2024-2025 Brown (Alpert)

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Has anyone from Rhode Island heard anything yet?
No I have not. Unfortunately Brown does not really have any preference for in-state applicants unless they attended RIC or URI. You'd think with the state having a physician shortage they would want some people to go to medical school in RI and hopefully stay. URI is projected to start a medical school in 10 years; they got congressional approval this past year to start hiring, finding space for a school, etc.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No I have not. Unfortunately Brown does not really have any preference for in-state applicants unless they attended RIC or URI. You'd think with the state having a physician shortage they would want some people to go to medical school in RI and hopefully stay. URI is projected to start a medical school in 10 years; they got congressional approval this past year to start hiring, finding space for a school, etc.
I had no idea URI was in the works to make a school. Thats awesome! In the meantime, hopefully Brown gives us a chance to stay in RI.
 
Loved my interview here. Especially love that they tell you the exact day your admissions decision is released, should be standard practice everywhere.

Anyways, the dean mentioned they admit about a third of the people they interview off the bat and then after waitlist movement it ends up being about half. Thought I should share!
 
Loved my interview here. Especially love that they tell you the exact day your admissions decision is released, should be standard practice everywhere.

Anyways, the dean mentioned they admit about a third of the people they interview off the bat and then after waitlist movement it ends up being about half. Thought I should share!
Loved my interview as well! Everyone was very friendly. Also, all the other applicants seemed so genuine and talented which will make me feel better if I don't get in, because idk how I'd pick if I were adcom tbh. Also does anyone know about sending thank you emails to interviewers? I don't remember if they said anything about that.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Also does anyone know about sending thank you emails to interviewers? I don't remember if they said anything about that.
They definitely didn't mention anything about it specifically

Since they didn’t give us their emails I would assume it’s not standard practice to send them but if you really wanted to I would start by reaching out to the general admissions email and asking to have the notes forwarded to them
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Loved my interview here. Especially love that they tell you the exact day your admissions decision is released, should be standard practice everywhere.

Anyways, the dean mentioned they admit about a third of the people they interview off the bat and then after waitlist movement it ends up being about half. Thought I should share!
I have my interview tomorrow! is it just the two 30 minute open fie interviews that they have on their website? anything you did specifically to prep if you don't mind me asking?
 
I have my interview tomorrow! is it just the two 30 minute open fie interviews that they have on their website? anything you did specifically to prep if you don't mind me asking?
Yup just those and no they’re very straight forward. Just go over your primary and secondary bc they knew my file better than any of the previous interviewers ive had.
 
Yup just those and no they’re very straight forward. Just go over your primary and secondary bc they knew my file better than any of the previous interviewers ive had.
awesome appreciate it! yeah ive heard that they interviewers go really in depth into the apps which is nice
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone have any thoughts/suggestions on the best time to send an update letter/letter of interest post WL notification (mid December). thanks in advance!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad