-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 Dartmouth University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Yes they are just email the email address that you already have in your inbox. It takes a couple days but they'll get back to you.Anyone know if pre II letters of interest or updates are ok here? I really want a chance to visit here and have been complete for a while now. The crickets are starting to chirp louder...
Any post-interview news lately?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
did anyone who wrote dartmouth an update letter pre-interview get positive news as a result? (or speculative? lol)
Hey all,
I've submitted my secondary application on 9/5/2014 and I still haven't received a "complete" e-mail. Is this something I should bother the admission's office with or just remain patient. Thanks for your help! Oh, I'm a Canadian citizen applying for MD/PhD if that changes anything.
I've submitted my secondary application on 9/5/2014 and I still haven't received a "complete" e-mail. Is this something I should bother the admission's office with or just remain patient. Thanks for your help! Oh, I'm a Canadian citizen applying for MD/PhD if that changes anything.
I'm also a Canadian citizen and received my complete email the day after I submitted my secondary. Have you checked your status in the portal?Hey all,
I've submitted my secondary application on 9/5/2014 and I still haven't received a "complete" e-mail. Is this something I should bother the admission's office with or just remain patient. Thanks for your help! Oh, I'm a Canadian citizen applying for MD/PhD if that changes anything.
II this morning, OOS, LizzyM 73, complete since late July.
Congrats! What dates are they scheduling for?
Early and mid November. Thanks.Congrats! What dates are they scheduling for?
Any rejections? Been complete since early August
bump...anyone? debating writing one and want to know if there are any success stories after doing so 🙂did anyone who wrote dartmouth an update letter pre-interview get positive news as a result? (or speculative? lol)
bump...anyone? debating writing one and want to know if there are any success stories after doing so 🙂
I did this last year and got an interview invite about 2 weeks later. It's pretty tough to say whether or not it was a coincidence though but I don't see it hurting your chances here!
I did an Update a few weeks ago. There was a brief email stating it had been added to my file. I doubt it will have any effect on my being given an II though.
Does anyone remember from the interview day if they said they'd continue to release acceptances through November? Or if it was just a small number in October, then more in January?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Following an acceptance at another school, I have withdrawn my application. I had been complete in late July with no interview invite, and I sent in an update a couple of weeks ago. Best of luck to those in the running to spend four years in beautiful Hanover!
+1Following an acceptance at another school, I have withdrawn my application. I had been complete in late July with no interview invite, and I sent in an update a couple of weeks ago. Best of luck to those in the running to spend four years in beautiful Hanover!
Congrats! Hope it went well. I'll be interviewing there next week- any tips? What's the interview stress level on a scale from 1-10? Thanks 🙂Just had my interview today! Love it here. BUT I forgot to ask when we should be hearing back?
Just had my interview today! Love it here. BUT I forgot to ask when we should be hearing back?
Any particularly notable things you liked about the school?
Just had my interview today! Love it here. BUT I forgot to ask when we should be hearing back?
If I remember correctly, they said that a few people might hear back within a month or so, while the majority of acceptances will hear back in spring. This makes the chances for admissions roughly equal for fall and spring interviewees.
Just had my interview today! Love it here. BUT I forgot to ask when we should be hearing back?
I had my interview today too! I wonder if we talked 🙂 I also really enjoyed it! FYI to others, it is SUPER low stress. I would relax, and bring a warm coat 🙂
I had my interview today too! I wonder if we talked 🙂 I also really enjoyed it! FYI to others, it is SUPER low stress. I would relax, and bring a warm coat 🙂
As in, a coat that goes on top of your suit?
I don't have anything like that. 🙁 West coaster over here
Same problem here. Did you have to spend much time outside?As in, a coat that goes on top of your suit?
I don't have anything like that. 🙁 West coaster over here
How do you post an update? I can't seem to find it on the portal.
I e-mailed admissions at Geisel.admissions @dartmouth.edu and attached my update letter. They confirmed receipt, so that's the way to go! Pretty sure there's not a way to do it thru the portalHow do you post an update? I can't seem to find it on the portal.
No, there is not a ton of time outside, although the optional tour at the end might spend more time outside. I was just happy to have a warm coat during the visit in general. I'm a west coaster too, and it's quite a bit colder over there!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I e-mailed admissions at Geisel.admissions @dartmouth.edu and attached my update letter. They confirmed receipt, so that's the way to go! Pretty sure there's not a way to do it thru the portal
+1
Interviewing here pretty soon, any advice/tips would be greatly appreciated!🙂
Hi, thanks for spending time to help people here. I wonder what is it like to have a class with an average age of 29 (or 27...I can't remember which one was it). I mean, does it make the atmosphere more mature? How do the 30+ students feel about it? I probably will be one of the oldest in any given school. I'd love to have people more around my age in the class.If you guys have specific questions regarding interview day, let me know and I'll try to answer them 🙂 I posted a while back on curriculum and schedules!
Btw everyone, I was talking to the admission just the other day and they said that they were totally swamped so don't loose hope for II even if you were completed really early in the cycle. You can still be on the queue to be reviewed.
Hi, thanks for spending time to help people here. I wonder what is it like to have a class with an average age of 29 (or 27...I can't remember which one was it). I mean, does it make the atmosphere more mature? How do the 30+ students feel about it? I probably will be one of the oldest in any given school. I'd love to have people more around my age in the class.
Btw everyone, I was talking to the admission just the other day and they said that they were totally swamped so don't loose hope for II even if you were completed really early in the cycle. You can still be on the queue to be reviewed.
a class with an average age of 29 sounds amazing
Thanks for the update!
agreed!a class with an average age of 29 sounds amazing
Thanks for the update!
ACCEPTED!!! I really enjoyed my visit to Hanover and for anyone that was wondering, I interviewed on 10/23. Good luck to the rest of you guys!
Also accepted! Super surprised here. And I also interviewed on 10/23.
Interviewed here today--I left with a really good impression of the faculty and school. Impressive program.
Congrats on the acceptances! Were you guys notified over email, or did you get a call?
Acceptance!!!!!!!!!! My dream school!!!! Interviewed 10/2.
Had a great interview experience yesterday! Everyone is genuinely nice and the students seem really happy there. Interviews are low stress
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
And congrats to all with acceptances!
Anyone know when they stop interviewing?
Thanks! I am still waiting for you, Dartmouth! 😉Varies year to year but I would assume until late March and II's will probably continue until the end of february or even beginning of March.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K