2013-2014 University of Arizona Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
They're still interviewing?!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I had no idea they were still interviewing...I thought that the last one was a few weeks ago? So then there is only one more round of acceptances?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Can we send them a letter of intent? Any idea of how many spots are left?

I talked to an M1 that I know and she said absolutely no updates or LOI's. I was wanting to do one as well, but she said not to.

When I interviewed at the beginning of February, I was told that around half of the spots were filled already. I think around 70 something at most.

When I interviewed at the beginning of February, I was told that around half of the spots were filled already. I think around 70 something at most.
I don't even know what to believev anymore. According to the MS1 in the previous post, 120 seats have be
I don't even know what to believe anymore?!? According to the MS1 in the previous post, 120 seats have been filled so far?!?! :(

I don't even know what to believev anymore. According to the MS1 in the previous post, 120 seats have be

I don't even know what to believe anymore?!? According to the MS1 in the previous post, 120 seats have been filled so far?!?! :(

Well like I said, I interviewed at the beginning of February and they might've sent out more acceptances since then so it could possibly be around 120 by now....that's a large difference though .__.

So everyone has heard different things...haha oh brother...I guess we will just have to wait and find out, unfortunately...

So I guess there is no facebook group. If any incoming students wanna meet-up before school starts feel free to pm me. I live in Tucson :)

So I guess there is no facebook group. If any incoming students wanna meet-up before school starts feel free to pm me. I live in Tucson :)

Yeah I was hoping there would be a group so we could all get to know each other before classes start. I didn't see anything so I took the liberty to create the facebook page. Just look for "The University of Arizona College of Medicine, Tucson- Class of 2018". Looking forward to meeting you all!

Yeah I was hoping there would be a group so we could all get to know each other before classes start. I didn't see anything so I took the liberty to create the facebook page. Just look for "The University of Arizona College of Medicine, Tucson- Class of 2018". Looking forward to meeting you all!

Can you please post the Facebook group link? I wasn't able to find it.

Members don't see this ad :)
I also got another hold email. Were you actually "wait listed" or still on "hold." Does anyone know if they are currently sending out rejections as well?

Does anyone know if another round of acceptances will take place? If not, then another hold email will either mean waitlisted or rejected?

I also got another hold email. There was talk earlier about this round of acceptances maybe being the last? Looks like that's not the case.

Sadly another hold email. Have any rejections gone out?

Another hold email as well. I hope everyone has other acceptances or that the UofA finally lets a few of us in. Good luck everybody!

Received acceptance email today!!!! OOS, 3.8+c, 3.5+s, 32, non trad.
do any other accepted students know if more information/an acceptance packet is forthcoming ?
SO EXCITED!

do any other accepted students know if more information/an acceptance packet is forthcoming ?
SO EXCITED!
Congrats!

I got another hold email :( I looked back in my email inbox and last year the final decision email stated very clearly that it was the final acceptance... that was sent March 28th. I do recall getting 3 hold emails through out March last year. One during the first week of (like today), another approximately 1 week before the final decision, and then the formal decline. Hope things play out differently this year, UA Tucson has been my number one choice since before i completed undergrad there. Congrats to those accepted and good luck to everyone else in the hold pool :)

Hold email today as well. My heart skipped about five beats opening it because I thought it was the final decision at first… fingers still crossed for an acceptance! good luck everyone!

SO EXCITED!

Congrats! If things go the way it's gone for me, you'll get a letter basically stating the acceptance which your email had. I'm also OOS (accepted in November) and haven't gotten a packet yet so i'm guessing thats not until later on.

Hold email x5. I appreciate University of Arizona keeping us in the loop, but sometimes it just reminds me of how not good enough I am to get an acceptance right now. Don't they know I bruise easy? I am like a delicate flower....

Can anyone comment on the waitlist/hold movement if anyone has been pulled off and accepted this year?

waitlisted today.. interviewed late Jan

wait you were waitlisted? I thought they didn't do any of that until final decisions were made near mid to late March. Anyways, it's been around 5 hold emails for me as well. Interviewed in September. All but losing hope at this point.

wait you were waitlisted? I thought they didn't do any of that until final decisions were made near mid to late March. Anyways, it's been around 5 hold emails for me as well. Interviewed in September. All but losing hope at this point.

That is what I thought as well...

Hold as well. However I agree it is nice how Arizona keeps us updated. Keep your hopes up, its not over yet!!!

Hold. Expecting the waitlist email, next...

Just received another hold email :(

People who got accepted today, when did you guys interview?

Jezz, two hold emails in one week? Why so harsh when I show you nothing but love?!

Seriously...every hold email is just another stab in the heart :(

The day I finally receive that acceptance email, my heart will grow two sizes bigger and break that flimsy brass measuring device.

Reactions: 2 users
Hold email number 6. This sucks.

Reactions: 2 users
I appreciate that Arizona keeps us in the loop. At the same time I think I would rather them reject me upfront then to continue to build hope through these hold emails!

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted after 5 hold emails! I can hardly believe it!

I swear I heard evil laughter in the background when I opened my inbox to a 6th hold email...

:shrug: <<-- me after today's hold e-mail number 92374938247192850.

I feel like they should rephrase their hold email subject line so that it doesn't include the word "acceptance". Every time I see it, my heart starts racing until I realize that it looks really familiar...because it's the same email I've gotten four or five times now.

Last edited:
Just received another hold email :(

People who got accepted today, when did you guys interview?
I interviewed on Feb 21st which was the very last interview date and was accepted yesterday, hope that is helpful.

I interviewed on Feb 21st which was the very last interview date and was accepted yesterday, hope that is helpful.
Congrats on your acceptance! Mind sharing your stats?