. I don't recall the Temple website listing any hotel recommendations, but pretty much anything close to Broad Street or Market Street will position you nicely to use public transit or catch a cab to campus. Your budget will dictate where you would want to stay; Center City has everything from dirt cheap hostels to extremely nice resort hotels. PM me if you would like some help selecting a place.

Thanks, I found a room at the Days Inn near the Convention Center for about $100/night which was the best I could do yet still be within a reasonable distance to the campus.

Temple did have some hotel information in the interview tab. I am pretty sure it listed some hotels that provided discounts for interviewees. Unfortunately, that tab disappears once your interview is scheduled. For those who get interview invitations, make sure you copy those links before you schedule. I searched the Temple site for this information and only found this page:
http://www.temple.edu/maps-and-directions

It just provides a link to a third party site that acted as a search engine for hotels, some of which listed discounts specific to Temple.

Hey guys,

I was reading your earlier posts to see if I could get a good sense of the different campuses. I do not know the PA area too well so I am a little lost but I really cant tell the difference between the campuses in terms of facilities and what they offer. They all seem to have cancer care which is what I am interested in the most. Is there anything important i should know about the campuses as I rank em, I am kind of just doing it blindly. Thanks a ton!

I feel like 99% of people will pick the Temple campus as their first choice

Do you think you have a better chance of an acceptance if you chose one of the other 4 as your top choice?

do you guys suggest sending in updates if we were complete mid august and have heard nothing yet? or are updates usually for post-interview?

do you guys suggest sending in updates if we were complete mid august and have heard nothing yet? or are updates usually for post-interview?

It's still early-ish to me .. I submitted the secondary 10min after it was first sent out in late July, was one of the earliest to be complete, and just found out yesterday. So given all that, I wouldn't fret.

Congrats! When were you complete?

Erm...looking back at my secondary...I think I might have monumentally effed myself.

I answered the "how can you contribute to...?" essay with my diversity essay. Just straight up. But reading the question again....this was a question you should have answered specifically for them right? Figure out what they want and then put that there?

But ERM, Temple why you make no sense? Because the second interpretation is just the "Why Temple" essay, isn't it?

Haven't had the chance to post much since sending out this truck-load of secondaries. Just interviewed here though, very happy students, relaxed environment. Enjoyed the school overall, good luck guys! :thumbup:

Erm...looking back at my secondary...I think I might have monumentally effed myself.

I answered the "how can you contribute to...?" essay with my diversity essay. Just straight up. But reading the question again....this was a question you should have answered specifically for them right? Figure out what they want and then put that there?

But ERM, Temple why you make no sense? Because the second interpretation is just the "Why Temple" essay, isn't it?

I think they might have been looking for a particular skillset that you have that matches with their mission statement...so if you've done a lot of community service or something, rather than just I chose Temple because etc.