You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 Mayo Medical School Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
i got one too! anybody know like how "impressive" this is? is it like 90+% of all secondaries get LOR requests, or is it actually difficult to get
i got one too! anybody know like how "impressive" this is? is it like 90+% of all secondaries get LOR requests, or is it actually difficult to get
I would be interested in that as well! haha
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
LOR request as well. If we already designated LORs to them through AMCAS, we don't have to do anything, right?
Also got a lor request, and from what I understand don't only about 20% of all applications recieve one?
+1 over here!
From their email: "Please note that if you have sent your letters to AMCAS prior to receiving this notification, you do not need to resend them. This email is letting you know that we will now begin retrieving your letters." @Person0715 , I think we're good to go..
From their email: "Please note that if you have sent your letters to AMCAS prior to receiving this notification, you do not need to resend them. This email is letting you know that we will now begin retrieving your letters." @Person0715 , I think we're good to go..
Also got a lor request, and from what I understand don't only about 20% of all applications recieve one?
Same here!
From previous posts...that seems to be the case.
Maybe they are extra generous because we applied so early in the cycle and they don't have enough applications to read? lolol =D wishful thinking <3 but congrats y'all, one step closer to an interview =D
LOR request as well!! Super excited
Congrats to everyone with LOR requests! When did you all get your fee confirmation email?
LOR request with lower stats! 🙂 32/3.75c
Ditto, would like to know this as well since they just got my application fee last night at 9:01P, I'm hoping that this means they haven't fully checked everything out yet.Congrats to everyone with LOR requests! When did you all get your fee confirmation email?
LOR request over here too!
my fee confirmation email came in 7/1, and i received LOR request today.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks for being the only one to answer my question! That makes sense, so it looks like the ship hasn't sailed just yet for me. Maybe next week?my fee confirmation email came in 7/1, and i received LOR request today.
I got my fee confirmation 6/29 and LOR request today, so hang in there!
Anyone know what the recent numbers are in regard to Applicants, LOR requests, Interviewers, Acceptances? I saw on another thread someone said there are as many as 1,700 LOR request sent out, so I'm not sure what is most accurate.
Anyone know what the recent numbers are in regard to Applicants, LOR requests, Interviewers, Acceptances? I saw on another thread someone said there are as many as 1,700 LOR request sent out, so I'm not sure what is most accurate.
I got my fee confirmation 6/29 and LOR request today, so hang in there!
Anyone know what the recent numbers are in regard to Applicants, LOR requests, Interviewers, Acceptances? I saw on another thread someone said there are as many as 1,700 LOR request sent out, so I'm not sure what is most accurate.
I posted that earlier in the thread... Like 10-15 posts up. Quoted verbatim from a guy who is an MS2 at MMS and has been posting on this thread...
LOR Request here too! II's began 8/1 last cycle just FYI.
Love me Mayo~
I posted that earlier in the thread... Like 10-15 posts up. Quoted verbatim from a guy who is an MS2 at MMS and has been posting on this thread...
"Those numbers are dated. Somebody mentioned on this thread earlier that an admissions representative on a Mayo tour stated ~1700 LOR requests."
I just saw this on the 2012-2013 thread, so that's why I was a bit thrown off, sorry!
LOR request here too 🙂
YAY LOR request!!
Well, LOR request means you're still in the running. That's all that matters at this point."Those numbers are dated. Somebody mentioned on this thread earlier that an admissions representative on a Mayo tour stated ~1700 LOR requests."
I just saw this on the 2012-2013 thread, so that's why I was a bit thrown off, sorry!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
LOR request here, too. lol thought I was special til I saw this whole thread got one as well! congrats everyone!
LOR request received this morning🙂
LOR request here, too. lol thought I was special til I saw this whole thread got one as well! congrats everyone!
Lol yea
Got a LOR request too
It would seem the better question at this point is: Who has paid the fee and hasn't got a LOR request yet?
It would seem the better question at this point is: Who has paid the fee and hasn't got a LOR request yet?
I got one, but I hope I'm never in a class with this person...way to stay classy.
My statement was merely inquisitive, not derogatory or "classless". The purpose of this (and other threads) is to gain up to date information about a school and their application process. While it is useful to hear that a large number of people have gotten LOR requests , it's equally as useful to know if people have paid the fee and not gotten LOR requests yet.I got one, but I hope I'm never in a class with this person...way to stay classy.
My statement was merely inquisitive, not derogatory or "classless". The purpose of this (and other threads) is to gain up to date information about a school and their application process. While it is useful to hear that a large number of people have gotten LOR requests , it's equally as useful to know if people have paid the fee and not gotten LOR requests yet.
Oh really. K, I'm sitting in the library with 3 friends, and none have received the LOR request. N=4...They loved your comment btw.
I'm sorry if you (or anyone else) interpreted the statement as inflammatory; I didn't intend it to be.Oh really. K, I'm sitting in the library with 3 friends, and none have received the LOR request. N=4...They loved your comment btw.
Hey, relaxOh really. K, I'm sitting in the library with 3 friends, and none have received the LOR request. N=4...They loved your comment btw.
Well, LOR request means you're still in the running. That's all that matters at this point.
Truth.
No request yet =(
If you didn't submit your money right away on the 27th then I think you don't have to worry just yet, maybe next week?No request yet =(
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If you didn't submit your money right away on the 27th then I think you don't have to worry just yet, maybe next week?
But I did 😛 ~20 min after I got the e-mail. But there's still time, I suppose...
LOR request and my stats are not as lovely as all of yours 😱😀
When d
36 MCAT/3.94sGPA
When did you receive the email saying everything was complete? I'm getting worried because I payed my fee 7/3, but got an email 7/7 saying my application and fee were complete.Request for LOR today at 5:19AM! I was verified 7/1 and paid the fee 7/3. sGPA 3.91, MCAT 34.
36 MCAT/3.94sGPA
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K
- Replies
- 351
- Views
- 80K