You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 Brown University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
🙁 I'm sorry to hear this. Best of luck with the rest of your cycle! Can you share your complete date?Rejected via portal. Good luck to everyone who's still in the running!
I'm dying to get a sense of things bc I was complete at most of my schools 9/12...and haven't heard...anything.
🙁 I'm sorry to hear this. Best of luck with the rest of your cycle! Can you share your complete date?
I'm dying to get a sense of things bc I was complete at most of my schools 9/12...and haven't heard...anything.
I wouldn't stress too much yet - I was complete way back in July!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
And thanks! Best of luck to you as well.🙁 I'm sorry to hear this. Best of luck with the rest of your cycle! Can you share your complete date?
I'm dying to get a sense of things bc I was complete at most of my schools 9/12...and haven't heard...anything.
And thanks! Best of luck to you as well.
Thank you so much for your reply and encouragement 🙂
Rejection email 🙁 Good luck to the rest of you!
If rejections are done via portal, are II as well? Would someone who received a II mind commenting? Thanks!
Interview invites and decisions are emailed out!
So, looks like I have an email in my inbox. Given how consistent this thread has been, probably a rejection. 🙁 Good luck to everyone else! Brown is a fine institution! Wish I was fortunate enough to be invited for a chat.
Interview invites and decisions are emailed out!
Thank you! Now I can stop checking the portal as often as I did!
Same here. Complete early August. Love affair is officially over.
Joining the rejection party. Got the e-mail a few hours ago. Complete around the end of August.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Jumping aboard the Rejection train, Next stop: Vodkatown.
Complete 8/16.
Complete 8/16.
Rejected today. Good luck guys!
+1Rejected today. Good luck guys!
rejected also. crushed. good luck to everyone else
Rejected via email just now.
Joining the rejection party. Got the e-mail a few hours ago. Complete around the end of August.
+1
I wonder if Wednesdays are Brown's decision days. The last big wave of rejections also occurred on a Wednesday.
Yah pre-interviewPre interview??
I was told by folks in admission that a second wave of admissions will be coming out in November!
I was told by folks in admission that a second wave of admissions will be coming out in November!
Admissions generally or specifically for those who already had an interview? I'm still hoping for an II! Thanks!
Can anyone comment on being waitlisted? When does the most movement on the waitlist occur, during the spring, or at each wave of acceptances?
Would love to know this as well.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They said they would send another wave of acceptances around this month. Not sure about II though. I'm crossing my fingers for you!Admissions generally or specifically for those who already had an interview? I'm still hoping for an II! Thanks!
Sorry to hear that Breezy. Where on the portal was the status update?Rejected via portal. Complete 9/10. International. Lizzy M ~70
When I clicked status it now just says in red that my application is no longer being considered.Sorry to hear that Breezy. Where on the portal was the status update?
All right, thank youWhen I clicked status it now just says in red that my application is no longer being considered.
After reading your post thought I should check mine and I have the same - rejection via portal. Good luck to everyone else - last time I will be checking this forum. 🙁When I clicked status it now just says in red that my application is no longer being considered.
After reading your post thought I should check mine and I have the same - rejection via portal. Good luck to everyone else - last time I will be checking this forum. 🙁
I'm sorry 🙁 pretty sure I will get the same, but I was complete in oct so they probably haven't gotten to me yet. Your complete date?
Complete 09/04 - I wouldn't consign yourself to doom just yet. Good luck!I'm sorry 🙁 pretty sure I will get the same, but I was complete in oct so they probably haven't gotten to me yet. Your complete date?
Complete early august but no response since then. I wonder where my application sits now?
Complete early august but no response since then. I wonder where my application sits now?
+1 (end of Aug)
I'm starting to think a bunch of my apps were rerouted directly to the twilight zone.
Last edited:
+1 (end of Aug)
I'm starting to think many of my apps were rerouted directly to the twilight zone.
I think so too. Complete early July and nothing... hahaha
So sorry about the rejections everyone 🙁. So many rejections and no interview invites for over a month! Because yes, i went through the history of this thread and checked.
Complete Sept 10. Rejected via portal too. Goodluck everyone!
Rejected. Complete 9/15. LM 78, Canadian
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Rejected. Complete Mid Sept. LM 68-73. Via Email. Not surprised at all.
They said they have completed the preliminary review of apps for 2019.
They said they have completed the preliminary review of apps for 2019.
Rejected. Complete Mid Sept. LM 68-73. Via Email. Not surprised at all.
They said they have completed the preliminary review of apps for 2019.
oh no! I wonder what that means.....like they've already done a once over of all the apps and have already filled up all the II spots? eek....
Rejected. Completed October 6th. When were you guys complete if you got rejected as well?
Rejected. Complete Mid Sept. LM 68-73. Via Email. Not surprised at all.
They said they have completed the preliminary review of apps for 2019.
Yikes. Does that potentially mean that no news is good news in the form of - they've looked at you and haven't decided to chop you yet?

Rejected. Complete Mid Sept. LM 68-73. Via Email. Not surprised at all.
They said they have completed the preliminary review of apps for 2019.
How is this possible when they are supposed to be accepting secondary applications through December 31, 2014?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K