You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 Vanderbilt University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
If I remember right, I think they said on/around Dec 15.
Yup!
And the open file interviewer has your stats. Mine made a comment on mine.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
.
Last edited:
Hey! Which hotels did you guys stay at before your interview?
Is there anyone interviewing on Nov. 3 that would like to split a cab/hotel? I'm coming in on the 2nd. Thanks!
I booked my hotel for Hampton Inn Vanderbilt (West End). ~15 minute walk to the med school. Unfortunately I'll be interviewing later =/
I stayed at the GuestHouse Inn. There were actually two other interviewees that I met the morning of. It's also about 15 minutes away, but it has a complimentary shuttle every half-hour. The driver knows exactly where to drop medical school interviewees off too.
Interview Invite just now! Complete mid-August.
Right now, they have November, December, and January open. Can anyone who has interviewed here know tell me know interview scheduling works? I pick a month and they assign me a date that month, or would i be able to choose between dates within that month?
Right now, they have November, December, and January open. Can anyone who has interviewed here know tell me know interview scheduling works? I pick a month and they assign me a date that month, or would i be able to choose between dates within that month?
You pick the date (They interview on Mondays and Fridays)Interview Invite just now! Complete mid-August.
Right now, they have November, December, and January open. Can anyone who has interviewed here know tell me know interview scheduling works? I pick a month and they assign me a date that month, or would i be able to choose between dates within that month?
So I never received a secondary...in early August I got the email saying they'd received my AMCAS and my score and they'd be sending the secondary along if they wanted to and all that. a month and a half later, after loads of my peers received the secondary (who had lower stats than me) I still had radio silence from Vanderbilt...I emailed them very kindly just to make sure I didn't get lost in the shuffle and they responded saying they were still considering my application. so now here I am, with no secondary, nearly three months out from their receiving my score and AMCAS...
did anyone have a similar experience? is this normal in any way? i got a secondary from all 14 other schools i applied to and i have 2 IIs so far but no communication from Vanderbilt at all. 34 MCAT, 3.9 GPA, heaps of ECs.
did anyone have a similar experience? is this normal in any way? i got a secondary from all 14 other schools i applied to and i have 2 IIs so far but no communication from Vanderbilt at all. 34 MCAT, 3.9 GPA, heaps of ECs.
So I never received a secondary...in early August I got the email saying they'd received my AMCAS and my score and they'd be sending the secondary along if they wanted to and all that. a month and a half later, after loads of my peers received the secondary (who had lower stats than me) I still had radio silence from Vanderbilt...I emailed them very kindly just to make sure I didn't get lost in the shuffle and they responded saying they were still considering my application. so now here I am, with no secondary, nearly three months out from their receiving my score and AMCAS...
did anyone have a similar experience? is this normal in any way? i got a secondary from all 14 other schools i applied to and i have 2 IIs so far but no communication from Vanderbilt at all. 34 MCAT, 3.9 GPA, heaps of ECs.
Similar stats, no secondary here either. Don't take it as a negative sign -- I've gotten quite a lot of love from other schools this cycle despite silence from Vandy.
Similar stats, no secondary here either. Don't take it as a negative sign -- I've gotten quite a lot of love from other schools this cycle despite silence from Vandy.
No vandy secondary either but lots of love from other schools. Many ranked higher and much more competitive. Idk what vandy is looking for really.
i feel way better now that i know i'm not alone! you're right, who knows what they're looking for. good luck to you both
So I never received a secondary...in early August I got the email saying they'd received my AMCAS and my score and they'd be sending the secondary along if they wanted to and all that. a month and a half later, after loads of my peers received the secondary (who had lower stats than me) I still had radio silence from Vanderbilt...I emailed them very kindly just to make sure I didn't get lost in the shuffle and they responded saying they were still considering my application. so now here I am, with no secondary, nearly three months out from their receiving my score and AMCAS...
did anyone have a similar experience? is this normal in any way? i got a secondary from all 14 other schools i applied to and i have 2 IIs so far but no communication from Vanderbilt at all. 34 MCAT, 3.9 GPA, heaps of ECs.
+1, and I don't think my application is weak. I suppose they are looking for very specific students to fit their small class size of 88! I find that the smaller the class size the more selective the school becomes.
Hi! So I just very recently added Vanderbilt to my app, and received a secondary today. I am working on the autobiography, and am worried it is overlapping too much with my personal statement. My 'why medicine' journey is very much a part of my life story, so I feel like it's natural to put parts of it in. Did anyone else have this problem?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I copy pasted the first parts of my PS into the autobiography. Still got an II. I think as long as your autobiography reads nicely by itself and shows that you are a good person who would fit in the overall super friendly southern style it's fine. My stories emphasized mostly non academic stuff, since my academic stuff is self evidential.Hi! So I just very recently added Vanderbilt to my app, and received a secondary today. I am working on the autobiography, and am worried it is overlapping too much with my personal statement. My 'why medicine' journey is very much a part of my life story, so I feel like it's natural to put parts of it in. Did anyone else have this problem?
