-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 East Tennessee State University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Active Hold also. :/ Could be worse I guess.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i read threads from previous cycles, and they all seem to say that most of the class came from the hold/waitlist. is that still true?
Rinky3: you probably got in
Rinky3: you probably got in
yeahDo they notify the acceptance/rejection by email?
Hey HopefulDoc, what were your stats btw? : )Accepted!!! Good luck to everyone and do not give up!
3.8 / 30 / masters 4.0. Not the greatest by any means, I think a lot of it had to do with really convincing them I wanted to go here.Hey HopefulDoc, what were your stats btw? : )
Knoxville is probably your best bet. There is a small airport that serves the Tri-Cities, but it would likely cost more.What's the best airport to fly into? Any information will be appreciated.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
And I also got an interview notice on Friday but just saw it this evening. Yay!
@Berimbolo , my husband is from that area. The Tricities Airport (code TRI) services major airlines like American, Delta, and similar. Have a look and see if it will help you. Website: http://www.triflight.com/
@Berimbolo , my husband is from that area. The Tricities Airport (code TRI) services major airlines like American, Delta, and similar. Have a look and see if it will help you. Website: http://www.triflight.com/
The next board meeting is December 15th.
Thanks.The next board meeting is December 15th.
ETSU statistics page is the same from 11/6/14
http://www.etsu.edu/com/sa/admissions/collegeinfo/statistics.aspx
http://www.etsu.edu/com/sa/admissions/collegeinfo/statistics.aspx
ThanksAnd I also got an interview notice on Friday but just saw it this evening. Yay!
@Berimbolo , my husband is from that area. The Tricities Airport (code TRI) services major airlines like American, Delta, and similar. Have a look and see if it will help you. Website: http://www.triflight.com/
The admissions committee deliberated today. Has anyone heard anything?
Received an acceptance call at 11:30am. Blessings to the rest of you. See you next fall.
Congrats to both of you!
Congrats! Would you mind to share your statsGot the acceptance phone call about 15 minutes ago!! I have literally been dancing around my house since then.
I'm on their holding list....looks like i wasn't competitive enough 🙁
Has anyone known anyone who was on their holding list? How was their experience?I'm on their holding list....looks like i wasn't competitive enough 🙁
Looking at threads from past years, it seems there are usually quite a few people who are accepted from the hold list. Good luck and don't give up!Has anyone known anyone who was on their holding list? How was their experience?
Put on the holding list today. I was on the holding list last year from around March until I was notified that I probably would not receive acceptance since school had started at Quillen. Discouraging but I am going to keep working hard and hoping. From what I've seen and heard, about 40-50 people receive acceptances off of the holding list every year.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is there a facebook page for accepted students yet?
I was just about to pose this question!Is there a facebook page for accepted students yet?
Any body hear anything? I'm pretty sure the committee met or is meeting soon.
Here is the Facebook group for the class of 2019! Feel free to join.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1749353718623143/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1749353718623143/
Anyone know how many have been accepted yet?
Still on active hold 🙁
Still on active hold 🙁
They haven't updated the stats since 11/6, but as of then they had accepted 28 (20 IS and 8 OOS).Anyone know how many have been accepted yet?
Still on active hold 🙁
Yeah I saw. I keep checking almost every day to see what kind of chance I'm standing lol
Hopefully they will update them pretty soon after the holidays once they get back into the swing of things. Good luck with the hold, I've read quite a few of the threads from previous years and it seems several people have been accepted after being placed in the hold/waitlist category.Yeah I saw. I keep checking almost every day to see what kind of chance I'm standing lol
I am also on their holding list 🙁
Does anyone know when they are going to meet again about those people who are placed on hold?
Does anyone know when they are going to meet again about those people who are placed on hold?
Interviewing here Tuesday. Any advice from anyone that has already had an interview this cycle? Any pointed questions like some schools or was it more laid back? Thanks!
Interviewing here Tuesday. Any advice from anyone that has already had an interview this cycle? Any pointed questions like some schools or was it more laid back? Thanks!
It was way laid back for me. Interviewed the end of Oct. On active hold. But my first interviewer and I walked around campus during the interview (It was a pretty day) and it was very conversational. Second interview was more structured, but still very comfortable.
3.8 / 30 / 4.0 masters in micro from top 5.Can those who have been accepted share stats?
As an aside, I feel stats are less important at Quillen compared to "fit." I know several people who were rejected with much better stats than I have, but were more questionable of a "perfect fit"...just my $0.02.
Anyone know when the admissions committee meets again or when hey'll review the hold list?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm contemplating what my chances are here...
I interview Feb 9...this is my top choice (IS) but have already been accepted OOS
I interview Feb 9...this is my top choice (IS) but have already been accepted OOS
I haven't heard anything yet. Does this school do silent rejections? They haven't updated their entering class statistics page since 11/6/14.
I know. The suspense is killing me. I've been on active hold since November...