-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 Central Michigan University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Should I rent a car? I have a dilemma here
I think that would be the easiest
/cheapest.
🙂
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
🙂
Last edited:
S
Sc1entific
I was complete in early July.For those of you that have interviewed/recently received interview invites - when were you complete?
I am am actually landing at MBS sorry.
Oh, that's way closer haha. You'd have to compare the cost of a rental vs. a cab. Personally I'd rent a car but that's because I hate traveling in cabs lol
I just got an II! Did anyone receive one recently and when do you plan on going? I am looking at airfare and it seems it might be easier/cheaper to pair up with someone and drive from DTW instead of flying into MBS. PM if you are interested. Thanks
I just got an II! Did anyone receive one recently and when do you plan on going? I am looking at airfare and it seems it might be easier/cheaper to pair up with someone and drive from DTW instead of flying into MBS. PM if you are interested. Thanks
Congratulations! Mind if I ask when you were complete?
Also, DTW is generally cheaper and car rental is usually a good option 🙂 When are you interviewing?
Congratulations! Mind if I ask when you were complete?
Also, DTW is generally cheaper and car rental is usually a good option 🙂 When are you interviewing?
6/7 amcas application submitted
6/23 verified
7/14 secondary submitted with all recommendation letters
Haven't picked a date for II yet...I am waiting a bit to see if anyone else will be doing their II in Oct or early Nov and may want to travel together...PM if anyone is interested 🙂
Smart!!
Anyone know what time decisions go out?
From last year's thread it seems that they go out at 4 PM.Anyone know what time decisions go out?
S
Sc1entific
Can't focus on much else right now
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I can't access the online portal but idk if that means anything lol
I can access the portal now, but no answer yet. I am going crazy!!!
S
Sc1entific
You guys. I'm freaking out. There's not much time left in the day!
5 PM and I haven't heard anything 🙁
I'm frustrated. Anyone hear anything?
We're all in the same boat

They did say they'd let us know by today, but it's only 5pm. Still 7 hours of the day left technically =)
!!
I interviewed on 9/19, and they told us that the admissions committee was planning on meeting on October 14th, so they expected to be able to send decisions on the 15th, or a few days after. It doesn't look like anyone's heard anything, so they're probably not sending out decisions today. Maybe later this week?
Accepted by phone!
Accepted by phone!
Congratulations!!! They called this morning?
Waitlisted today via email, interviewed 9/26
"Priority waitlist"...and on the bottom it said that they "anticipate that everyone on the priority waitlist will be accepted into the class."
Oh well. Better than rejection =P
Good luck to the rest of y'all
"Priority waitlist"...and on the bottom it said that they "anticipate that everyone on the priority waitlist will be accepted into the class."
Oh well. Better than rejection =P
Good luck to the rest of y'all
Last edited:
S
Sc1entific
Also waitlisted, although I didn't see anything about a priority wait list and they said it wasn't ranked. Which is good for us early birds! It did say "we expect many applicants from the wait list to ultimately be accepted..." so here's to hoping. Good luck to everyone else!
S
Sc1entific
Does anyone know if wait list action happens all throughout the cycle, or just at the very end? Last year's thread seemed to have a little of both, but things change from year to year.
When did those who have heard back interview? 9/19 or 9/26?
When did those who have heard back interview? 9/19 or 9/26?
9/26
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got waitlisted. I didn't see anything about a "priority waitlist", though. I wonder if this is simply a polite "no". Sigh, I guess time will tell.
Accepted by Phone!
I got waitlisted. I didn't see anything about a "priority waitlist", though. I wonder if this is simply a polite "no". Sigh, I guess time will tell.
Because CMU is new, a lot of people will drop acceptance in favor of other schools. At interview they said they accept quite a bit off the waitlist and have even accepted off the hold list. I would say your chances are favorable. Unfortunately, you may not know until may when everyone is required to say yes/no.
Does anyone know if wait list action happens all throughout the cycle, or just at the very end? Last year's thread seemed to have a little of both, but things change from year to year.
They accept waitlisted candidates throughout the year. Some will decline acceptance immediately. Others will wait until May.
S
Sc1entific
Thanks for the clarification! There's hope for us yet!They accept waitlisted candidates throughout the year. Some will decline acceptance immediately. Others will wait until May.
Waitlisted today via email, interviewed 9/26
"Priority waitlist"...and on the bottom it said that they "anticipate that everyone on the priority waitlist will be accepted into the class."
Oh well. Better than rejection =P
Good luck to the rest of y'all
I know someone who was priority waitlisted in February and was accepted off the waitlist in early May. Good luck!
Does CMU accept updates pre II? Congrats acceptees!
Just got an interview!! I spent my childhood in Detroit but have no ties to central Michigan. Needless to say, I am shocked and thrilled about this! Complete mid July, LizzyM 67
Earliest available date for me was NEXT FRIDAY haha. I'll take the risk being rushed, I don't wanna wait another month for the next opening. Congrats!
I have an interview the day before in New York and won't be back in time for that date 🙁 the next available date was 11/21, so I took thatEarliest available date for me was NEXT FRIDAY haha. I'll take the risk being rushed, I don't wanna wait another month for the next opening. Congrats!
I've been keeping up with the thread but hadn't made an account or posted.
I just wanted to see if anyone that is interviewing on Nov 21 would be interested in planning travels? (renting a car or sharing a cab or something).
I just wanted to see if anyone that is interviewing on Nov 21 would be interested in planning travels? (renting a car or sharing a cab or something).
I just PMed you!I've been keeping up with the thread but hadn't made an account or posted.
I just wanted to see if anyone that is interviewing on Nov 21 would be interested in planning travels? (renting a car or sharing a cab or something).
Received an II today! My first one after two pre-interview rejections, so I'm freaking ecstatic right now :-D
IS, LizzyM ~66, MPH and currently working on an MS.
Current debate is whether or not to interview in October or November...I have an important exam on 10/28 (and a cumulative final on 10/31), so I'm not sure if I can afford the day off...but I don't know if I would be hurting my chances if I delayed the interview to November 21st.
Anybody have any insight on whether or not it'd be detrimental to my chances if I delayed my interview to November? Thanks in advance.
IS, LizzyM ~66, MPH and currently working on an MS.
Current debate is whether or not to interview in October or November...I have an important exam on 10/28 (and a cumulative final on 10/31), so I'm not sure if I can afford the day off...but I don't know if I would be hurting my chances if I delayed the interview to November 21st.
Anybody have any insight on whether or not it'd be detrimental to my chances if I delayed my interview to November? Thanks in advance.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Received an II today! My first one after two pre-interview rejections, so I'm freaking ecstatic right now :-D
IS, LizzyM ~66, MPH and currently working on an MS.
Current debate is whether or not to interview in October or November...I have an important exam on 10/28 (and a cumulative final on 10/31), so I'm not sure if I can afford the day off...but I don't know if I would be hurting my chances if I delayed the interview to November 21st.
Anybody have any insight on whether or not it'd be detrimental to my chances if I delayed my interview to November? Thanks in advance.
A few weeks shouldn't hurt you. Do well in school =P
Apparently, there are no October dates left. Decision made 😛A few weeks shouldn't hurt you. Do well in school =P
Thanks for the reassurance!
Does anybody have any idea what a not ranked waitlist even means?? haha

