You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 Stanford University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I got oneDoes Stanford send a response after receiving post-interview updates?
I heard stanford's interview was relatively the most stressful one. Could anyone elaborate on the day? And perhaps how you prepared for it that really made a difference?
Thank you for all your insights, and congratulations to those who made it and good luck to those awaiting an II or otherwise in the same boat as me!
Thank you for all your insights, and congratulations to those who made it and good luck to those awaiting an II or otherwise in the same boat as me!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! may I ask whether it was 4pm PST or EST?Acceptance call at 4pm today! Interviewed 10/15. LizzyM 79. Just wanted to add that I am one of the most artistically and athletically untalented people that I know, but I am super research heavy - so if you also cannot move forward without tripping, keep your spirits up!
4 pm PST!
Are people still getting II's here?
According to their admissions website, Stanford interviews through March, and invitations are sent out until all spots are filled. After a little creeping on MDApps, I found some examples of people who have been invited after the new year. This being said, I would be that they have filled over 85% of their interview slots. If we haven't heard anything yet, the odds are not in our favor. Between now and mid-January, some of us may get lucky, but most of us won't. As much as it pains me to say this, I think the smartest, most statistically-influenced action is to focus on other targets.Are people still getting II's here?
Are people still getting II's here?
I don't know how they're working for you guys this year, but last year, they added an extra interview day in May because they were behind on getting through all the apps. Many of us got interview invites after the New Year after being complete for months... For example, I was complete in July and got my interview invite in late February... It's not over till it's over!
II just now! Don't give up hope. LizzyM 73
Only one mid-Feb date is open though. Based on what others have said, I'm sure they will open up more dates as they go along.
CONGRATS redtiger!!! Would you mind sharing your complete date?
I recently got an II from here for the MD program. I was rejected from MSTP earlier this year and was wondering if anyone has any data on MD matriculates who apply internally to the MSTP during/after their 1st year? Thanks.
There's a talk during lunch about MSTP and research for MD-only students, and Dr. Utz discusses this, I believe. I don't remember the information off the top of my head, though.
I recently got an II from here for the MD program. I was rejected from MSTP earlier this year and was wondering if anyone has any data on MD matriculates who apply internally to the MSTP during/after their 1st year? Thanks.
Much better odds. I was told (by a current MD student applying internally to their MSTP program) that you are essentially guaranteed a spot if you go through the process with their office as an MD student at Stanford.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I recently got an II from here for the MD program. I was rejected from MSTP earlier this year and was wondering if anyone has any data on MD matriculates who apply internally to the MSTP during/after their 1st year? Thanks.
No data but internal applicants are very successful, and there has been talk in some corners of increasing the internal pipeline even further.
Just got an II! Wow, I really was expecting a rejection from this place...
Congrats!
Can you tell us when you were complete?
Congrats!
Can you tell us when you were complete?
Got the complete email mid July, so my app's been floating around there for a while.
I guess that's why I thought for sure it'd be a rejection
Are there any underdogs (non-URM) or infact (over represented minority) in terms of stats who have already attended the II or been admitted? At the II stage here.
Has anyone interviewed in early Oct not heard back from them yet? Does this mean WL/Reject at this point? From what I recall, the director said that they would have all 3 types of decisions: accept/WL/reject within 6-8 weeks after our interview date.
hopefully we won't be receiving small envelopes in the mail...
yeh @breadcrumbz same boat. what are your stats? im LizzyM 75, URM, non-cali resident
74-75, East coast non-URM.
i interviewed 10/774-75, East coast non-URM.
Did anyone who sent the 5 business day pre-interview confirmation recieve an email replay from the office?
I haven't. If I remember correctly, none of the other applicants received any kind of confirmation or acknowledgement in regards to the five-day notice.
Good luck!
Last edited:
Anybody got accepted today?
EDIT: may explain the silence
http://abc7chicago.com/weather/san-francisco-weather-bay-area-hit-with-big-storm/431699/
EDIT: may explain the silence
http://abc7chicago.com/weather/san-francisco-weather-bay-area-hit-with-big-storm/431699/
Last edited:
So...waitlists are being sent out! Well, at least it's not a rejection, and I was expecting the small letter eventually.
Interviewed 10/1.
Interviewed 10/1.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So...waitlists are being sent out! Well, at least it's not a rejection, and I was expecting the small letter eventually.
