You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 Dartmouth University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
LizzyM 66-68, complete 8/4, sent updatesCongrats! Could you give your LizzyM and complete date? 🙂
Congratulations! When you sent updates, did you receive confirmation that they were received?LizzyM 66-68, complete 8/4, sent updates
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
YepCongratulations! When you sent updates, did you receive confirmation that they were received?
I just assigned Geisel to my AMCAS, better late than never, but after looking through their website and a quick call to the admissions office I'm super excited about this school that up until recently was not on my radar. Super reach...
When you sent updates, did you just directly email admissions?
I did.... and I got an automatic response but later they sent me a nice email, acknowledging the receipt of my email and thanking for the updates....When you sent updates, did you just directly email admissions?
Congratulations to all getting those IIs!!
To people who already interviewed: Should we be expecting some sort of news tomorrow?
Unclear. I don't remember them giving us a specific date, but maybe!?
You might. I know someone heard the news last year pretty close to midnightTo people who already interviewed: Should we be expecting some sort of news tomorrow?
Does anyone know if Dartmouth is open to pre-II updates?
Does anyone know if Dartmouth is open to pre-II updates?
Yes. This has been discussed several times in this thread, including just a few posts ago.
Edit: I see you just carpet-bombed a half-dozen threads with the same question. It would be more courteous to read the threads first.
Last edited:
Yes. This has been discussed several times in this thread, including just a few posts ago.
Edit: I see you just carpet-bombed a half-dozen threads with the same question. It would be more courteous to read the threads first.
I do try and keep up on the threads, however I have a limited amount of time today and I'm in the mind-space to finish all these Updates now so I thought I'd rely on the kindness of the SDN community. In any case, thanks for your response!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I do try and keep up on the threads, however I have a limited amount of time today and I'm in the mind-space to finish all these Updates now so I thought I'd rely on the kindness of the SDN community. In any case, thanks for your response!
You're welcome. Good luck with the updates.
FWIW, I interviewed in late September, and they made a point of saying things move slowly at the start of the cycle.
Thank you. This is good to know. Very hopeful for a II from Dartmouth.
does dartmouth send pre-interview rejections or is it silence forever?
Accepted!!!

Email came pre-business hours this morning.


Email came pre-business hours this morning.
Got my completed email today. Applied a week ago.
Congrats!!!! When did you interview?Accepted!!!
Email came pre-business hours this morning.
On the first interview week.Congrats!!!! When did you interview?
On the first interview week.
May I ask the date?
PM'ed you.May I ask the date?
okay! i just wasn't sure because i don't think anyone has said that they have been rejected yet. thanks!They definitely do send pre-interview rejections. The interview season goes until March/April so there's still PLENTY of time to get an II. If you haven't been rejected from them, you're still in the running!
Wow congrats! Very very late at night! How exciting!II just now! SO excited, Dartmouth is definitely one of my top choices and I can't wait to interview. I was offered early/mid November dates. LizzyM in the upper 60's and complete 7/16.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congratulations on the II. . .pack your woolies for the cool weather and let your light shine!
Have people heard anything back post-interview? I interviewed beginning of September and no news yet, wondering if I'm the only one!
Someone commented before that Dartmouth is a little slow early in the cycle... do you know why? are they taking more time to review all applicants and comparing them before sending out interview invitations?
I just added dartmouth yesterday and submitted my secondary yesterday as well ... hopefully I'm not too late!
Hey guys! Hope interviews and applications are going well for everyone! Any sub-30 interview invites/WLs/acceptances? If so, when were you complete and what were your stats? Thanks for the information and good luck to all applicants!
Thank you!I believe some students were accepted back on the 15th but vast majority of people who interviewed already probably won't hear back for a while
Someone commented before that Dartmouth is a little slow early in the cycle... do you know why? are they taking more time to review all applicants and comparing them before sending out interview invitations?
Yes, they like to give folks who apply later an equal chance. I can attest that if you get an interview at Geisel, even if it is in March, you are not interviewing for a wait-list position. Several people in my class interviewed during that time and were offered spots in late April. They tend to accept conservatively during the beginning of the cycle to prevent over enrollment.
So don't despair if you haven't heard anything! No news is good news!
For those who already interviewed, is there a hotel you would recommend? I couldn't find a student host and my interview is Tuesday
For those who already interviewed, is there a hotel you would recommend? I couldn't find a student host and my interview is Tuesday
I stayed at the Courtyard Marriott, which is just a few minutes drive away. I liked it.
Thank you!Yes, they like to give folks who apply later an equal chance. I can attest that if you get an interview at Geisel, even if it is in March, you are not interviewing for a wait-list position. Several people in my class interviewed during that time and were offered spots in late April. They tend to accept conservatively during the beginning of the cycle to prevent over enrollment.
So don't despair if you haven't heard anything! No news is good news!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Which airport did any of you use? Lebanon or Manchester?
I flew into Lebanon. The cost wasn't significantly greater than flying into Manchester, and saved me a lot of time.
I finished with a ~2.9 uGPA in a challenging science major and a 33 (taken only once). Went straight to a SMP finished with +3.8 taking courses with med students. Lots of ECs and research at top tier institutions. Is Dartmouth too much of a reach for me?
I finished with a ~2.9 uGPA in a challenging science major and a 33 (taken only once). Went straight to a SMP finished with +3.8 taking courses with med students. Lots of ECs and research at top tier institutions. Is Dartmouth too much of a reach for me?
I don't know, Dartmouth seems to be a school that values sheer numbers a lot less than other schools and cares about if you are an interesting person. I have no way of judging that, but the interesting underdog, I feel, has a pretty good chance at Dartmouth.
I finished with a ~2.9 uGPA in a challenging science major and a 33 (taken only once). Went straight to a SMP finished with +3.8 taking courses with med students. Lots of ECs and research at top tier institutions. Is Dartmouth too much of a reach for me?
My uGPA is only slightly higher than yours and my MCAT was around what you scored. I got an II, so I think if you are a well rounded candidate that demonstrates that you can be successful in medical school, I think they would look at you holistically.
Any recent II?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K