You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 Mercer University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I wouldn't make that assumption yet!! If you know someone who has been called today, then maybe that's fair. But, seeing as no one has posted here and no one I know has been called, my guess would be that they haven't begun calling for this meeting. Keep your head up until at least tomorrow afternoon!! On a separate note, I think they start the wait-list March 15th. Best of luck getting that call to you, @GTWreck1991, and everyone else still waiting/hoping!
@chemnurd Much appreciated! Though not getting in this cycle will not deter me from pursuing medicine, another year not dedicated towards higher learning would seem endless. Sigh...keeping my head up tho 😀
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got the call! I'm in!!!! interviewed January 8. Stats 3.77 cGPA 3.66 sGPA and 29 MCAT (11,9,9)
I pray you guys get some good news as well. The amount of stress that this whole process puts on you is unreal.Congrats!!! I am praying for some good news soon.
Nope :/ onto the next one...boy..MCAT2015 is starting to call my name...yet I pretend to not hear lol
I didn't hear anything from Mercer since submitting my secondary in November, so called in today. They said that I will hear something by tomorrow, so good luck everyone! Keep your heads up! #forbetterorworse
I interviewed yesterday. They said 88/100 slots are filled, and there are 110 new interviewees for those 12 slots... over 400 total. But that about 45 people on average will be pulled off the wait list. Also the last adcom meeting is March 4th where they will give away the last 12 slots and set the wait list.
Has anyone heard anything from Mercer as of late?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks!I believe the ad com meets this week to make some acceptances. They did not meet the last half of February.
This is the last meeting I believe...waitlist will probably go out as well.
Does Mercer rank their waiting list?
Does Mercer rank their waiting list?
Yes. It's completely based on your composite interview score and is super competitive at that point since they are looking at the difference of a hundredth of a point.
I'm hoping for some good news soon 🙂 Good luck everybody. This acceptance/wait-list season is what we've been waiting patiently for... I hope some of you that are still waiting end up being classmates with me 🙂
As do I! Goodluck to everyone waiting to hear back for the wait list and acceptances!
I've read some places they don't set the wait list until April 1st?! I guess we'll find out 😛
This cycles been rough for me 🙁 I attribute it to my MCAT score...according to MSAR...matriculants last cycle had a 3.8 and a 33...I'm not sure what percentile that converts to...but I'd imagine something around 90+...and now I have to get that on a 7.5 hour test? Starting to grind already.
I want to clarify that 3.8 and 33 was the national average and not necessarily for MUSOM.
5
584376
The last adcom meeting was March 26th last year and March 20th the year before and both wait lists came out at the beginning of April. Maybe since the last meeting is earlier this year we will hear sooner. I would guess by mid March hopefully!I've read some places they don't set the wait list until April 1st?! I guess we'll find out 😛
On a side note, I think I may have to take the MCAT again as well if I'm not accepted here. 🙁
The last adcom meeting was March 26th last year and March 20th the year before and both wait lists came out at the beginning of April. Maybe since the last meeting is earlier this year we will hear sooner. I would guess by mid March hopefully!
On a side note, I think I may have to take the MCAT again as well if I'm not accepted here. 🙁
Looks like I may see u there 😉. And it sucks cause now I have no idea what my target score is. All I can do is prepare and take the exam.
5
584376
Or maybe I won't see you there and we will both be accepted tonight! Wishful thinking I know...Looks like I may see u there 😉. And it sucks cause now I have no idea what my target score is. All I can do is prepare and take the exam.
All you can do is score as highly as you possibly can and hope that it is competitive. Luckily, some schools like Mercer can get past a lower MCAT score if the rest of your application is good.
Has anybody gotten any news, good or bad from admissions today?
Nope :/ do they give us the # we are on the wait list?!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Not sure, but I was wondering the same thing man. Waiting for an answer is really taking a toll on my patience. Guess this is the risk you take when you're in the regular pool for admission.Nope :/ do they give us the # we are on the wait list?!
Agreed. Worst part is...my 2015 mcat books come in tomorrow...I may have to end up opening them 😛 sigh...trying to keep a positive outlook regardless of my admissions status.
There's still a chance you won't have to open them since no one has posted anything new. Maybe the committee met today and will start contacting applicants tomorrow.
My advice would be if you end up opening them, don't write in them/tear them up at ALL, because since it's a new test those books will probably still be very valuable used if they're in good condition 🙂 I'm pretty sure a lot of old MCAT books get passed around between several students (mine were lol). I am also praying that I don't have to take the new MCAT, but I probably wouldn't do that until the application cycle for 2017 entrance if I don't get in this year :/
Oh definitely. I plan on reselling them now that my old ones aren't as valuable. I would have to retake though..seeing as the rest of my application hasn't produced any commentary from interviews..every interview has mentioned my MCAT score..so it's evident that is what needs to change. Not looking forward to retaking it..but the plus is I'm out of school now..and can dedicate all of my attention to it.
Received my acceptance call at 6:39 PM EST just now! Interviewed 2/17 at Macon.
Last edited:
I emailed the Adcom about the meeting and received a reply stating that they are meeting today at 5 PM. And all applicants will know their status by 3/16/15.
I just got accepted today! Interviewed on 2/24 🙂
They just called me at 6:30
Congrats!
Hopefully they will be making some more acceptance calls tomorrow!!
Well they were only looking to fill 12 seats at this meeting today. What do you think the chances are of them making more calls tomorrow? I interviewed 1/29 and so I am an applicant getting reviewed for this Adcom meeting as well. Nerve wracking lol!
Long time lurker, finally posting to say I have been accepted!! Received the call at 6:30 today, interviewed 1/29. So excited right now!!
Long time lurker, finally posting to say I have been accepted!! Received the call at 6:30 today, interviewed 1/29. So excited right now!!
where did you interview?
I just got accepted today! Interviewed on 2/24 🙂
They just called me at 6:30
macon or savannah?
Did anyone else get an email this morning?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did anyone else get an email this morning?
Not as of yet.
where did you interview?
I interviewed at the Macon campus.
Has anyone that interviewed at the Savannah campus gotten a phone call or email?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K
I can't wait to get my