You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 Mayo Medical School Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Finally marked as complete after my premed committee letter was uploaded last Friday. Good luck to all!
Dear Mayo Medical School Applicant,
Thank you for your continued interest in Mayo Medical School and for your patience with the application process. Your letters of reference have been received and attached to your AMCAS file.
Your application is in the final review stage where it will be determined if you will be invited for an onsite interview. You will be notified via email as soon as the review is completed and the status of your application has been updated.
Did those with LOR requests receive this? Or is this part of the second screen post LOR request? I'm seeing a different response posted on here from those having received LOR requests which i haven't received and it is naturally freaking me out. ("We are pleased to notify you that your application has been selected for final review and interview consideration by the Mayo Medical School Admissions Executive Committee.")- I want this...this looks good...
Thank you for your continued interest in Mayo Medical School and for your patience with the application process. Your letters of reference have been received and attached to your AMCAS file.
Your application is in the final review stage where it will be determined if you will be invited for an onsite interview. You will be notified via email as soon as the review is completed and the status of your application has been updated.
Did those with LOR requests receive this? Or is this part of the second screen post LOR request? I'm seeing a different response posted on here from those having received LOR requests which i haven't received and it is naturally freaking me out. ("We are pleased to notify you that your application has been selected for final review and interview consideration by the Mayo Medical School Admissions Executive Committee.")- I want this...this looks good...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When did you submit your AMCAS to them?Dear Mayo Medical School Applicant,
Thank you for your continued interest in Mayo Medical School and for your patience with the application process. Your letters of reference have been received and attached to your AMCAS file.
Your application is in the final review stage where it will be determined if you will be invited for an onsite interview. You will be notified via email as soon as the review is completed and the status of your application has been updated.
Did those with LOR requests receive this? Or is this part of the second screen post LOR request? I'm seeing a different response posted on here from those having received LOR requests which i haven't received and it is naturally freaking me out. ("We are pleased to notify you that your application has been selected for final review and interview consideration by the Mayo Medical School Admissions Executive Committee.")- I want this...this looks good...
When did you submit your AMCAS to them?
Submitted AMCAS June 19th
AMCAS processed on July 9th
Fee request July 10th (submitted that day)
Fee received July 11th
LOR request July 15th (already assigned, however all letters were not in until July 16th)
Then the above letter (LOR received?) July 17th
Clearly i did not receive the same LOR received it seems others have and given my lower stats (GPA 3.51, sGPA 3.46, MCAT 30) i'm thinking the worst. The only reason I thought I even had a chance at this school is my unique story.
So did the last batch of LOR requests go out on the 15th? Should I keep hoping for a request or not? Fee received 7/7
I also have not received a fee request (or fee waiver) email and was verified 7/10. My LizzyM is about 74 so I didn't think I'd be screened out before even the first email? Or do they screen holistically before the fee is paid? I was just assuming they hadn't gotten to that day but Overanxious submitted just around the same date as me and received a fee request almost right away.
I think the screen is after the fee request. That is where they look at your activities to see if they want to send you a LOR request.I also have not received a fee request (or fee waiver) email and was verified 7/10. My LizzyM is about 74 so I didn't think I'd be screened out before even the first email? Or do they screen holistically before the fee is paid? I was just assuming they hadn't gotten to that day but Overanxious submitted just around the same date as me and received a fee request almost right away.
congrats to you!Submitted AMCAS June 19th
AMCAS processed on July 9th
Fee request July 10th (submitted that day)
Fee received July 11th
LOR request July 15th (already assigned, however all letters were not in until July 16th)
Then the above letter (LOR received?) July 17th
Clearly i did not receive the same LOR received it seems others have and given my lower stats (GPA 3.51, sGPA 3.46, MCAT 30) i'm thinking the worst. The only reason I thought I even had a chance at this school is my unique story.
What time did you receive the email??
Dear Mayo Medical School Applicant,
Thank you for your continued interest in Mayo Medical School and for your patience with the application process. Your letters of reference have been received and attached to your AMCAS file.
Your application is in the final review stage where it will be determined if you will be invited for an onsite interview. You will be notified via email as soon as the review is completed and the status of your application has been updated.
Did those with LOR requests receive this? Or is this part of the second screen post LOR request? I'm seeing a different response posted on here from those having received LOR requests which i haven't received and it is naturally freaking me out. ("We are pleased to notify you that your application has been selected for final review and interview consideration by the Mayo Medical School Admissions Executive Committee.")- I want this...this looks good...
It's exactly what it means. You were requested to send LORs, so you sent them and they're sending you confirmation that it was received. You're in the final stage of being reviewed for an II or not (this is the only screen left before getting an interview).
I also have not received a fee request (or fee waiver) email and was verified 7/10. My LizzyM is about 74 so I didn't think I'd be screened out before even the first email? Or do they screen holistically before the fee is paid? I was just assuming they hadn't gotten to that day but Overanxious submitted just around the same date as me and received a fee request almost right away.
Based on your LizzyM (nearly 10 points above mine) you clearly haven't been screened out yet. From what i've read they screen a LizzyM of 60 though their average is a 74. But i've definitely seen multiple numbers being thrown around for this school (for all schools). Furthermore, they screen holistically after the fee paid. My guess is your fee request will be in the next batch sent out, maybe they do this on a weekly or two week basis (maybe i just made the cutoff day for this batch sent out).
invissideways, What we all have to remember is there are multiple committees (there must be for that many apps). Some are clearly going to be faster than others if we are talking about LOR requests.
adimelon, received in the evening
nemo123, what i was trying to get at is I failed to receive the "we are pleased to notify you..." email. Does that come after the "thank you for your continued interest" email?
Based on your LizzyM (nearly 10 points above mine) you clearly haven't been screened out yet. From what i've read they screen a LizzyM of 60 though their average is a 74. But i've definitely seen multiple numbers being thrown around for this school (for all schools). Furthermore, they screen holistically after the fee paid. My guess is your fee request will be in the next batch sent out, maybe they do this on a weekly or two week basis (maybe i just made the cutoff day for this batch sent out).
invissideways, What we all have to remember is there are multiple committees (there must be for that many apps). Some are clearly going to be faster than others if we are talking about LOR requests.
adimelon, received in the evening
nemo123, what i was trying to get at is I failed to receive the "we are pleased to notify you..." email. Does that come after the "thank you for your continued interest" email?
My LOR received email was the original one posted, and I never received the one that you included. However, it could be that they just decided to update the text of the email. I wouldn't worry about it!
EDIT: I received my LOR received email on 7/9 which I think was the first batch. So maybe the more recent emails had updated text.
Last edited:
My LOR received email was the original one posted, and I never received the one that you included. However, it could be that they just decided to update the text of the email. I wouldn't worry about it!
I received the same email @Overanxious posted.
I paid the fee on 6/27, got LOR request on 7/8, and got that email text yesterday. I don't think it means anything bad!
Last edited:
Agreed. I received the same email yesterday. AMCAS verified 6/11, fee request 6/27 (I paid it immediately), fee received 7/1, LOR request 7/8, LORs received email 7/17. (GPA 3.88, BCPM GPA 3.93, MCAT 40; very non-trad)
This question came up in last year's thread. The consensus was that there is only one final review process after they have requested and received your letters. I acknowledge that the text is different between the two emails, but the message is the same. Again, from last year's thread, this email first went out on 7/21, so we should all consider ourselves lucky to be in the first batch of reviewed applications!
This question came up in last year's thread. The consensus was that there is only one final review process after they have requested and received your letters. I acknowledge that the text is different between the two emails, but the message is the same. Again, from last year's thread, this email first went out on 7/21, so we should all consider ourselves lucky to be in the first batch of reviewed applications!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Agreed. I received the same email yesterday. AMCAS verified 6/11, fee request 6/27 (I paid it immediately), fee received 7/1, LOR request 7/8, LORs received email 7/17. (GPA 3.88, BCPM GPA 3.93, MCAT 40; very non-trad)
This question came up in last year's thread. The consensus was that there is only one final review process after they have requested and received your letters. I acknowledge that the text is different between the two emails, but the message is the same. Again, from last year's thread, this email first went out on 7/21, so we should all consider ourselves lucky to be in the first batch of reviewed applications!
Someone up there must enjoy watching us all squirm 😉
Hi! I haven't received a LOR request. AMCAS verified 6/30, fee request 7/7, fee received 7/8 (cGPA 3.8, sGPA 3.85, MCAT 37, MN resident)
Should I assume that I have been put on hold? I'm getting a bit concerned that a screen of my extracurriculars is keeping me from getting the request. I have tons of shadowing, internship at children's hospital, 2+ years of research with summer grants, but maybe I made a mistake in my PA?
Should I assume that I have been put on hold? I'm getting a bit concerned that a screen of my extracurriculars is keeping me from getting the request. I have tons of shadowing, internship at children's hospital, 2+ years of research with summer grants, but maybe I made a mistake in my PA?
It's my understanding that the holistic LOR screen is just looking at W&A and the PS is read after the LORs come in.Hi! I haven't received a LOR request. AMCAS verified 6/30, fee request 7/7, fee received 7/8 (cGPA 3.8, sGPA 3.85, MCAT 37, MN resident)
Should I assume that I have been put on hold? I'm getting a bit concerned that a screen of my extracurriculars is keeping me from getting the request. I have tons of shadowing, internship at children's hospital, 2+ years of research with summer grants, but maybe I made a mistake in my PA?
Looking back at the past two years it seems Mayo takes about up to four weeks to let you know one way or another. Good luck!
I hope I get a LOR request...It's my understanding that the holistic LOR screen is just looking at W&A and the PS is read after the LORs come in.
Looking back at the past two years it seems Mayo takes about up to four weeks to let you know one way or another. Good luck!
Thanks!It's my understanding that the holistic LOR screen is just looking at W&A and the PS is read after the LORs come in.
Looking back at the past two years it seems Mayo takes about up to four weeks to let you know one way or another. Good luck!
I paid my fee 6/27 and didn't receive a LOR request. I'm guessing that means I'm out of the running for Mayo? 🙁
just wait for the next round of emails they send..also based on last years post many people received LOR requests weeks after fee request...you never know..I paid my fee 6/27 and didn't receive a LOR request. I'm guessing that means I'm out of the running for Mayo? 🙁
Got LOR request at 1:32am this morning. Fee received email on 7/16.
congrats!!!!!! Cmon Mayo gods...shower the rest of us with some loveGot LOR request at 1:32am this morning. Fee received email on 7/16.
I drove through Rochester last night. I actually drive through there quite often, and usually it's not that big of a deal. But last night I was just thinking OMG MAYO IS RITE THERE PLZ LUV ME.
ok i guess i ain't getting one...when do they start sending out rejectionsGot my letter request earlier today (19th), fee received on the 16th. 3.9/4/35 from Canada
My guess is if they are going to reject you it'll be the Friday night four weeks after you submitted. It ain't over until it's over! I know the wait is so hard!ok i guess i ain't getting one...when do they start sending out rejections
on 7/12 I received the fee waiver notification(equivalent to the payment request)My guess is if they are going to reject you it'll be the Friday night four weeks after you submitted. It ain't over until it's over! I know the wait is so hard!
it's only been a week but many other who submitted after me have received LOR requests... guess they aren't too sure about my application...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
lovin the positivity vibe going on on this forum. let's keep it going!My guess is if they are going to reject you it'll be the Friday night four weeks after you submitted. It ain't over until it's over! I know the wait is so hard!
i hope they luv u2I drove through Rochester last night. I actually drive through there quite often, and usually it's not that big of a deal. But last night I was just thinking OMG MAYO IS RITE THERE PLZ LUV ME.
So I got application received email on 7/9 and paid the fee on 7/9.
All I have gotten back was an instant email after the transaction which looked like this:
"*** PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS EMAIL ***
Thank you for your payment.
This email is to confirm your payment submitted on Jul-09-2014 for Application Fee Payment.
Confirmation Number: ##########
Payment Amount: $120.00
Scheduled Payment Date: Jul-09-2014
Amount Due: $120.00"
Is this the email that everyone keeps referring to as the "fee received email" or is their a separate email for that? Just wondering if I screwed up with my AMCAS ID during payment or I am running out of time/luck for an LOR request.
All I have gotten back was an instant email after the transaction which looked like this:
"*** PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS EMAIL ***
Thank you for your payment.
This email is to confirm your payment submitted on Jul-09-2014 for Application Fee Payment.
Confirmation Number: ##########
Payment Amount: $120.00
Scheduled Payment Date: Jul-09-2014
Amount Due: $120.00"
Is this the email that everyone keeps referring to as the "fee received email" or is their a separate email for that? Just wondering if I screwed up with my AMCAS ID during payment or I am running out of time/luck for an LOR request.
