You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 Brown University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
you guys must be very happy people, its like reading a thread of muppet babies talking to each other
Hmmm hahaha interesting description!
No email yet.... My phone battery is quickly draining due to near constant refreshing! Haha!
Accepted via email. Interviewed last week.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Accepted 🙂
Waitlisted.... Pretty bummed about this one 🙁
Aww!! Well I heard the waitlist moves for this school in particular! Don't fret! Sending good vibes your way!Waitlisted.... Pretty bummed about this one 🙁
Accepted via email! And I legit cried. I interviewed in September.
Awesome! Congrats! Out of curiosity, when were you complete and received the invite?Accepted via email. Interviewed last week.
Aww!! Well I heard the waitlist moves for this school in particular! Don't fret! Sending good vibes your way!
Thanks 🙂 I appreciate it. Congrats to all who got good news today!
Waitlisted.... Pretty bummed about this one 🙁
So sorry to hear that. Fingers crossed you get off it!
Complete 7/10.Awesome! Congrats! Out of curiosity, when were you complete and received the invite?
II 8/25.
Reapplicant.
Sigh waitlisted...a good opportunity to make patience one of my virtues? In other news, big congrats to everyone who was accepted today!!!
Portal status says application is no longer being considered for admission, not sure when it was posted as I haven't checked the portal since I submitted secondary in beginning of August.
Hey guys! Hope interviews and applications are going well for everyone! Any sub-30 interview invites/WLs/acceptances? If so, when were you complete and what were your stats? Thanks for the information and good luck to all applicants!
Pre interview??Portal status says application is no longer being considered for admission, not sure when it was posted as I haven't checked the portal since I submitted secondary in beginning of August.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Mind sharing stats and when you were complete?same! 🙁
Does anyone know if there has ever been an instance of when an applicant was pulled off the wait list prior to the end of the interview season? Congratulations to those who have been accepted recently!
Also who is the dean of admissions? Dr. Chun and Dr. Forcier? Thanks!
Also who is the dean of admissions? Dr. Chun and Dr. Forcier? Thanks!
Last edited:
Does anyone know if there has ever been an instance of when an applicant was pulled off the wait list prior to the end of the interview season? Congratulations to those who have been accepted recently!
Also who is the dean of admissions? Dr. Chun and Dr. Forcier? Thanks!
Hey there, MS2 here
1) yes, people can be pulled off the waitlist before the end of the admissions cycle.
2) the Director of Admissions is Barbara Fuller
Hey there, MS2 here
1) yes, people can be pulled off the waitlist before the end of the admissions cycle.
2) the Director of Admissions is Barbara Fuller
Thank you very much!
Where is everyone seeing the "no longer being considered for admission" status? Is it the same webiste where you submitted your secondary? I don't really have a status except for the check mark next to application complete, so I'm just making sure that I'm looking in the right place loll
+1Where is everyone seeing the "no longer being considered for admission" status? Is it the same webiste where you submitted your secondary? I don't really have a status except for the check mark next to application complete, so I'm just making sure that I'm looking in the right place loll
Is anyone else like me...completely missing the chopping block?I guess us late August, early-mid September completed people are next on the chopping block.
Completed 8/18...no word at all. Maybe a soft rejection from a low MCAT(w/ high bio)?
Brown is my dream program; it suits me perfectly. Fingers still crossed.
I'm just assuming, but it may mean they reviewed your app, weren't ready to make a decision, and will come back later. Kind of like a "silent hold"Is anyone else like me...completely missing the chopping block?
Completed 8/18...no word at all. Maybe a soft rejection from a low MCAT(w/ high bio)?
Brown is my dream program; it suits me perfectly. Fingers still crossed.
Where did you see this in the Portal?Portal status says application is no longer being considered for admission, not sure when it was posted as I haven't checked the portal since I submitted secondary in beginning of August.
When we write letters of interest do we write "dear admissions office" or dear ms.fuller? or is the attended audience supposed to be the dean? i feel kinda stupid but I never thought I was going to write one really haha, turns out I really love Brown
I'm in this boat too. Complete 7/22Is anyone else like me...completely missing the chopping block?
