You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 Vanderbilt University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Just got an email that their meeting has been delayed because of the ice-storm. OMG PLEASE COME ON. I JUST WANT TO KNOW. My heart jumped. They literally titled the email "Admissions Status Update". Why couldn't they have titled it "Admissions Update Delay Due to Ice Storm" .... I just don't understand.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got the same email. I thought it was bad news since they only accept through phone call lol. not chill
I saw that one MSTP student was accepted mid-February---have there been others? My portal still says that a decision hasn't been made, but I don't know if I'm just waiting for a mail rejection (ahhhhhh).
I think its safe to assume that a decision hasn't been made yet. The latest email says wait list status will come via portal, I don't see why rejections won't go that way eitherI saw that one MSTP student was accepted mid-February---have there been others? My portal still says that a decision hasn't been made, but I don't know if I'm just waiting for a mail rejection (ahhhhhh).
This week is the week! Just got offered admission!!!! Interviewed 1/16
so it begins...
Just got the phone call! Interviewed 9/15
Accepted via phone call! Interviewed mid January!
Just missed a call from vanderbilt!!! Does anyone know if they'll call me back later in the day or should I try to reach out to the office of admissions??
Accepted (with scholarship!)
SOMEONE PINCH ME.
SOMEONE PINCH ME.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got the same scholarship in Dec. Feel free to PM me if you need some more info.Accepted with the Cornelius scholarship.
Holy mother of someone.
If anyone knows more about the Cornelius scholarship and can let me know, that'd be awesome 🙂
Vandy pls
I missed a call as well, tried to call the callback number left on voicemail but hit her voicemail twice instead. I'm reluctant to play phone tag... Haha
They don't call you to reject you 😉
Get pumped!
They don't call you to reject you 😉
Get pumped!
I'll vigorously play phone tag then 😛
losing hope...
Also kind of losing hope, but still trying to keep my fingers crossed. Best of luck to all of you!
Just called back and it's official!! Accepted ;')
To those accepted, does it say accepted on your portal too?
No, I was told over the phone that the portal would update tomorrowTo those accepted, does it say accepted on your portal too?
yeah, i still haven't received email notification
No, I was told over the phone that the portal would update tomorrow
To those accepted, does it say accepted on your portal too?
Did anyone else hear about scholarships or know if there are any more to go out post-acceptance?
Also curious about this. Also, I was ver excited to be accepted today.
Did anyone else hear about scholarships or know if there are any more to go out post-acceptance?
probably not helpful, but i received word of my (merit) scholarship at the same time as my acceptance...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
probably not helpful, but i received word of my (merit) scholarship at the same time as my acceptance...
+1. That is not to say they couldn't be given out at another time.
Anyone else's application portal 'under maintenance'?
Mine is :/Anyone else's application portal 'under maintenance'?
+2Anyone else's application portal 'under maintenance'?
I believe they take care of the hotel.Does anyone know if they help out with flights and hotel at all for second look? A flight alone for me would be $450 :/
Does anybody know when they'll be sending out second look information? I thought it was supposed to be last week.
I believe they take care of the hotel.
wait seriously?
wait seriously?
That was my understanding from talking to current students on my interview day. Of course, things can always change and the official email hasn't been sent out yet...
It was... I emailed and asked...Does anybody know when they'll be sending out second look information? I thought it was supposed to be last week.
waitlisted but keeping the faith with y'all.
How do you know!waitlisted but keeping the faith with y'all.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
wait they already sent out second look stuff?It was... I emailed and asked...
FYI, all: I got a call this afternoon (about 4pm) letting me know I was accepted and receiving a scholarship. Very thrilled. I interviewed in mid-December. Good luck to everyone!
Despite being accepted in December, I just got another congratulatory email from my interviewer. Such kind redundancy is appreciated.
Finally got the acceptance call after waiting all day yesterday and today with a knot in my stomach, jumping every time my phone made a noise. Ha ha.
waitlisted but keeping the faith with y'all.
you got an email??
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K