You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 Florida State University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
In-State, complete middle of July - still nothing.
+1In-State, complete middle of July - still nothing.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1 except OOSIn-State, complete middle of July - still nothing.
OOS. Completed 10/15. Have not heard anything AT ALL!
Anyone else in the same position?
Hopefully you don't have to wait as long as I have... Complete 8/4 and haven't heard a peep.
I was accepted ED a while ago. For those who are accepted and who will get accepted soon, I'm going to need a roommate or two! Let me know if you're interested (I'm male). For everyone else, good luck! I'm rooting for you!
Does anyone know if FSU accepts UC Berkley Extension's online Biochemistry course? I have called and emailed the admissions office but haven't gotten a response yet. Thanks
I was told that they do. I emailed a while back and they responded.Does anyone know if FSU accepts UC Berkley Extension's online Biochemistry course? I have called and emailed the admissions office but haven't gotten a response yet. Thanks
Thanks!I was told that they do. I emailed a while back and they responded.
Open file, both interviewers knew my app very well. The interviews were so relaxed and very conversational. It made me really like FSU. Interviews are between 40 mins-1 hr each, which is nice because it gives you time to demonstrate who you are as a person and not just what is on your cv.
It depends on who interviews you. Both of my interviews were open. The interviewers were looking at my application materials and periodically pulling questions from info from my file. The interviews were very laid-back. I was led to the first interviewers office where the interview felt more like a casual conversation. She then led to to my second interview, which was a bit more formal but still very laid-back.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone here gotten an invitation in reference to the BRIDGE Program at FSU?
Interview Invite today!! Complete in late July...So excited for this one!! Cannot wait to visit the school.
Can anyone tell me if it is an open or blind interview? Thank you.
Congrats! Are you IS and/or have ties to FSU or the Tallahassee area?
Congrats! Are you IS and/or have ties to FSU or the Tallahassee area?
I am IS!
Hey congrats for the II!! do you mind sharing your stats? Im still waiting for an II from this school 🙁
There is still plenty of time 🙂 just wait and stay positive.
MCAT under 30, GPA 3.6+
Good luck!!🙂
Just got invited for an interview yesterday and I'm beyond ecstatic! I have booked flights to fly into Tallahassee on Thursday for the interview on Friday. Does anyone have recommendations for a hotel? Since I'm 20, I can't rent a car so is there a good taxi system to get to and from the airport/hotel/med campus?
II for FSU today! Asked for the 12/15 at 9:15 AM spot! 😀 so psyched!!
Omg congrats! Rooting for you!II for FSU today! Asked for the 12/15 at 9:15 AM spot! 😀 so psyched!!
Would you mind sharing when you were complete? Congratulations!II for FSU today! Asked for the 12/15 at 9:15 AM spot! 😀 so psyched!!
I ended up getting the 11:15 spot on 12/15. Thanks hammatime99! I was complete 8/21
congrats on the ii!!! still waiting here....really hoping for some good news soon.
So is the last semester we can take biochemistry spring 2015? Doesn't FSU start in July?
Last edited:
I thought FSU was an early-start school starting in May.So is the last semester we can take biochemistry spring 2015? Doesn't FSU start in July?
I thought FSU was an early-start school starting in May.
You're right. End of May. Welp looks like ill be taking biochemistry this upcoming semester 😛. Hopefully it's worth it and I'll hear from FSU.
Same here. I'm taking it in the Spring too and hoping they show some love.You're right. End of May. Welp looks like ill be taking biochemistry this upcoming semester 😛. Hopefully it's worth it and I'll hear from FSU.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interview tomorrow, any last minute advice?
Be yourself. Take a deep breath and show them why they should pick you. You go this far so you're def. in the run for a spot. Good luck!Interview tomorrow, any last minute advice?
Thanks, I had an awesome time, my interviewers were so warm and interested in me! I felt so welcome, I really hope I get in.
Fingers (and toes) crossed for you!!! Congrats on a successful interview.Thanks, I had an awesome time, my interviewers were so warm and interested in me! I felt so welcome, I really hope I get in.
II Today! So excited to see the school!
