You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2025-2026 East Virginia (EVMS)
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
anonymous2025
Full Member
Does anyone know how the WL movement is for EVMS?
premed17fl
Full Member
OOS WL interviewed January 14th. ^Also same does anyone know how the movement is?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
thatspeanutbutter
Full Member
hey everyone, i never got a link for the accepted student group me chat from admissions, is there a link in the purl somewhere?
SicilianDefense99
New Member
+1 OOS WL interviewed in January. Wondering what the process is. Ive read they used to have tiers?
treasurehound44
Full Member
they do, i just emailed them asking what tier i was and they responded pretty quick - there's three tiers i believe (top/middle/low)+1 OOS WL interviewed in January. Wondering what the process is. Ive read they used to have tiers?
Are we able to ask about our individual waitlist status? I was not sure if we could do that based on the email they sent. Also what exactly do the tiers mean in terms of likelihood of getting off the waitlist?they do, i just emailed them asking what tier i was and they responded pretty quick - there's three tiers i believe (top/middle/low)
rllynervouspremed
Full Member
I believe they don't take further questions about your waitlist status other than top/middle/low (I could be wrong so someone please confirm) but there is talk that tiers don't matter in terms of chances of getting off the waitlist. Although it is technically based on their "scoring," if someone who got accepted rejects their offer then they will take someone off the waitlist that has similar stats/demographics regardless of their tier is what i heard from past threads (could be wrong again lol).Are we able to ask about our individual waitlist status? I was not sure if we could do that based on the email they sent. Also what exactly do the tiers mean in terms of likelihood of getting off the waitlist?
Thank you! If that is the case, I will definitely reach out about that. And hopefully some waitlist movement starts to take place next month.I believe they don't take further questions about your waitlist status other than top/middle/low (I could be wrong so someone please confirm) but there is talk that tiers don't matter in terms of chances of getting off the waitlist. Although it is technically based on their "scoring," if someone who got accepted rejects their offer then they will take someone off the waitlist that has similar stats/demographics regardless of their tier is what i heard from past threads (could be wrong again lol).
anonymous2025
Full Member
Hi! So for everyone mentioning the tiers, did you straight up ask the admissions office for your tier and they disclosed it?
ninstonbiller
Full Member
YepHi! So for everyone mentioning the tiers, did you straight up ask the admissions office for your tier and they disclosed it?
MyrtleSouthbee
Full Member
Congrats!+1 OOS II
When did you submit your secondary?
MyrtleSouthbee
Full Member
Congrats! when did you submit your secondary?
+1 OOS II
Bigblunder
New Member
+1 OOS A, interviewed 1/21
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do they call or was it an email?+1 OOS A, interviewed 1/21
Bigblunder
New Member
Email!Do they call or was it an email?
Yes, OOS A 2/20, interviewed November, waitlist 12/31Is there anyone who has been on the waitlist, that has now been accepted?
anonymous2025
Full Member
Congrats!!! Did you send any LOIs while you were WL’d??Yes, OOS A 2/20, interviewed November, waitlist 12/31
Congratulations! If you don't mind me asking, what tier were you?Yes, OOS A 2/20, interviewed November, waitlist 12/31
const3llations
Full Member
IS II 2/3
Interviewed 2/20, waiting for decision now
Interviewed 2/20, waiting for decision now
anonymous2025
Full Member
How long did anyone who got accepted off the waitlist have to wait before hearing back??
thatspeanutbutter
Full Member
I know myself and one other person got off 2 days after being waitlisted, but I don’t think that’s the norm.How long did anyone who got accepted off the waitlist have to wait before hearing back??
anonymous2025
Full Member
Dangggg congrats!! Is the norm around April?I know myself and one other person got off 2 days after being waitlisted, but I don’t think that’s the norm.
