2023-2024 Hofstra

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Was kind of expecting to see movement today after looking at last year’s thread but maybe not :/ did they extend their PTE deadline?
 
Can any of the admitted students let us know if anyone joined the FB/groupme today? May 3rd has always been the first day of waitlist movement so I would be shocked if it didnt' start today.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can any of the admitted students let us know if anyone joined the FB/groupme today? May 3rd has always been the first day of waitlist movement so I would be shocked if it didnt' start today.
Soonest someone has joined was Tuesday April 30th. Unclear If they were admitted that day though of course.
 
I emailed asking about waitlist movement and they said they couldn't share anything 🙁 so weird there wasn't any movement this week... hopefully it starts next week!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I emailed asking about waitlist movement and they said they couldn't share anything 🙁 so weird there wasn't any movement this week... hopefully it starts next week
Exceedingly weird! Hopefully it's more of, "we have so many spots because of low yield, we need to make sure we take people who are really going to come here" rather than "we have 95 seats filled. No real point in taking anybody off the waitlist right now".
 
Exceedingly weird! Hopefully it's more of, "we have so many spots because of low yield, we need to make sure we take people who are really going to come here" rather than "we have 95 seats filled. No real point in taking anybody off the waitlist right now".
I wouldn't read too much into the number of people in the FB group. If you look at past FB groups for zsom (you can search them) they all have 100+. Last year's was 110. Other schools' FB groups are way more than their actual class size. It seems like most schools are delayed this year. We just need to wait it out!
 
I wouldn't read too much into the number of people in the FB group. If you look at past FB groups for zsom (you can search them) they all have 100+. Last year's was 110. Other schools' FB groups are way more than their actual class size. It seems like most schools are delayed this year. We just need to wait it out!
Hopefully you're right!!!!!! Fingers crossed the GroupMe has the accurate number of students currently enrolled in the class and almost all of us on the 1st tier waitlist get an offer
 
Hopefully you're right!!!!!! Fingers crossed the GroupMe has the accurate number of students currently enrolled in the class and almost all of us on the 1st tier waitlist get an offer
Honestly don't think the GroupMe is accurate because it's unofficial and people only on SDN have access to it (admitted people correct me if I'm wrong). But still fingers crossed!
 
I wouldn't read too much into the number of people in the FB group. If you look at past FB groups for zsom (you can search them) they all have 100+. Last year's was 110. Other schools' FB groups are way more than their actual class size. It seems like most schools are delayed this year. We just need to wait it out!
Which schools have you seen that are delayed, and have they started taking people off the waitlist at this point?
 
I found the accepted students Facebook group (yes I know neurotic...) and 9 people were added in the last week with a total of 101 members (3 admins). So I think it's fair to say waitlist movement has started. It seems like Hofstra has variable waitlist movement based on past threads so not sure what to expect in terms of further movement. And Einstein and Stony Brook started this past week.
 
I found the accepted students Facebook group (yes I know neurotic...) and 9 people were added in the last week with a total of 101 members (3 admins). So I think it's fair to say waitlist movement has started. It seems like Hofstra has variable waitlist movement based on past threads so not sure what to expect in terms of further movement. And Einstein and Stony Brook started this past week.
You're able to see how many people were added without being a member?
 
I found the accepted students Facebook group (yes I know neurotic...) and 9 people were added in the last week with a total of 101 members (3 admins). So I think it's fair to say waitlist movement has started. It seems like Hofstra has variable waitlist movement based on past threads so not sure what to expect in terms of further movement. And Einstein and Stony Brook started this past week.
Where did you see Stony brook movement? Someone noted on their page after reaching out to admissions that it hasn't as of yet.
 
Soonest someone has joined was Tuesday April 30th. Unclear If they were admitted that day though of course.
Has there been any members added in May, and if yes, do you happen to know if they're just late arrivals to the Facebook group but were admitted initially rather than having been accepted off the waitlist?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Where did you see Stony brook movement? Someone noted on their page after reaching out to admissions that it hasn't as of yet.
Someone had mentioned some pre-matriculation letters going out. But someone who just spoke to Stony admissions said they haven't started movement. So never mind, sorry!
 
Yep! And asked me to share my current status with other schools if I felt comofortable
Sounds like a good sign as long as they believe you would go to Hofstra over your other options. Typical yield protect WL call. They want you but only if they know you will come. Congrats!!!!
 
Last edited:
So class size over 100 at this point?
:0 considering they’re still sending out the WL survey update reminder cuz I just got one, I would assume they’re still anticipating a LITTLE bit of movement still before the class is finalized

And while it is an automated email, I do think that they would stop sending it if they finalized their class
 
:0 considering they’re still sending out the WL survey update reminder cuz I just got one, I would assume they’re still anticipating a LITTLE bit of movement still before the class is finalized

And while it is an automated email, I do think that they would stop sending it if they finalized their class
Fair enough but it seems we're in the, "save for a rainy day" part of the cycle 🙁
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
just got a call asking if I’d be interested in a spot if it were to open up. I said that im planning on attending another institution so hopefully this goes to one of you!!! didn’t realize they’d have movement this late
 
just got a call asking if I’d be interested in a spot if it were to open up. I said that im planning on attending another institution so hopefully this goes to one of you!!! didn’t realize they’d have movement this late
Congrats on your other A of course!! Would you mind sharing if you were 1st or 2nd tier WL?