2014-2015 Brown University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

To copy and paste:

Dear Blank,

The Admissions Committee for The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University has completed its preliminary review of applications to the MD Class of 2019. Regretfully, I must inform you that your application was not selected for interview consideration.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I would love an II from here! Complete early Sept, still in the running. The silence is killing me, but I guess since they accept so many of the people that they interview they want to be thorough.
 
If we are complete in August and haven't gotten an interview but haven't gotten rejected then are we in limbo? It's weird that they've completed the preliminary review when there are supposedly more apps to come...
 
I think it was only emails last month when decisions came out, but I was waitlisted, so I could be wrong about that.

Thanks! Sorry to hear about the waitlist decision. Do you remember if the email was during or after business hours on the day you were expecting it?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I wonder what percentage of applicants made it past the prelim review / what percent of applicants are still being reviewed.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
anyone know if they update the portal once a decision has been made(i.e. II vs rejection), the silence... its killing me
 
For those who interviewed, what sense did you get about how they deal with normal applicants? I know they like non-trads and all that, so is it worth it to try to squeeze in to one of the few remaining spots?
 
For those who interviewed, what sense did you get about how they deal with normal applicants? I know they like non-trads and all that, so is it worth it to try to squeeze in to one of the few remaining spots?

FWIW, I was the only traditional applicant at my interview day -- most had had 3+ gap years. They told me they enroll 2-4 traditional applicants every year. I got waitlisted and I'm wondering if my age was a factor in that decision, but of course it's hard to know for sure.
 
FWIW, I was the only traditional applicant at my interview day -- most had had 3+ gap years. They told me they enroll 2-4 traditional applicants every year. I got waitlisted and I'm wondering if my age was a factor in that decision, but of course it's hard to know for sure.


Thanks for sharing this info!
 
Guys, has anyone gotten an interview anytime recently?

When do ya'll think the next interviews will go out? Been complete maaadd long ago. End o July

I've been complete since August and nothing... Haven't seen any II recently.

Wednesday's tend to be the day for rejections though and I'm just hoping I make it through this week without that...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am grateful to Brown for loving me back. I was certainly lost in love from the interview day forward. Several schools have turned me away without an interview; others are waiting to see how many of their first choice folks turn them down. If I can make the finances work, though, I would certainly like to accept the offer and spend my med school years at this school. Maybe goodness of fit is a "real thing."

BTW, I was complete in early August and interviewed last month. My LizzyM is somewhere in the low 70s. (I know someone is bound to ask me!) I was informed by email sent yesterday morning.
 
I sent one and didn't receive a confirmation, which makes me think I sent it to the wrong place? where did you send yours?