2014-2015 Florida International University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've been on secondary application complete since 7/8..
if you are a permanent resident, did they require you to email them your green card? I have not gotten a complete email from this school so kind of confused
 
II This morning by email! So excited! Earliest interview so far: sept 8th! Getting excited and a little nervous!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interviews/Interview day is pretty chill. When they say that the interviews will be conversational, they mean it 🙂
A third year student was telling me that part of the interview is with a current student?? How was the interview structure in general?
 
A third year student was telling me that part of the interview is with a current student?? How was the interview structure in general?

You may get a student but it's not guarenteed. It's 2 30 min interviews. They might have a sheet of paper in front of them with questions they'll ask you, but they make it very conversational.
 
I still have the " preliminary review complete" status does this mean they have reviewed my secondary?
 
Just did the interview this week. Really loved the admission staff, school, and liked the program better than I thought I would! I know people say this all the time, but they really seem to care about their students. Also it was my first time in Miami and I kind of fell in love 🙂
 
Just did the interview this week. Really loved the admission staff, school, and liked the program better than I thought I would! I know people say this all the time, but they really seem to care about their students. Also it was my first time in Miami and I kind of fell in love 🙂

I did my undergrad at FIU and while a lot of people hate on this school, it's grown so much since I've been in Miami. I'm also really proud of what the medical school has been able to achieve in the short time it has been open. Congrats on interviewing so early! Hopefully I get some love from here too!
 
I'm staring at FIU in the fall, the drug test was not a big deal, they give you as much time as you want (until July 1) and you can schedule it for whenever. Do they test for alcohol? Yes, but I can tell you that all I did was not drink for 24 hours and I was fine. The prescriptions are okay too, you just need documentation from your doctor- don't worry!

On a separate note, I'd be more than happy to answer any questions you guys have about the school and my first impressions when I get there. Cheers!
Does this school prescreen before offering a secondary?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Complete since 7/4, no status change since then. I hope they're not reviewing applications based on any sort of score
 
Thanks! And no, I will be interviewing on Oct. 3rd 😀
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those who have interviewed, when is interview day over?

I am trying to purchase airplane tickets and want to have enough time to make my flight. I also do not want to be sitting in the airport for hours.
 
For those who have interviewed, when is interview day over?

I am trying to purchase airplane tickets and want to have enough time to make my flight. I also do not want to be sitting in the airport for hours.

The day should end at around 4:30 - 5:00 pm.
 
I'm still stuck on "secondary completed", have been since 09-18-2014. This is giving me anxiety! People who got IIs, did the status ever change to "Under Review" or did you just go immediately from "Complete" to II?