Completed 8/18...no word at all. Maybe a soft rejection from a low MCAT(w/ high bio)?
Brown is my dream program; it suits me perfectly. Fingers still crossed.
When we write letters of interest do we write "dear admissions office" or dear ms.fuller? or is the attended audience supposed to be the dean? i feel kinda stupid but I never thought I was going to write one really haha, turns out I really love Brown
I am also curious to know if anyone has the answer to this. Also, for those who did send a pre-interview invite, did you email it to the admissions office? The portal doesn't seem to have a place to upload updates.
Looks like a whole bunch of rejections went out last Wednesday 🙁 Do Wednesdays = d-day?
I am also curious to know if anyone has the answer to this. Also, for those who did send a pre-interview invite, did you email it to the admissions office? The portal doesn't seem to have a place to upload updates.
Looks like a whole bunch of rejections went out last Wednesday 🙁 Do Wednesdays = d-day?
Does Brown accept pre-II updates?
Complete 8/8, with low uGPA and high gradGPA, havent heard a peep. Anyone else have a similar experience?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Complete 8/8, with low uGPA and high gradGPA, havent heard a peep. Anyone else have a similar experience?
+1 Complete 8/16 though
Did Brown provide a mailing address for post-interview correspondence? Is e-mail the best route?
Yeah me too! So weird. I still have yet to hear back from like 20 schools... can't decide if that's bad or good.+1 Complete 8/16 though
Same here; completed early-mid August, still waiting on 21 schools.Yeah me too! So weird. I still have yet to hear back from like 20 schools... can't decide if that's bad or good.
Yeah me too! So weird. I still have yet to hear back from like 20 schools... can't decide if that's bad or good.
Yeah me too! So weird. I still have yet to hear back from like 20 schools... can't decide if that's bad or good.
Same!
If I were Brown you guys would be at the top of my list 😉
+1, the silence seems endless. Complete at Brown 8/28, still silence.Yeah me too! So weird. I still have yet to hear back from like 20 schools... can't decide if that's bad or good.
I have the status on my portal that says "We regret that your application is no longer being considered for admission"...but I received no email since my complete email after submitting. so is that the end? i guess i thought i'd get a rejection email! i didn't even get an email to say my status had changed
Sorry about the news...I have the status on my portal that says "We regret that your application is no longer being considered for admission"...but I received no email since my complete email after submitting. so is that the end? i guess i thought i'd get a rejection email! i didn't even get an email to say my status had changed
When were you complete?
Blargh, complete since late July and no news yet - anyone similar in the July club? what does this meannnnnnnnasdfj.
Blargh, complete since late July and no news yet - anyone similar in the July club? what does this meannnnnnnnasdfj.
in the club!
Do you mean MOI, Kermie? 😊you guys must be very happy people, its like reading a thread of muppet babies talking to each other
I saw that lots of folks were pulled off the waitlist last year. Hope that you will make the leap soon!Waitlisted.... Pretty bummed about this one 🙁
How can I try to arrange for a student host? I know that I've seen info somewhere, but I can't seem to relocate it. Help appreciated!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How can I try to arrange for a student host? I know that I've seen info somewhere, but I can't seem to relocate it. Help appreciated!
There is a PDF posted on the website somewhere. Let me try to find it....
Edit: http://www.brown.edu/academics/medical/admission/interview-day-accommodations Here you go!
Blargh, complete since late July and no news yet - anyone similar in the July club? what does this meannnnnnnnasdfj.
Yup. Complete around 7/18, haven't heard a thing.
I wish I had a crystal ball that I could just look into and tell myself and all the other hopefuls on this thread what their fate holds. But I never got the chance to take Divination... Patience, I suppose, is the only trance I know to help me cope.
randomly checked my portal this morning and was rejected as well!
honestly, i didn't love brown that much anyway. maybe they saw that i wouldn't be a great fit
complete 8/19, good luck!
honestly, i didn't love brown that much anyway. maybe they saw that i wouldn't be a great fit
complete 8/19, good luck!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K