You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 East Tennessee (Quillen)
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Congratulations! Do you mind sharing stats?IS A earlier today around 2:00!! interviewed 1/11
BoogiewiththeWig
Full Member
Just got the rejection email this morning post II woofHas anyone that has interviewed earlier not receive any acceptance or waitlist today? Does that mean automatic rejection post II?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
eaglehawk5
Full Member
IS, 512/3.9x, no research, lots of clinical/volunteering/leadership, student athleteCongratulations! Do you mind sharing stats?
Complete 8/25, II 9/18, interviewed 1/11, accepted 2/1
medmedmed23
New Member
LM 70.20 for referenceCongratulations! Do you mind sharing stats?
polkadotmilkshake
New Member
Does anyone know if ADCOM meets this week?
Retin0pathy
Full Member
No one knows for sure, but I don't see why they wouldn't. They would be meeting todayDoes anyone know if ADCOM meets this week?
Retin0pathy
Full Member
It's their version of a wait-list. Could be next week, could be next month, etc. No one can predict how long it'll be. More movement will happen on the list towards the end of the cycle when people commit to other medical schoolsAnyone know how long it takes to hear back after active hold???
Haruhiism
Full Member
Alright thanksIt's their version of a wait-list. Could be next week, could be next month, etc. No one can predict how long it'll be. More movement will happen on the list towards the end of the cycle when people commit to other medical schools
I guess the consideration is that they pushed back the January meeting to Feb 1, so I wonder if they pushed their whole schedule back to the first thursday of each month. No clue though.No one knows for sure, but I don't see why they wouldn't. They would be meeting today
Sound logic. Was told on recent interview that their next meeting was Feb 29th.I guess the consideration is that they pushed back the January meeting to Feb 1, so I wonder if they pushed their whole schedule back to the first thursday of each month. No clue though.
Retin0pathy
Full Member
Oh wow, so they seem to be operating two weeks later than usual, huh. Thanks for giving us the update!Sound logic. Was told on recent interview that their next meeting was Feb 29th.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Retin0pathy
Full Member
Two interviews with a different adcom member each time. They'll let you know who they are about a day before. First interview is really quick, 15 minutes long and they ask set questions to each student. Make sure you practice the length of your answers since this interview is so short -- you don't want to babble on and not have time for them to ask all their questions.Any tips for interview/ how it is structured? I have mine coming up and really hoping for an A
Second interview is up to the interviewer how it goes. Mine, and pretty much all of the reports from students I've seen have said that the second interview was very conversational. Make sure to have questions to ask the second interviewer. The second interview lasts 30 minutes.
Yeah, they said to send your letters to the admissions office and they will forward the letters to your interviewers (I believe the email is [email protected])Are thank you notes for interviews post interview allowed?
eaglehawk5
Full Member
I have a question about curriculum/lifestyle at Quillen if there are any current students in this thread (or anyone with an opinion). Do you think the flipped classroom/mandatory classes would take too much of your time and allow less room for extracurriculars/leadership/research?
Disclaimer: I am not a student here.I have a question about curriculum/lifestyle at Quillen if there are any current students in this thread (or anyone with an opinion). Do you think the flipped classroom/mandatory classes would take too much of your time and allow less room for extracurriculars/leadership/research?
From what I've read/been told, the nature of their attendance policy does, in fact, eat into the time you might use for community service/ volunteering opportunities. Some people like the attendance policy as it keeps you semi-accountable and others see it as a burden. I think the collaborative approach ETSU takes to teaching/learning medicine is overall beneficial, but may come at a cost for those that are more introverted, want to prioritize learning material in their pajamas or volunteer at times that overlap with class.
I'm not super sure how easy it is to come by research opportunities outside of ETSU's summer programs, so can't speak to whether class time cuts into securing these opportunities, but it seems the current policy would affect one's ability to maintain them (you can't be two places at once). Medical school is a busy time, and opportunities to contribute in any of these areas will exist in some capacity on weekends (presumably when you won't be in a classroom) and is worth considering.
notbrycewilliams
New Member
If you look at the class schedule you can see that there is plenty of "self directed study time" that you could use for whatever is is you're interested in pursuing outside of the classroom.I have a question about curriculum/lifestyle at Quillen if there are any current students in this thread (or anyone with an opinion). Do you think the flipped classroom/mandatory classes would take too much of your time and allow less room for extracurriculars/leadership/research?
Stepback_J
New Member
Do results come out today or tomorrow?
williewalnuts
Full Member
Application in holding status. Interviewed 2/7. Any idea what this means?
It's essentially waitlistApplication in holding status. Interviewed 2/7. Any idea what this means?
Retin0pathy
Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Retin0pathy
Full Member
Recent email said that interviews are completed for this cycle.
Retin0pathy
Full Member
What'd it say? From my understanding until April 30th, most schools won't see much wait-list movement.RIP to those like me who were put on hold. Looks like the cycle ends here for us based on that email we just got lol.