-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 East Tennessee State University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
The class of 2019 "incoming students" page is up! Orientation is July 20-21 and the first day of class is July 22!
Yay! Has anyone gotten any kind of info packet yet? I want to get started on all the vaccination stuff.The class of 2019 "incoming students" page is up! Orientation is July 20-21 and the first day of class is July 22!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Never mind I found it.
Can any current students tell me how firm Quillen is on the no Mac policy for laptops. We are an all Mac family and I really don't want to buy a PC just for quizzes if possible. I'm only questioning it because I have friends who graduated from here in the past whom I know used MacBooks.
Can any current students tell me how firm Quillen is on the no Mac policy for laptops. We are an all Mac family and I really don't want to buy a PC just for quizzes if possible. I'm only questioning it because I have friends who graduated from here in the past whom I know used MacBooks.
Never mind I found it.
Can any current students tell me how firm Quillen is on the no Mac policy for laptops. We are an all Mac family and I really don't want to buy a PC just for quizzes if possible. I'm only questioning it because I have friends who graduated from here in the past whom I know used MacBooks.
Hah, no seriously there's a no Mac laptop policy? Interesting! Wonder if it's new. I'm pretty sure the Gross Anatomy lab uses iPads for Netter's display, so that's... interesting. Could you link the page?
Thanks!
Yay! Has anyone gotten any kind of info packet yet? I want to get started on all the vaccination stuff.
I haven't received anything by mail but I did finally get an email. It just had a link to matriculation documents... nothing else though.
http://www.etsu.edu/com/studentsvcs/incomingstudents/2019Class MatriculationRequirements.pdf
[url]http://www.etsu.edu/com/studentsvcs/incomingstudents/default.aspx[/URL]
Did everyone on the hold list get the email today?
Did everyone on the hold list get the email today?
I just saw it, yes.
What did the email say?
email regarding waitlist?
Yes, and encouraging folks holding multiple acceptances to get it down to one and let them know ASAP.
Is it to get an update from waiting candidates or indirect way of saying apply again next cycle?Yes, and encouraging folks holding multiple acceptances to get it down to one and let them know ASAP.
Is it to get an update from waiting candidates or indirect way of saying apply again next cycle?
The only update they're asking for is just to ask people holding multiple acceptances to let those go if they have committed to attending a school where they've been accepted. Nothing else of significance to us waitlisted except that they have made "a few" offers off the waitlist already and anticipate more such, for this cycle.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just withdrew my acceptance...good luck to all of you! Quillen is a great little school.
Hah, I'll take that good luck you're just handing out. Have a great time up north.
Hey guys I am a super longtime lurker here and I received a call yesterday afternoon notifying me of my acceptance! Waiting is super stressful, but it will be worth it when an acceptance comes your way. Truly never give up on your dreams of becoming a physician. It will happen if you want it bad enough! My stats are 3.79 gpa/3.76 sgpa and 28 MCAT. (11/7/10). (I know 7 in Verbal right? I was beyond distraught when I saw that score). I was rejected here last year pre-interview, but I spent the past year really boosting my application with shadowing, volunteering at a local hospital, and community work. You guys can make it happen. Good luck to all of you!
Congratulations!!!! You got accepted from hold list or after interview?Hey guys I am a super longtime lurker here and I received a call yesterday afternoon notifying me of my acceptance! Waiting is super stressful, but it will be worth it when an acceptance comes your way. Truly never give up on your dreams of becoming a physician. It will happen if you want it bad enough! My stats are 3.79 gpa/3.76 sgpa and 28 MCAT. (11/7/10). (I know 7 in Verbal right? I was beyond distraught when I saw that score). I was rejected here last year pre-interview, but I spent the past year really boosting my application with shadowing, volunteering at a local hospital, and community work. You guys can make it happen. Good luck to all of you!
Thank you! I interviewed in late Jan. and was placed on hold the following committee meeting.Congratulations!!!! You got accepted from hold list or after interview?
Congratulations!!!!Accepted off the holding list today!
Mind sharing stats?Accepted off the holding list today!
Mind sharing stats?
MCAT 24, 3.73 undergrad, 3.58 grad, lots of research experience, leadership, 2nd cycle applicant
Thanks.MCAT 24, 3.73 undergrad, 3.58 grad, lots of research experience, leadership, 2nd cycle applicant
Last edited:
I was on the holding list last year, and I never received an actual rejection. They just send an email mid-way through the summer and say whether or not they expect much movement on the waitlist, and then one a little after classes have begun saying they are terminating all outstanding applicationswhen do they confirm from the hold list? reject/accept?
Does anyone know when the AC meets again?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone else noticed how the stats page no longer says how many are on hold anymore?
Yeah. Noticed the same thing. If you do the math though there are still 57 applications that haven't been terminated or offered acceptance. Suppose we can only hope for the best.Has anyone else noticed how the stats page no longer says how many are on hold anymore?
Rejected by mail today...
Good luck to those still in the game!
Good luck to those still in the game!
Are the people that don't get in this year going to retake your mcat? I want to reapply as early as possible but feel like retaking the mcat will put me in the same position next year.
You can always email Doug and ask him what advice he has for you to improve your application if you don't get in this yearAre the people that don't get in this year going to retake your mcat? I want to reapply as early as possible but feel like retaking the mcat will put me in the same position next year.
Acceptance call Friday morning. First acceptance, and by phone with a local area code instead of (865) like I thought ETSU was, so I was caught completely off-guard. I probably sounded like a crazy person on the phone. My voice cracked up a little, so I tried to say less. I hope I sounded excited and not indifferent.
JuJuBeanz, I got my email Friday afternoon.
JuJuBeanz, I got my email Friday afternoon.
.
Last edited:
Has anyone been in contact with Doug or have an idea of where the wait list is at?
At what point are you guys going to start reapplying? It doesn't seem very likely that we will get in off the waitlist this cycle.
Just got off the phone with Tori - I've been accepted. Sorry for any typos, my hands are shaking some.
Best of luck to all and I look forward to seeing more people from here later this summer.
Best of luck to all and I look forward to seeing more people from here later this summer.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! Very happy for you!Just got in off the waitlist. I'm very excited to be a part of the class. For those of you still on hold, hang in there! It took me a few tries to get into medical school. It'll happen for you when the time is right.