2013-2014 Temple University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Let's do this!

Members don't see this ad.

I think they might have been looking for a particular skillset that you have that matches with their mission statement...so if you've done a lot of community service or something, rather than just I chose Temple because etc.
I get that. But when I write my "why x school essays" I usually write them very specifically, "why x school" but make sure I got into what I'm bringing to them. Like, "hey you offer this awesome research opportunity, and I would like to build on my research that I've done here and here". Ya know?

BUT I used the "how can I contribute to" as my diversity essay...because I thought they were looking for a diversity essay.

Was that an incorrect assumption?

I get that. But when I write my "why x school essays" I usually write them very specifically, "why x school" but make sure I got into what I'm bringing to them. Like, "hey you offer this awesome research opportunity, and I would like to build on my research that I've done here and here". Ya know?

BUT I used the "how can I contribute to" as my diversity essay...because I thought they were looking for a diversity essay.

Was that an incorrect assumption?

I feel it's a pretty open-ended question, so talking about diversity should be fine.

Members don't see this ad :)
Erm...looking back at my secondary...I think I might have monumentally effed myself.

I answered the "how can you contribute to...?" essay with my diversity essay. Just straight up. But reading the question again....this was a question you should have answered specifically for them right? Figure out what they want and then put that there?

But ERM, Temple why you make no sense? Because the second interpretation is just the "Why Temple" essay, isn't it?
All of us are applicants here, so it's really hard to give you a definitive answer. If your diversity essay is good and the Why Temple essay is compelling, I think you should be fine. However, admissions process is a complete mystery, so the best thing you can do is not worry about it and enjoy your life.:)

All of us are applicants here, so it's really hard to give you a definitive answer. If your diversity essay is good and the Why Temple essay is compelling, I think you should be fine. However, admissions process is a complete mystery, so the best thing you can do is not worry about it and enjoy your life.:)

I could not agree with this advice more- the admissions process isn't predictable and besides, what's done is done.

Do people get flat out rejected or is under review until the end?

Edit. With the exception of an invite or acceptance

Do people get flat out rejected or is under review until the end?

Edit. With the exception of an invite or acceptance

Looking through past mdapps, it appears they don't send rejections until April or so.

Okay, be honest, is 4500 characters too much for "interest in TUSM?"

I wrote about a few specifics I'm very interested in and spent time outlining my previous experiences and how they relate to those specifics. Overkill?

I wrote less than 500 characters including spaces and received an interview invite.
Not sure if that helps, but I think as long as you show a reason for interest you are on the right track.

So if you pick a regional campus as your first choice, is it possible to still change your mind to the main campus after the interview?

For those of you that had interviewed (or whoever knows the answer), what time can we expect the interview day to be over? around 4pm?
Thanks in advance!

For those of you that had interviewed (or whoever knows the answer), what time can we expect the interview day to be over? around 4pm?
Thanks in advance!

It will depend on your student interview time but you should be done around 3pm.

Members don't see this ad :)
Received an II this afternoon for their MD/PhD program. I was complete on 9/7/2013. Stats are in MDApps profile.

I'm looking at mine now and don't see a limit. But mine were around 100 words.
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

Has anyone interviewed at St. Luke's yet? Sorry if this has been asked already.... I'll be interviewing there on 10/15 and I'm just curious to hear how things went.

I received my II on 10/2. Sent in my secondary 8/12. I'm OOS with a 3.84 and 31.

Has anyone interviewed at St. Luke's yet? Sorry if this has been asked already.... I'll be interviewing there on 10/15 and I'm just curious to hear how things went.

I received my II on 10/2. Sent in my secondary 8/12. I'm OOS with a 3.84 and 31.

I'm interviewing 10/15 as well- but in Philly- good luck!

For those of you who have already been reviewed and are getting interviews, under the Status and Information tab, did yours look like this when you clicked explain:

YOUR STATUS: VERIFIED -- APPLICATION SCREENING WILL BEGIN AROUND AUGUST 15, 2013 AT WHICH TIME COMPLETED APPLICATIONS WILL BE PLACED UNDER REVIEW. [Explain This Status]
Explanation for: Verified -- Application Screening will begin around August 15, 2013 at which time completed applications will be placed under review.
Your application is under review with our office.

I submitted earlier this week but when I went to the payment the webpage messed up and I never had to pay. I am not sure if I am complete, I called the admissions office and they said I would receive an email within 24-48 hours asking me to make a payment but I have not received one. I also sent an email to their admissions web page issues but have received no response yet.

Does my status indicate I am complete? Or would it say "YOUR STATUS: UNDER REVIEW" in the big first part?

Mine started out as "Verified" then it went to "Under review." They'll let you know if you get an interview.. if you do then it will change to "Interview"

Is anyone else having issues accessing the site? I've tried several browsers but my computer suddenly refuses to load the page.

Any word? I thought Temple was going to make decisions today, :/.

Any word? I thought Temple was going to make decisions today, :/.

It still says "interview complete" on mine.

Maybe they'll update them later tonight?

Do the acceptances come via phone or email? Rejections I assume are emailed.

It still says "interview complete" on mine.

Maybe they'll update them later tonight?

Do the acceptances come via phone or email? Rejections I assume are emailed.
Decisions are sent through the United States Postal Service for additional anxious enjoyment

When I interviewed I was advised of a ~2-3 week turnaround time.

I thought acceptances were emailed, waitlists are mailed? At least that's how it was last year.

I really hope we hear back from Temple soon!

I got my acceptance by both e-mail and snail mail last year.

That's kind of the impression I got during my interview as well, but now I'm not sure. I thought she said they'd email on the 15th (because calling everybody is a lot) but also send something more official via snail mail.

I'm going to hope that's the case again, :xf:.

Got my email! AHAHAHA! Yay!

The application website still has not updated, so I hope this is not a fluke.....

but

YAYAYAYYA

Accepted via email as well!!!!!

I'm gunna be a doctor!

Congratulations to everyone who was accepted!! Would the rest of you who were accepted please post the date that you interviewed?

Last edited:
Accepted! Can anyone else verify that the application site isn't updated? I'm totally paranoid it's a fluke too....