-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 Florida International University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My status changed to "Preliminary Review Completed" yesterday, but my letters aren't in yet...
do they update you via email when there is a status change?
I don't think so. It looks like my status went to "preliminary review completed" yesterday but I never got an email about it.
how many days after submitting the secondary did you get that status?I don't think so. It looks like my status went to "preliminary review completed" yesterday but I never got an email about it.
Hey guys, current student here. Feel free to PM me with questions about curriculum, research, match, whatever else. I check the residency threads every so often so I should see it within a reasonable amount of time. We have a wonderful staff and great students. Hopefully I'll meet some of you during your interview session with us. Best of luck!
Hey guys, current student here. Feel free to PM me with questions about curriculum, research, match, whatever else. I check the residency threads every so often so I should see it within a reasonable amount of time. We have a wonderful staff and great students. Hopefully I'll meet some of you during your interview session with us. Best of luck!
FIU is actually one of my top choices. My questions:
1. What year are you in?
2. What is the general attitude of the students?
3. Why did you pick FIU?
4. Do they give out sufficient scholarships?
Thanks
I just looked and my status reads "Prelim Review Complete", I was complete at FIU on July 28th....
Hopefully I'm closer to an II 🙂
Hopefully I'm closer to an II 🙂
I submitted around July 2nd and also have no status change. Does yours still say something like secondary application complete?I submitted w/ all my letters in on 7/13...still no status change to prelim review..
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I submitted around July 2nd and also have no status change. Does yours still say something like secondary application complete?
that is exactly what it says lol
I submitted around July 2nd and also have no status change. Does yours still say something like secondary application complete?
Same here. And there is no way of knowing if the letters have been received by the school as well 🙁
I submitted w/ all my letters in on 7/13...still no status change to prelim review..
i was complete on 6/30......still no status change
Same here. Mine says "secondary application submitted" even though I submitted it on july 10...i was complete on 6/30......still no status change
mine says secondary application completedSame here. Mine says "secondary application submitted" even though I submitted it on july 10...
I just called them and they said that they haven't even started reviewing applications. They will start next week so everyone should only have a "secondary application complete" status and no more.
I just called them and they said that they haven't even started reviewing applications. They will start next week so everyone should only have a "secondary application complete" status and no more.
Interesting. Mine most definitely says "Preliminary Review Completed" and was changed to this on 7/29/14.
Well aren't you special 😛Interesting. Mine most definitely says "Preliminary Review Completed" and was changed to this on 7/29/14.
Interesting. Mine most definitely says "Preliminary Review Completed" and was changed to this on 7/29/14.
+1
Preliminary Review Completed 8/4
Submitted 6/30
Submitted 6/30
Complete 7/4
Prelim Review Completed 8/11
Now, we wait some more.
Prelim Review Completed 8/11
Now, we wait some more.

Ah first II last year went out around 8/14! Hopefully we'll all hear back soon haha
Preliminary Review Completed 8/4
Submitted 6/30
Complete 7/4
Prelim Review Completed 8/11
Now, we wait some more.![]()
Did your status ever change to review in progress in between?
Did your status ever change to review in progress in between?
I don't think so, but it's possible.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys, I had a quick question about the secondary. I’ve been further even more decided to use even go need to do look more as anyone can. Can you really be far even as decided half as much to use go wish for that? My guess is that when one really been far even as decided once to use even go want, it is then that he has really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.
Last edited:
Some possibly interesting information contained in a recent email to current students:
"With the school year underway, it is time to start preparing for our next admissions cycle. We will begin interviewing for the HWCOM Class of 2019 on September 8th. We plan to hold 30 interview sessions and will interview a total of approximately 600 candidates. I have attached a schedule for your information."
Monday 9/8/2014
Friday 9/19/2014
Monday 9/22/2014
Friday 9/26/2014
Monday 9/29/2014
Friday 10/3/2014
Monday 10/6/2014
Friday 10/17/2014
Monday 10/20/2014
Monday 11/3/2014
Monday 11/17/2014
Friday 11/21/2014
Monday 11/24/2014
Monday 12/1/2014
Friday 12/5/2014
Monday 12/15/2014
Monday 1/5/2015
Friday 1/9/2015
Monday 1/12/2015
Friday 1/16/2015
Monday 1/26/2015
Monday 2/9/2015
Friday 2/13/2015
Monday 2/16/2015
Monday 2/23/2015
Monday 3/2/2015
Monday 3/9/2015
Monday 3/23/2015
Friday 3/27/2015
Monday 3/30/2015
"With the school year underway, it is time to start preparing for our next admissions cycle. We will begin interviewing for the HWCOM Class of 2019 on September 8th. We plan to hold 30 interview sessions and will interview a total of approximately 600 candidates. I have attached a schedule for your information."