Not sure if you know
topunderdog
Full Member
+1 OOS II
Last edited:
g00dv1bes
Full Member
Congrats me too but I havent been able to get through to schedule. Were you able to? I know we cant leave voicemails. Im wondering if I could call a different number?+1 OOS II. LFGGGGGGG
topunderdog
Full Member
I was able to schedule, I'm sorry that happened to you. I would probably just wait a bit and try again. If it still doesn't work then email for sure. Congrats as well!Congrats me too but I havent been able to get through to schedule. Were you able to? I know we cant leave voicemails. Im wondering if I could call a different number?
g00dv1bes
Full Member
I was able to get through!Congrats me too but I havent been able to get through to schedule. Were you able to? I know we cant leave voicemails. Im wondering if I could call a different number?
topunderdog
Full Member
What's their post-II acceptance rate? Anyone have insight/ what about WL movement ?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
const3llations
Full Member
Looks like WL moves in march/april historicallyWhat's their post-II acceptance rate? Anyone have insight/ what about WL movement ?
+1 WL OOS, interview 1/28. They do specifically state in the email not to reach out to admissions regarding waitlist status.
Hi! So for everyone mentioning the tiers, did you straight up ask the admissions office for your tier and they disclosed it?
same here (different interview date, though)+1 IS WL, interviewed 1/28
const3llations
Full Member
Hopefully more news today
anonymous2025
Full Member
Ya but u can ask about what tier u are! They told me like what tier as in top, middle, bottom but thats all the info you can request!+1 WL OOS, interview 1/28. They do specifically state in the email not to reach out to admissions regarding waitlist status.
anonymous2025
Full Member
Nice! Anyone know how long WL movement typically takes for ppl like do most applicants hear back in April?I am not certain but it looks like waitlist movement has started based on admit.org updates today.
anonymous2025
Full Member
Also someone said on here u could ask for ur tier on the waitlist, and they emailed me my tier when I asked but reading back my WL email, they said we no longer discuss individual tier statuses so I’m like dang I didn’t ruin my shot right 🙃😭
topunderdog
Full Member
Does anyone know if there are still seats available or if the class if full ? My interview is next week, and I just want to know if its basically for the WL or not ?
If they are still interviewing they are still interested- so go in with the attitude it’s a real chance for admissionDoes anyone know if there are still seats available or if the class if full ? My interview is next week, and I just want to know if its basically for the WL or not ?
Hello everyone (this is an official EVMS account), and we just wanted to clear up inquiring about waitlist status: EVMS Admissions has discontinued sharing with applicants their tier status because it does not accurately reflect the nuance that goes into waitlist movement. So please do not reach out to admissions about that because they will be unable to share. However, you are still highly encouraged to send update letters. Best of luck to everyone!
Thank you for the clarification. I suppose there was a little bit of confusion regarding this matter. Do you know if it will affect applicants who did reach out due to the confusion?Hello everyone (this is an official EVMS account), and we just wanted to clear up inquiring about waitlist status: EVMS Admissions has discontinued sharing with applicants their tier status because it does not accurately reflect the nuance that goes into waitlist movement. So please do not reach out to admissions about that because they will be unable to share. However, you are still highly encouraged to send update letters. Best of luck to everyone!
Don't worry, Admissions has confirmed that reaching out has no bearing on candidacy--calls are not logged like that and they understand this is a new change!Thank you for the clarification. I suppose there was a little bit of confusion regarding this matter. Do you know if it will affect applicants who did reach out due to the confusion?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you so much!Don't worry, Admissions has confirmed that reaching out has no bearing on candidacy--calls are not logged like that and they understand this is a new change!
AcceptedInJesusNameAMEN
Full Member
+1 OOS ii
Oh, good to hear and thanks for the info! I heard somewhere that your tier level doesn’t matter (it’s been mentioned in this thread previously), how true is that?Ya but u can ask about what tier u are! They told me like what tier as in top, middle, bottom but thats all the info you can request!
topunderdog
Full Member
An account on here ran by current medical students at the school said they don’t want people reaching out about tiers no more either. Just letting you know it’s recent in the thread. ( In case you didn’t read that part)Oh, good to hear and thanks for the info! I heard somewhere that your tier level doesn’t matter (it’s been mentioned in this thread previously), how true is that?