So I got application received email on 7/9 and paid the fee on 7/9.
All I have gotten back was an instant email after the transaction which looked like this:
"*** PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS EMAIL ***
Thank you for your payment.
This email is to confirm your payment submitted on Jul-09-2014 for Application Fee Payment.
Confirmation Number: ##########
Payment Amount: $120.00
Scheduled Payment Date: Jul-09-2014
Amount Due: $120.00"
Is this the email that everyone keeps referring to as the "fee received email" or is their a separate email for that? Just wondering if I screwed up with my AMCAS ID during payment or I am running out of time/luck for an LOR request.
there is a second email. I received it more than 24 hours after the automated email you're talking about, iirc.
So I got application received email on 7/9 and paid the fee on 7/9.
All I have gotten back was an instant email after the transaction which looked like this:
"*** PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS EMAIL ***
Thank you for your payment.
This email is to confirm your payment submitted on Jul-09-2014 for Application Fee Payment.
Confirmation Number: ##########
Payment Amount: $120.00
Scheduled Payment Date: Jul-09-2014
Amount Due: $120.00"
Is this the email that everyone keeps referring to as the "fee received email" or is their a separate email for that? Just wondering if I screwed up with my AMCAS ID during payment or I am running out of time/luck for an LOR request.
That is the "payment confirmation". I received this too as soon as I submitted. The next day i received the "Fee received email". One would think they are the same thing but they are in fact not. If you haven't received the "Fee received email" then it probably hasn't been processed yet. Just like any other online purchase...you buy something but it's not yours and they don't ship it until your funds transfer to their account.
That is the "payment confirmation". I received this too as soon as I submitted. The next day i received the "Fee received email". One would think they are the same thing but they are in fact not. If you haven't received the "Fee received email" then it probably hasn't been processed yet. Just like any other online purchase...you buy something but it's not yours and they don't ship it until your funds transfer to their account.
I never received an email after the "payment confirmation" one and I submitted 6/27. Are you sure there's a "fee received email"? Should I call them?
when did you submit? wait it out for a few daysI never received an email after the "payment confirmation" one and I submitted 6/27. Are you sure there's a "fee received email"? Should I call them?
when did you submit? wait it out for a few days
6/27; Almost a month ago
I see..maybe you should call in that case.. some people mentioned that they screen people before fee payment email..what are you stats?6/27; Almost a month ago
anyone have a similar experience?
I see..maybe you should call in that case.. some people mentioned that they screen people before fee payment email..what are you stats?
anyone have a similar experience?
37/3.8/3.7; non-URM; I haven't taken biochemistry yet, but they say that I only need it before matriculation. Could that be the reason?
I never received an email after the "payment confirmation" one and I submitted 6/27. Are you sure there's a "fee received email"? Should I call them?
Yes I'm sure. I have two separate emails. It's posting here weird but you get the idea. not sure what URM has to do with anything.
1. Payment Confirmation for Application Fee Payment
Inbox
x
[email protected] <[email protected]>
Jul 10 (10 days ago)
to me
*** PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS EMAIL ***
Thank you for your payment.
2. Mayo Medical School - Fee Received
Inbox
x
MMS Admissions <[email protected]>
Jul 11 (9 days ago)
to me
Greetings from Mayo Medical School!
37/3.8/3.7; non-URM; I haven't taken biochemistry yet, but they say that I only need it before matriculation. Could that be the reason?
I also haven't taken biochem and am complete
I would call in and check with them.It has been 2 weeks since I submitted by primaries.. (and verified) but yet no fee request. Should I give them a call?
I just watched this video, and I am even more excited about this application process!
http://mayo.img.entriq.net/htm/gps-edu-16x9-387w-single.html?articleID=4905
http://mayo.img.entriq.net/htm/gps-edu-16x9-387w-single.html?articleID=4905
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Predicting II's this week
Predicting II's this week
What makes you say that?
Does Mayo give you a "you are now complete" email? My letters were just uploaded to AMCAS yesterday.
Stats?I got rejected pre-fee request... Did that happen to anyone else? Pretty shocking/upsetting but I guess it saves me the money
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K
- Replies
- 351
- Views
- 80K