Interviewed 10/1.
Same here! Waitlisted, having interviewed on 10/1. Let's hope that the early interviewees (anyone in October) are high on the waitlist...but for now, putting it out of my mind. Good luck to you and to everyone still waiting!
I wouldn't expect one, but don't abandon all hope just yet. Stranger things have happened. If its meant to be it will be.Have there been any recent IIs? Might be time to give up hope here.
For those waitlisted, did you get an email or a letter in the mail?
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...plication-thread.1003621/page-9#post-14752164I wouldn't expect one, but don't abandon all hope just yet. Stranger things have happened. If its meant to be it will be.
Our mileage may vary.
Letter in the mailFor those waitlisted, did you get an email or a letter in the mail?
For those waitlisted, did you get an email or a letter in the mail?
In the mail for me as well, as Stanford only sends decisions by phone call (if accepted) or mail (if rejected/waitlisted). No decisions are given via email or portal.
@Willy38, you penguinified when? I miss that cool kid avatar!I wouldn't expect one, but don't abandon all hope just yet. Stranger things have happened. If its meant to be it will be.
So it seems that all top schools are still sending out IIs. The lead time has been normally kept at one month between II and interview dates.
Last edited:
Yeah I jumped on the penguin bandwagon a little while back... 4 or 5 rejections later, it may be time to switch it up again. I still haven't mastered this SDN avatar voodoo quite yet. And I hope Stanford is still inviting. This was my top choice pre-interview. Would love the chance to visit Cali.@Willy38, you penguinified when? I miss that cool kid avatar!
So it seems that all top schools are still sending out IIs. The lead time has been normally kept at one month between II and interview dates.
Edit: I'm squints now from the Sandlot. Let's see how he works haha
I'm a reapplicant who got 6 points higher 3 years later and got II. I think the committee, or anybody, will give you the benefit of doubt when it comes to your first MCAT and think you were probably sick or had some issues, consider the fact that you are able to get 37. Congrats on the improvement! You might have a shot, but so do thousands of people ...unfortunately Stanford only interviews a small fraction of those who are all highly qualified. It's really a crap shot.
Hi Friendly FH,
When you reapplied 3 years later, did your old MCAT score get erased so the admissions committee only saw your most recent score? I know MCAT scores are only valid for a certain amount of time before they expire. Also, congratulations on your acceptance! I'm sure you worked very hard for this....
Aw thanks! We all have been working hard. I really wouldn't know what they do with the old MCAT score.Hi Friendly FH,
When you reapplied 3 years later, did your old MCAT score get erased so the admissions committee only saw your most recent score? I know MCAT scores are only valid for a certain amount of time before they expire. Also, congratulations on your acceptance! I'm sure you worked very hard for this....
I'd like to remind our users here that everyone agrees and signs a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) before being allowed to participate in the Stanford MMI. To discuss or reveal specific aspects of that process is explicitly prohibited and constitutes a violation of that contract. Do not ask others to violate this, nor should you divulge information that constitutes a violation.
Hi namerguy, do you know if Stanford has any IIs left ? If so, do you know if they are for apps they haven't gotten to yet or if they are recycling them at this point? Thanks!I'd like to remind our users here that everyone agrees and signs a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) before being allowed to participate in the Stanford MMI. To discuss or reveal specific aspects of that process is explicitly prohibited and constitutes a violation of that contract. Do not ask others to violate this, nor should you divulge information that constitutes a violation.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi namerguy, do you know if Stanford has any IIs left ? If so, do you know if they are for apps they haven't gotten to yet or if they are recycling them at this point? Thanks!
There are many interview dates left, likely extending into march. However, it's not clear to me if they are reserved only for applications they haven't gotten to or not. My fingers are crossed for you if you if you're in the latter group!
Does anyone know if decisions for those who interviewed the week of October 20th have gone out yet? Anxiously waiting...😳
Also wondering
+1Does anyone know if decisions for those who interviewed the week of October 20th have gone out yet? Anxiously waiting...😳
Thanks ! I'm likely in the recycled pool, was complete in July hahaThere are many interview dates left, likely extending into march. However, it's not clear to me if they are reserved only for applications they haven't gotten to or not. My fingers are crossed for you if you if you're in the latter group!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K