You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 Vanderbilt University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am almost positive I saw the December 15 date online earlier, along with Feb 15 as well. Now it only says mid-december. So maybe a day or two behind since today was a Monday? But I doubt they'll go too late in the week because while for some it will be great, why ruin a weekend for someone, especially just before Christmas. So this is likely some sort of dance of timing... maybe they had a meeting today to give lists of phone calls to make divided among the group - or interviewers (depending on who typically makes the call). But I am also sure that when you are doing a wave that is likely to involve nearly 3000 people (half of the applicants), they'd want to make sure they had it right. http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/13/e...ordham-youre-not-accepted-after-all.html?_r=0
Accepted via phone call!!! Dream come true!
Congrats!!!!! So cool! Not really expecting to hear today tbh but I have my phone next to me just in case!
Accepted via phone call!!! Dream come true!
+1!!!!!!!
Ugh just as I was about to check my portal.No portal updates until tomorrow. Good luck to all!
Now the wait begins.
And If your last name is early or late in the alphabet? (Seriously)For people who got good news, could you indicate when you interviewed?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Details Details people. Who called, what was said..... ?? And if you're called, might you ask if all calls are being made today??No portal updates until tomorrow. Good luck to all!
Ah! Missed call from 6153430473 at 10:20AM! When I tried to call back, it was an automated message saying it was just for the medical center and that I needed to specify who I wanted to reach if I talked to an operator. Would it be bad to call the admissions office?
Call admissions. When did you interview?Ah! Missed call from 6153430473 at 10:20AM! When I tried to call back, it was an automated message saying it was just for the medical center and that I needed to specify who I wanted to reach if I talked to an operator. Would it be bad to call the admissions office?
Call admissions. When did you interview?
November 17th (so wasn't sure I would get a response until February?).
Early OctoberFor people who got good news, could you indicate when you interviewed?
Are y'alls last name early on in the alphabetEarly October
Pretty close to the middle.Are y'alls last name early on in the alphabet
Ah! Missed call from 6153430473 at 10:20AM! When I tried to call back, it was an automated message saying it was just for the medical center and that I needed to specify who I wanted to reach if I talked to an operator. Would it be bad to call the admissions office?
+1 Noooooo!! I just missed picking up the phone. Did you call admissions?
+1 Noooooo!! I just missed picking up the phone. Did you call admissions?
Was just thinking about whether I should when they called me again!
Did your interviewers call you?Was just thinking about whether I should when they called me again!
Was just thinking about whether I should when they called me again!
I missed 2 calls 😵
Did anyone reach admissions?
Details Details people. Who called, what was said..... ?? And if you're called, might you ask if all calls are being made today??
I interviewed end of October, last name is in the first quarter of the alphabet. I was called by a doctor I didn't meet on my interview day. She said congrats, that I can go on the portal tomorrow to accept, and about second look weekend. Congrats to everyone else who has gotten in so far, and good luck to the rest of you!!
can anyone copy the URL for the secondary portal? I accidentally deleted it and can't find my old e-mails that have it 😕
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Accepted just now! Sprinted out of a meeting at the office when I saw the 615 area code...calls are definitely still going out so just be patient!
For people who got the call, did they also mention scholarship?
For people who got the call, did they also mention scholarship?
It seems they did for @soccerusa , but no one else has mentioned it. I don't really think I'm qualified to be in contention, so I wasn't surprised not to be told. Maybe they're offering a small amount now and will offer more as the cycle moves forward?
They said when I interviewed that 75% of their students have the 75% tuition scholarship so I was curious
Just got the call!! So excited!
For those curious, there was no mention of scholarship.
For those curious, there was no mention of scholarship.
do you think they will call back or email if you don't pick up the first time or two?
i just realized my phone service was cut and had to reinitiate...i am really hoping i didn't miss any calls from them...
would they email you think?
They told me to log into my portal tomorrow to accept, so I think you can just check yours tomorrow?
Just got the call! Looks like I'll be back in Nashville for second look to get the hot chicken I never got to try and other bbq. Congrats to all.
Just got the call with a 75% tuition scholarship!
IN WITH A 75% SCHOLARSHIP!!!! Yayyyy and I bombed my interview too!
I JUST GOT THE CALL! AHH.
My pet theory for those still waiting on the west coast (or hawaii): they call after 10am so that you're awake. I got the call at 10:04!
My pet theory for those still waiting on the west coast (or hawaii): they call after 10am so that you're awake. I got the call at 10:04!
+1IN WITH A 75% SCHOLARSHIP!!!! Yayyyy and I bombed my interview too!
best. phone. call. ever.
Congratulations to all of you! What a wonderful news flash!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know if there was no mention of scholarship in the phone call, there is no chance of merit money later?
oh my!! I just got a voicemail from a 615 area code!! Has anyone had any success with calling them back if you missed their call?
EDIT: in the voicemail they left a message for me to call back, and I've been accepted with a 75% scholarship!!
Did they give you a number to call back? or did you just call admissions?
They did give me a number to call back. Did they leave you a voicemail?
Nope. Just called twice. When I try to call the number back it goes to an automated system that says the call could have come from anywhere at the medical center.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K