Congrats!!! When is your interview? If you don't mind, would you please share your stats and tell us when you were complete?II Today! So excited to see the school!
I haven't scheduled it yet (I'm trying to plan to stay with family in the area, but I need their schedules for vacation) but the first opening was 1/9. I was submitted Sept 18, with one update submitted Oct 17. I'm in-state, cGPA and sGPA ~3.8 with a 30MCAT. Did I miss anything?Congrats!!! When is your interview? If you don't mind, would you please share your stats and tell us when you were complete?
I'm rooting for you and patiently awaiting my fate!! LolI haven't scheduled it yet (I'm trying to plan to stay with family in the area, but I need their schedules for vacation) but the first opening was 1/9. I was submitted Sept 18, with one update submitted Oct 17. I'm in-state, cGPA and sGPA ~3.8 with a 30MCAT. Did I miss anything?
Thank you thank you thank you! 🙂 Good luck!I'm rooting for you and patiently awaiting my fate!! Lol
Still waiting for an II. I was complete on 8/19. I've seen several people on this thread who were complete around the same time as me, or even later (in some cases, MUCH later), and have already gotten an II. I'm just wondering when I'm going to hear from FSU since they are my top choice. Should I send an email to the admissions office, requesting a status update? Is the school still interviewing applicants who went to FSU for undergrad? I'm just trying to gauge a time frame for when I should be expecting to hear from them. I'm thinking maybe after New Years?
I know they're going through a lot of apps and I heard FSU does take a while with their admissions process, but I'm still anxious and I frantically check my email every hour haha. Four months is a looooooong time to not hear anything, AT ALL.
I applied as in-state because my parents moved from Maryland to Florida (specifically Cantonment, which is about three hours away from Tallahassee) over a year ago and I'm still dependent. I went to UMBC for undergrad where my cGPA was 3.61 and sGPA was 3.53. I also did a one year postbacc at Hopkins where my cGPA was 3.83 and sGPA was 3.76. I got a 29 on my MCAT (PS: 9; VR; 10; BS; 10).
Any info would be much appreciated!
I know they're going through a lot of apps and I heard FSU does take a while with their admissions process, but I'm still anxious and I frantically check my email every hour haha. Four months is a looooooong time to not hear anything, AT ALL.
I applied as in-state because my parents moved from Maryland to Florida (specifically Cantonment, which is about three hours away from Tallahassee) over a year ago and I'm still dependent. I went to UMBC for undergrad where my cGPA was 3.61 and sGPA was 3.53. I also did a one year postbacc at Hopkins where my cGPA was 3.83 and sGPA was 3.76. I got a 29 on my MCAT (PS: 9; VR; 10; BS; 10).
Any info would be much appreciated!
Im in the same boat as you but without the post bacc... I was complete around mid september. I've seen people with lower stats get II and even acceptances and Im still waiting 🙁 🙁 Although they were complete before I was. Come on FSU show us some love! you're my top choice!!
WOOHOO ACCEPTED!!! I am so honored to be able to call myself an FSUCOM Class of 2019 student!!! For anyone who is wondering, complete 8/21 II 12/15 Accepted today! I'm so happy!!
Yay..Congrats! Mind sharing stats?ACCEPTED!! Complete 8/26, Interviewed 12/12
Has anyone been able to get the Facebook group to work?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yay..Congrats! Mind sharing stats?
Thank you!
Non-traditional, re-applicant, in-state, graduate cGPA 3.75, graduate sGPA 3.68, MCAT below 30
WOOHOO ACCEPTED!!! I am so honored to be able to call myself an FSUCOM Class of 2019 student!!! For anyone who is wondering, complete 8/21 II 12/15 Accepted today! I'm so happy!!
Congrats 🙂! I was there on 12/15 too. PM me!!
Same question about the FB page. I will attending next year and I love to get to know a few ppl beforehand, but I'm not sure how the fb page works.
Yay congrats!! I've seen you around, glad to see you got accepted!! 🙂WOOHOO ACCEPTED!!! I am so honored to be able to call myself an FSUCOM Class of 2019 student!!! For anyone who is wondering, complete 8/21 II 12/15 Accepted today! I'm so happy!!