2013-2014 Temple University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted! Can anyone else verify that the application site isn't updated? I'm totally paranoid it's a fluke too....

Yea mine still says "interview complete". My email didn't address me by name...hope it's not a fluke either!!

Members don't see this ad.

ACCEPTED!!

Interviewed on their first interview day can't remember the date lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted! Can anyone else verify that the application site isn't updated? I'm totally paranoid it's a fluke too....

Mine's not updated, strongly debating calling the office.

Accepted! Interviewed 10/09

Congrats! :)

I'm curious, does it seem like these are rolling in slowly or did most people get the email around 3 or whenever it was that the first person posted? (Man, SDN makes nerves so much worse but I reallllly liked this school.)

also for all you fellow neurotic SDNers, they have updated the TMO page with acceptances. YAYAYAYAYAY its official!!!!

My email hit at 2:45, but don't give up hope if nothing's come down yet.

Any Crozer-Chester people who interviewed after 9/25 accepted?

Members don't see this ad :)
Ugh still no email. I guess this means I was waitlisted. :(

Congratulations to those accepted!

Does anyone know if the website updates to rejected/waitlisted? Or do we wait for a snail mail notice for that?

I received the acceptance email today too! YAYYYY! Had a disappointing waitlist this morning so it was extremely refreshing to see an acceptance. I interviewed on 10/08

Hmm received an interview invite this morning but I can't seem to choose a date. Anyone else having a problem? Or are all the dates just taken as of right now

I'm somewhat late in the game here, but Temple appear to still be working quickly:

Complete: 10/5
II: 10/16

Hmm received an interview invite this morning but I can't seem to choose a date. Anyone else having a problem? Or are all the dates just taken as of right now

I chose a date last night and there were many times available within the next two weeks. i would call and check.

I'm somewhat late in the game here, but Temple appear to still be working quickly:

Complete: 10/5
II: 10/16

Wow, is that turn-around-time normal? I was complete in late September and I am still "Under Review." Hopefully this isn't a silent rejection if they truly review as fast as your application!

Wow, is that turn-around-time normal? I was complete in late September and I am still "Under Review." Hopefully this isn't a silent rejection if they truly review as fast as your application!

So, I'm a re-applicant. The first time I sat in limbo for months, wrote several letters of interest and had some friends write me additional LORs. I got an interview, was waitlisted and (obviously) did not make it off. They kept me on until they very last minute.

This time I was invited for an interview within 48 hours of submitting my app. So really, your mileage may very. If the school is a particular heartthrob of yours, drop them a line towards then end of the month. :luck:

If you don't mind me asking, what date were you complete?

Frustrating. I submitted two weeks ago now but the payment site messed up and I have contacted them 4 times about it but have not received any assistance. They keep saying they'll send an email with the payment information but I have gotten nothing, not in my spam folder or anything.

Anyone else out there who hasn't heard anything despite being complete rather early? Getting worried.

I completed early September. Didn't hear a word either.

I imagine "under review" is them looking at my primary/secondary once every couple weeks and going like this
goodfellas-laughing.gif

Reactions: 1 user
Unless you are an applicant to Saint Luke's, it should take 3-4 weeks after your interview to have a decision. If you are accepted, you ll get an email. However, if rejected or waitlisted, you ll get a letter in the mail. This seems to be the trend from what people have been posting.
If you are an applicant to Saint Luke's you ll hear back 4-6 weeks after your interview.

I submitted my secondary probably a month and a half ago and just received an interview invitation today! My second MCAT scores only just came in on the 15th though, so that might have something to do with it. Wish me luck guys!

Unless you are an applicant to Saint Luke's, it should take 3-4 weeks after your interview to have a decision. If you are accepted, you ll get an email. However, if rejected or waitlisted, you ll get a letter in the mail. This seems to be the trend from what people have been posting.
If you are an applicant to Saint Luke's you ll hear back 4-6 weeks after your interview.

Only a week for me :)

Congratulations to everyone that got accepted this week! Whether it's through Temple or another school (though Temple is AWESOME), you're going to be doctors!

For everyone else, if your adcom interviewer doesn't make it to the committee meetings, you won't get a decision that week. Not everyone makes it every week. Try not to fret!

Can someone explain to me how your acceptance is affected depending on how you ranked the teaching facilities? I didn't think that was an issue, but after reading through some of these posts, I'm beginning to get the impression that it is...

Can someone explain to me how your acceptance is affected depending on how you ranked the teaching facilities? I didn't think that was an issue, but after reading through some of these posts, I'm beginning to get the impression that it is...

It doesn't affect your chances of acceptance. That's why they have you rank your preferences rather than just pick one. Many of my classmates were accepted and then received their campus designations a few months later.

I'm a little confused, we spend the two years at Temple and then the last two either at Temple or the affiliates? I've been rechecking my app to make sure I'm spending the first two at Temple, but now I'm unsure.

I'm a little confused, we spend the two years at Temple and then the last two either at Temple or the affiliates? I've been rechecking my app to make sure I'm spending the first two at Temple, but now I'm unsure.

It depends.. if you are in the St. Luke's program, you do your first year at Temple then go off to St. Lukes for the last 3 yrs. If you are in Crozer or Geisinger for instance, you would go off after your 2nd year ends and do your rotations at those hospitals (though you can still do outside rotations and some of those hospitals even if you aren't in that program!). At least that is what I gathered from the interview

Did anyone who did not get an II have any status other than "under review"? do they have a hold/rejection status? ... I've been under review since 8/27 and starting to figure out if they didn't get to me yet or if this is a silent rejection

Did anyone who did not get an II have any status other than "under review"? do they have a hold/rejection status? ... I've been under review since 8/27 and starting to figure out if they didn't get to me yet or if this is a silent rejection
I am going to go all science nerd on ya, but you have no basis for your claim :p. If it were March and you haven't heard anything, then, yeah, you could've started thinking that it is a silent rejection. However, it is only October. You also have great stats. So just be patient, and I am sure Temple will respond to you and there is a good chance they may respond with an II. :)

I am going to go all science nerd on ya, but you have no basis for your claim :p. If it were March and you haven't heard anything, then, yeah, you could've started thinking that it is a silent rejection. However, it is only October. You also have great stats. So just be patient, and I am sure Temple will respond to you and there is a good chance they may respond with an II. :)

Haha thanks spica... but this whole waiting game really brings out the neurotic, anxious one in all of us (Interesting to see for me, because I'm honest-to-God so calm about everything else!!!)

Haha thanks spica... but this whole waiting game really brings out the neurotic, anxious one in all of us (Interesting to see for me, because I'm honest-to-God so calm about everything else!!!)
^ what he said.

Anyone get the acceptance letter in the mail yet? I'm seriously still in disbelief...

Anyone get the acceptance letter in the mail yet? I'm seriously still in disbelief...

I got mine sometime last week. I remember reading on SDN somewhere where it took a month until the adcom discovered they had made a mistake and rescinded an offer. I'm still in disbelief and am waiting for that to happen.

Mine came in the mail today! I interviewed on 10/08 and I'm in CA