-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 Hofstra University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I was pretty confused as well but I think all we have to do is pay the deposit for now. Let me know if you hear otherwise!For anyone that was accepted- are we supposed to do anything besides submit the deposit? Is there anything we need to do for a criminal background check or whatever?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was pretty confused as well but I think all we have to do is pay the deposit for now. Let me know if you hear otherwise!
I just emailed admissions, and they said that after you submit the deposit you're all set. They'll reach out with any of the next steps.
accepted just now, interviewed middle of november. thought i was waitlisted after not hearing for a while after.
congratulations! that gives me some hope
Congrats as well! Hopefully they send out a lot of them soon!accepted just now, interviewed middle of november. thought i was waitlisted after not hearing for a while after.
D
deleted643377
I interviewed 10/31 and really wanted to blame the holiday season for not hearing back yet...think it's time to accept I've been wait-listed
+1Interviewing here today. Super nervous! Any last minute tips?
Hey y'all,
I was just wondering if anyone who has been notified of acceptance received an email recently about a Certiphi background check.
Thanks in advance!
I was just wondering if anyone who has been notified of acceptance received an email recently about a Certiphi background check.
Thanks in advance!
Interviewed October 3 and haven't heard anything........ waitlist?
Probably, I interview early Nov and am thinking the same :/
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey y'all,
I was just wondering if anyone who has been notified of acceptance received an email recently about a Certiphi background check.
Thanks in advance!
I did.
Did you get a certiphi email?Hey y'all,
I was just wondering if anyone who has been notified of acceptance received an email recently about a Certiphi background check.
Thanks in advance!
has it been from "[email protected]" ? I am filling it out but wanted to make sure its legit...
Yes, I think that's legit.
Probably, I interview early Nov and am thinking the same :/
Could any current students shed some light on this?
Did you get a certiphi email?
I did, yep.
has it been from "[email protected]" ? I am filling it out but wanted to make sure its legit...
It was. Seemed pretty legit to me.
I did, yep.
It was. Seemed pretty legit to me.
Same here
Hopefully some acceptances go out today, this wait is slowly driving me insane 😵
Hopefully some acceptances go out today, this wait is slowly driving me insane 😵
What makes you think today? Do they usually release acceptances on thursdays?
Oh I have no idea, the impatience is just starting to boil over!What makes you think today? Do they usually release acceptances on thursdays?
Anyone interviewing tomorrow?
I have an interview here next Friday, on Jan 30. This is obviously short notice, but if anybody could put me up the night before, let me know! Feel free to PM me.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone interviewing next week on Wednesday, 1/28? Got nothing to do on Tuesday and would be willing to hang out.
Just fyi, there is a huge snowstorm projected to hit long island tomorrow evening into Tuesday with ~14-18 inches of snow, so you may not be able to do much.
Just read the weather report and saw that, too. Damn...Just fyi, there is a huge snowstorm projected to hit long island tomorrow evening into Tuesday with ~14-18 inches of snow, so you may not be able to do much.
For anyone who has interviewed already, can you shed some light on what the interview day looks like and when the day ends?
The interview day starts at 8am with breakfast and some introductions. Interviews start around 9am (each interviewee has two 30-min interviews with faculty and/or med students). After interviews there are presentations about the curriculum, student life, financial aid, etc. Then there is a lunch with current students and a tour of the school. The day ends with a brief wrap-up session and everything is over by ~1:30 pm.
Anyone who interviewed 12/10 hear anything?
Anyone who interviewed 12/10 hear anything?
Not I, but from what admissions said it's not done by interview day, rather by when your interviewers were both available.
Yea, that's what they told me on my interview day as well. I interviewed 12/17 and haven't heard back yet.Not I, but from what admissions said it's not done by interview day, rather by when your interviewers were both available.
All that darn snow must be stopping us all from getting acceptances >.<
What is the average turn around got hearing back? About 6 weeks?
I don't know if there is a real average turn around time. They stated that the committee reviews you post-interview whenever the interviewers are available so it can be very variable. It's been 7 weeks since my interview and I have not heard back yet.What is the average turn around got hearing back? About 6 weeks?
I don't know if there is a real average turn around time. They stated that the committee reviews you post-interview whenever the interviewers are available so it can be very variable. It's been 7 weeks since my interview and I have not heard back yet.
They stated that everyone will know their status by mid march I believe
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What is the average turn around got hearing back? About 6 weeks?
Definitely no set time frame. I heard back 2 weeks after my interview but I got the impression that my interviewers were quite involved with the med school so they probably were able to make it to the next committee meeting following my interview date. Some other people I know heard back with an acceptance almost 2 months later so it really is variable. Just try to be patient and positive!
Like a lot of rejections? Makes sense to me.Based on last years thread, the mid march release date was a massacre =/
Interviewed 10/28 and has not heard anything, but it's okay I don't think I want to come here but I think it is a bit ridiculous that vague timeline was given and that I still have not been given any type of notification yet
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K