2025-2026 East Virginia (EVMS)

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hoping the best for all of us! According to the data from the AAMC they have a waitlist of 300 people and accept 100 people off of it. So this is a little bit more reassuring that there may be a lot more movement and hopefully soon.
 
Hoping the best for all of us! According to the data from the AAMC they have a waitlist of 300 people and accept 100 people off of it. So this is a little bit more reassuring that there may be a lot more movement and hopefully soon.
Yeah I’m aware of that statistic and crossing my fingers, but just playing devils advocate that those numbers aren’t reflective of the current student loan climate we’re in now
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I called them to get any kind of insight on waitlist movement and the lady I spoke to said you could hear back up until classes start so not much help but ugh I hope there’s more movement 😭
 
So around 10 spots left? Damn. Thanks for the info though, and congrats on your acceptance!
wow, that feels like such a decrease from the last 3 years. i know the "data" on here is no way near reputable, but it feels like such a deflation, the ups and downs and no certainty (I need to get off this site).
 
wow, that feels like such a decrease from the last 3 years. i know the "data" on here is no way near reputable, but it feels like such a deflation, the ups and downs and no certainty (I need to get off this site).
Ya ik the loan policy changes have affected things but dang are there really barely any spots left
 
IMG_3947.webp

“i am once again asking for EVMS class of 2030 fb/groupme member status”
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I really hope so! I am just so confused as to why this year's waitlist movement is just so drastically different than previous years. I am hoping that things are just delayed rather than the class already being full.

Loan changes make schools like EVMS with a comparatively lower tuition more desirable -> higher matriculation rate -> less waitlist movement compared to other years
 
Loan changes make schools like EVMS with a comparatively lower tuition more desirable -> higher matriculation rate -> less waitlist movement compared to other years
That makes sense. Do you think the same is true for OOS students where the tuition is higher?
 
Honestly, I think schools overestimate how many people they take off the WL. If you look at the AAMC WL procedures doc it says they waitlist 300 and accept 100 of the waitlist. That’s just not true lol. I obviously don’t have the numbers but I’m pretty sure it’s less than a 100.

I was stranded on three waitlists last year and never get off and each school overestimated their WL movement. I just think waitlist movement is only for like the top 20% of the WL. Everyone else is just being dragged on as a backup option just in case the school’s yield is unusually low.

I feel that the first two weeks of May are the real timeframe for WL movement, after that it’s down to luck.
 
I don't think anyone from the waitlist was rejected and it seems from other forums that they are still currently reviewing the waitlist. Unfortunately, I don't know what that really means for us regarding when to expect updates. Any insight as to what the latest GroupMe and Facebook numbers are?
 
Does anyone know if ppl from the WL have been rejected or are they waiting to tell ppl they didn't get off the WL until the very end?
This is what they wrote in the decision letter: "Applicants who are not accepted from the waitlist will receive a final decision once the entering class is completed, typically around the second week of August."
 
This is what they wrote in the decision letter: "Applicants who are not accepted from the waitlist will receive a final decision once the entering class is completed, typically around the second week of August."
I called this morning and I’m ngl idk if the lady I spoke with was 100% sure about dates but she said students would be notified before the end of July commit to enroll deadline but then I’ve heard what you mentioned about how you could hear back up until August when orientation is 😭
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I thought similarly that we would have heard back by now. I wish they had an earlier CTE deadline but I think that movement is going to be pretty sparce until then. I feel like most movement is going to happen around their CTE deadline and if not then their class is unfortunately full.