Monday 9/8/2014
Friday 9/19/2014
Monday 9/22/2014
Friday 9/26/2014
Monday 9/29/2014
Friday 10/3/2014
Monday 10/6/2014
Friday 10/17/2014
Monday 10/20/2014
Monday 11/3/2014
Monday 11/17/2014
Friday 11/21/2014
Monday 11/24/2014
Monday 12/1/2014
Friday 12/5/2014
Monday 12/15/2014
Monday 1/5/2015
Friday 1/9/2015
Monday 1/12/2015
Friday 1/16/2015
Monday 1/26/2015
Monday 2/9/2015
Friday 2/13/2015
Monday 2/16/2015
Monday 2/23/2015
Monday 3/2/2015
Monday 3/9/2015
Monday 3/23/2015
Friday 3/27/2015
Monday 3/30/2015
Anyone had any status changes lately?
Nope... I've been at "Prelim Review Complete" since the 3rd
Do they send you an email when your status changes from secondary app complete to preliminary review complete?
They change it on the secondary status portal, no email
Hey guys, sorry if this is a dumb question. What are the dimensions for the photo? I tried to find them online but haven't been able to. Is it 2x2 or 4x6? Again lol sorry if it's a dumb question.
I did 2x2
Hey guys, sorry if this is a dumb question. What are the dimensions for the photo? I tried to find them online but haven't been able to. Is it 2x2 or 4x6? Again lol sorry if it's a dumb question.
I have no idea what the dimensions are, but I thought I'd mention something else slightly related: they use these photos for your Miami Children's Hospital ID badge.
Some of my classmates walk around MCH with ridiculous photos on their badges of silly cropped graduation photos wearing that dorky graduation cap. It's hilarious (unless you happen to have uploaded one of those pictures).
I will have my Secondary Application submitted by tomorrow - does this hurt my chances of getting in - my GPA SCI 3.85 - GPA 3.9 - MCAT 31.... Am I still good for FIU..... Also how many schools should I apply to and by when should I submit the last one considering the deadline for secondaries is Dec. 1 for most schools.
I will have my Secondary Application submitted by tomorrow - does this hurt my chances of getting in - my GPA SCI 3.85 - GPA 3.9 - MCAT 31.... Am I still good for FIU..... Also how many schools should I apply to and by when should I submit the last one considering the deadline for secondaries is Dec. 1 for most schools.
Everyone here on sdn is going to tell you the sooner you apply the better your chances, which I believe to be true. Personally, with your stats I think you should have a great shot at gaining an acceptance to an md school if you apply soon and your ecs are good!
thank you for the info bro! Ill get to those secondaries right away!! lolEveryone here on sdn is going to tell you the sooner you apply the better your chances, which I believe to be true. Personally, with your stats I think you should have a great shot at gaining an acceptance to an md school if you apply soon and your ecs are good!
about how long has it been taking people to go from "secondary app complete" to "preliminary review complete"?
I submitted the secondary 7/28 and was at "prelim review complete" on 8/3
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've been on "secondary app complete" since 7/26, do I need to call or should I be patient? I submitted FAU on like 7/29 and my status changed to "review in progress" on like 8/14 or something like that
I've been on "secondary app complete" since 7/13, if it makes you feel any better. Stuck on "Review in progress" with FAU since 7/16 as well.I've been on "secondary app complete" since 7/26, do I need to call or should I be patient? I submitted FAU on like 7/29 and my status changed to "review in progress" on like 8/14 or something like that
oh ok wow that's tough. I just wanted to make sure that was normal and I wasn't the only one. They haven't given out II yet and if they have it's very few so don't be worried!I've been on "secondary app complete" since 7/13, if it makes you feel any better. Stuck on "Review in progress" with FAU since 7/16 as well.
I've been on complete for over a month. Should I email them?
lol dude I literally have the same statuses and the same timeline as youI've been on "secondary app complete" since 7/13, if it makes you feel any better. Stuck on "Review in progress" with FAU since 7/16 as well.