I copy pasted the first parts of my PS into the autobiography. Still got an II. I think as long as your autobiography reads nicely by itself and shows that you are a good person who would fit in the overall super friendly southern style it's fine. My stories emphasized mostly non academic stuff, since my academic stuff is self evidential.
Awesome! Thank you!!! Just submitted, so we'll see how this goes.
Right? I still haven't heard anything. Courtesy email would be nice.well, looks like im not getting that secondary. 🙁
Almost identical stats and my friend who has better stats than either of us is experiencing the same thing. Honestly, I am chalking it up to maybe they are looking for diversity/more experiences. But thanks for teasing me with emails, Vandy.So I never received a secondary...in early August I got the email saying they'd received my AMCAS and my score and they'd be sending the secondary along if they wanted to and all that. a month and a half later, after loads of my peers received the secondary (who had lower stats than me) I still had radio silence from Vanderbilt...I emailed them very kindly just to make sure I didn't get lost in the shuffle and they responded saying they were still considering my application. so now here I am, with no secondary, nearly three months out from their receiving my score and AMCAS...
did anyone have a similar experience? is this normal in any way? i got a secondary from all 14 other schools i applied to and i have 2 IIs so far but no communication from Vanderbilt at all. 34 MCAT, 3.9 GPA, heaps of ECs.
*answered my own question*
Last edited:
II yesterday 🙂))) complete early august !
II yesterday complete early august! dates are january/february
What are the dates still available?Posting late here, but just wanted to share my info
submitted secondary 8/16. II on 10/28, scheduled for 1/16
January 12, 15, 16 were the earliest available when I signed up i believe. there were dates in late january (20-something) and a few in februaryWhat are the dates still available?
Thank you!January 12, 15, 16 were the earliest available when I signed up i believe. there were dates in late january (20-something) and a few in february
II ~ holy crap.
(complete early sept)
(complete early sept)
YAY! YAY! YAY!! Be proud!II ~ holy crap.
(complete early sept)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interview invite! Complete mid September! Dates still open last three Fridays in January.
Woo -- II!
complete mid-August
available dates are in late January
complete mid-August
available dates are in late January
Congrats to all the new II's! Mid-December can't come soon enough... I love you Vanderbilt and hopefully the feeling is mutual!
haha, you are funny, although your avatar is not, it's scary. Congrats! If you are not from Nashville, I highly recommend to try their B-bike. It's only $5bucks for the whole day and ride around the river!II ~ holy crap.
(complete early sept)
haha, you are funny, although your avatar is not, it's scary. Congrats! If you are not from Nashville, I highly recommend to try their B-bike. It's only $5bucks for the whole day and ride around the river!
hahahaha <3 have you seen spirited away? it's noface 🙂
and that sounds amazing! I'll look out for it
I know that's noface, that's why it's scary.hahahaha <3 have you seen spirited away? it's noface 🙂
and that sounds amazing! I'll look out for it
Look! This beautiful and safe ride will go on for about 15mins...
Would anyone who has interviewed here like to share some of the questions they were asked during the short behavioral interview?
To prepare I googled "behavioral interview questions" - that served me pretty wellWould anyone who has interviewed here like to share some of the questions they were asked during the short behavioral interview?
So, since their secondary deadline is 1 december, if we don't receive one by then, does that equal a silent rejection?
At this point, since they give you two weeks to complete the secondary, we are all most likely rejected. I doubt they would send anything in the next 13 days and expect you to write an autobiography within that time span. Always thought this would be a school I matched well with but it looks like they really cracked down. Though it stings, I guess we should thank them for saving us money on secondaries. I'm sure there are 10+ other top schools where my secondary was thrown away upon submission.
I was reading last year's thread and note this Dec 15 release wave date is a new deal this year. Are we thinking this is a better model or..?
I think it's great. Rolling admissions stress me out because it's impossible to say when you might hear something. The non-rolling schools that accept in March are also stressful - so much waiting! I think the Dec. 15 date is perfect. It would be great to go into the New Year with a spot at Vandy...
Any idea until what interview date the admissions committee will review applicants for the Dec. 15th date?
Any idea until what interview date the admissions committee will review applicants for the Dec. 15th date?
If you haven't had your interview yet, that would definitely be a fair question to ask during the wrap-up session. If you have had the interview, I bet you'll be in the running to hear something on the 15th!
Most schools seem to review interviewees' files within two weeks of the interview, I think
II! Complete September.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II today! Complete first week of November.. I know, I was definitely taking my time in finally writing that autobiography. I was just in Nashville a few weeks ago for an away football game and the city is awesome. I'm excited to go back
Do you go to Florida? Also what were the available dates? I know they only interview until the end of January
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K