2013-2014 University of Arizona Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I don't know if I'm allowed to ask this so I'm sorry if I violated any rules. I was hoping if people who have interviewed already can give me some examples of the questions they asked on interview day. Specifically, the ones that you had trouble with. Also, any other hints/tips besides relaxing (I got that part down.) would be great thanks!

Also, why is Tucson your top choice school? What's unique about it?

I don't know if I'm allowed to ask this so I'm sorry if I violated any rules. I was hoping if people who have interviewed already can give me some examples of the questions they asked on interview day. Specifically, the ones that you had trouble with. Also, any other hints/tips besides relaxing (I got that part down.) would be great thanks!

Also, why is Tucson your top choice school? What's unique about it?
I don't think we're allowed to say any of the questions we were asked. However, I do have a tip for the MMI: don't feel like you need to talk the entire time when answering the primary question at each station. Just answer the question as thorough and clear as you can without rambling. The interviewers will have follow-up questions.

I like Tucson for its P/F grading system and the different distinction pathways available for its students. I also really liked the relaxed vibe I got from the students on my interview day.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are we expecting another round of acceptance/hold emails today?

I think another round of acceptances are going out this week...

Anybody know roughly how many acceptances U of A- Tucson give out per round?

I can't seem to find a match list published by UA. Has anyone else had any luck?

Congratulations to all accepted so far!! :) A lot can still happen this season, so don't give up if you haven't heard.

Anybody know roughly how many acceptances U of A- Tucson give out per round?
The admin director said it can range anywhere from 10-30+ per round. They don't exactly have a set number every time they just accept as they go.

Hope that helps! :)

i wish tucson was as transparent as phoenix. at least i know i'm doomed there, but i'd love to have an interview invite at either of these schools just to get an excuse to come back home and enjoy some great mexican food.

Do we get to ask questions to each of the individual interviewers or is it more like answer your question and move on?

Do we get to ask questions to each of the individual interviewers or is it more like answer your question and move on?

You don't get to ask the interviewers questions during the MMI. They will ask a main question and sometimes have follow up questions, but you really only have time to answer what they ask you. You'll get some other time with students and faculty to ask questions about the school before and/or after the MMI.

You don't get to ask the interviewers questions during the MMI. They will ask a main question and sometimes have follow up questions, but you really only have time to answer what they ask you. You'll get some other time with students and faculty to ask questions about the school before and/or after the MMI.
In my experience, you may have time, it just depends on how succinctly/quickly you address your prompt. I did have a chance to ask two interviewers related questions, just nothing far beyond what we were already discussing.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am really hoping another round of acceptances are sent out this week! I am waiting patiently for hopefully some good news! Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 1 users
The admin director said it can range anywhere from 10-30+ per round. They don't exactly have a set number every time they just accept as they go.

Hope that helps! :)

Thanks for the response. Do you know how many people they have accepted so far?

Another question, are there a set number of ethical/miscellaneous questions? I'm also assuming that there will be 10 stations or 10 questions total?

If memory serves, there were twelve stations. Maybe someone who interviewed more recently can chime in...good luck and have fun! ;)

Does anyone know what the red exclamation point next to "File Under Review" means in the application portal? (I completed my interview 10/26, my MCAT scores and LORs have all been received by UACOM.) Do other people have this little red exclamation point? Is UACOM just taunting me?

Does anyone know what the red exclamation point next to "File Under Review" means in the application portal? (I completed my interview 10/26, my MCAT scores and LORs have all been received by UACOM.) Do other people have this little red exclamation point? Is UACOM just taunting me?

I have the red exclamation mark too

I've had it since interview day, too...

My spidey senses are telling me that the upcoming round of acceptances are going out next week

They mentioned the red exclaimation point at my interview. It just means your file is being looked at; everyone gets it post-interview. Can't even remember if they said it would go away once a decision was made :p

II today! I was complete around 11/31. Unfortunately I've never taken Physiology and since their class starts so early. I don't know if I can take it before I matriculate if I am accepted. Any advice on what to do guys?

Where does it say File Under Review on the website? Mine just has a green check mark for the interview on one page, and what looks like a blue folder on the other. Does it pop up later? My interview was last month.

What's this red exclamation point everyone is talking about? I don't show anything on my page.

Thanks for the response. Do you know how many people they have accepted so far?
To be honest I'm really not sure. I guess whoever has posted so far and one other person I know. Wish that was more helpful :/ lol. I know people in the past have gotten accepted off the wait-list between March-May because spots open up last minute.

For each station, did everyone use up all their time? It seems to me that 8 minutes is a long time...

For each station, did everyone use up all their time? It seems to me that 8 minutes is a long time...
It's pretty quick. And the interviewers are good at avoiding awkward silence by asking follow up questions

That 8 minutes will be gone in a heartbeat. You're not just rambling on for that whole time, you're having a conversation with someone where questions and segues come up organically.

It was over in an instant. It was very conversational and didn't seem forced for me at all of the stations except one...and I think that one was by design.

Thanks for the help. Also, would there be role-playing stations?

Yes. In my opinion, one was very difficult, the other was a breeze. I hope my approach was liked.

*tumbleweed rolls by* I need a sign! Has anyone heard anything back?

Nothing since the first "we haven't accepted you yet" email... I thought we were supposed to hear back every two weeks...

Yeah I know. I'm constantly refreshing this page to see if anyone has gotten any news. It's been over 6 weeks since my interview. Anxiety through the roof :-/

Anyone go from hold to II? I'm going to be interviewed at Phoenix on the 16th and I'm wondering if I should send an in the area email. Anyone have experience or success with this?

Nothing since the first "we haven't accepted you yet" email... I thought we were supposed to hear back every two weeks...

What email is that? All I've gotten is the survey email and the curriculum info email. I interviewed in October, really hoping to at least hear something soon...

The UA basketball team is currently ranked #1 in the nation! Bear Down! I don't know if I picked up some school spirit since interview day or just going on the bandwagon lol

Reactions: 2 users
Are we allowed to bring a small notepad to our MMI to jot down our thoughts for each prompt?

Are we allowed to bring a small notepad to our MMI to jot down our thoughts for each prompt?
No you're not. They have you leave everything in a room including cell phone, note pads, etc. You won't need a notepad. The prompts are very straight forward and you have plenty of time to read each one (2 minutes if I remember correctly)

Strumper beat me to it. Honestly, you wouldn't have time to make and use notes effectively. I think it would also just introduce an obstacle to the conversation...just my $0.02

What email is that? All I've gotten is the survey email and the curriculum info email. I interviewed in October, really hoping to at least hear something soon...

After you interview then send you one of two different emails. The preferable email to get is the one that says "YOU'R IN" in a large font. If you don't get that you get one saying that others have gotten the "YOU'R IN" email but you haven't and and that they will continue to let you know every time they send out acceptances to others and not you... that is until you get an acceptance, rejection, or be put on the wait list some time wayyyyyyyyy later when you have already pulled out all your hair.

Just received the hold email. Now another 6 months of pulling my hair out, like goodguygreg just said. Congrats to those who got accepted!

Lol... I just got another one of those hold emails. They should just man up and reject people instead...

Reactions: 1 users
I really hope my clinical letter made it in time to even be considered for admission...
But alas, I also received a hold email