-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 Drexel University Application Thread
Started by Ismet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Congrats! Were you complete in late August too?II for Dec. Notified via email
Thanks! I'm not sure when it is marked completed. But I turned in 2nd in late August.Congrats! Were you complete in late August too?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey friends. I am a Drexel first year. I've been doing a couple interview day tours and stuff, and I was wondering if you guys had any particular questions about Drexel or general application stuff.
I feel like you should call if you are still waiting for a secondary. This was a problem for some people last year too I think.Should I call? Still waiting for a secondary.... 🙁
LizzyM 81R
AMCAS verified 8/9/1989 😉
Just got my letter in the mail today. I was unfortunately deferred. Wishing the best of luck to you guys waiting on your mail! 🙂
ACCEPTED!!! First one! I'm so excited!
Congrats!!!ACCEPTED!!! First one! I'm so excited!
Congrats to you!ACCEPTED!!! First one! I'm so excited!
Did you get a phone call?
Did it take a long time for you to hear from Drexel? Some of us have been waiting since August. And what do they look for in our secondaries? It was one of the most easiest secondaries...but makes me question if Drexel is stats driven if they look at applicants holistically.Hey friends. I am a Drexel first year. I've been doing a couple interview day tours and stuff, and I was wondering if you guys had any particular questions about Drexel or general application stuff.
No phone call! Status changed last friday (11/6) and the letter was dated 11/10.Congrats to you!
Did you get a phone call?
Hey friends. I am a Drexel first year. I've been doing a couple interview day tours and stuff, and I was wondering if you guys had any particular questions about Drexel or general application stuff.
Do you know what kind of grades you have to maintain after acceptance to Drexel before any red flags are raised/admission rescinded? I know each school is different, so I was hoping you had some insight on Drexel specifically
I've been "No decision" since August 4th. Ugh.
Same. :/
Okay, so after staring at my letter for a while and doing some searching on SDN (I haven't been able to find anyone in this current/past threads that have gotten this status), I'm a little more confused. I'm wondering if anyone can enlighten me a little bit about what exactly my status is right now. My letter from Drexel says that "Although impressed with your credentials, the Committee has elected to defer consideration at this time." It goes on to say that my file's being placed on an alternate list to be further compared to the applicant pool. They had me indicate whether or not I agreed to be put on a temporary alternate list and it says they'll let me know when a final decision has been made.
I'm confused as to whether or not this is the same thing as being waitlisted or whether this just means they're essentially taking a little longer to decide on me. Should I basically consider this as a rejection or is there still any hope? I'm going to mail my letter out tomorrow and indicate that I'd like to be placed on the alternate list, but I'm still a bit confused as to what exactly that entails. If any current students or applicants know about what this means, I'd be really appreciative if you could let me know!
I'm confused as to whether or not this is the same thing as being waitlisted or whether this just means they're essentially taking a little longer to decide on me. Should I basically consider this as a rejection or is there still any hope? I'm going to mail my letter out tomorrow and indicate that I'd like to be placed on the alternate list, but I'm still a bit confused as to what exactly that entails. If any current students or applicants know about what this means, I'd be really appreciative if you could let me know!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Was it a huge packet??? or if you are accepted, you first receive a letter, followed by a packet?ACCEPTED!!! First one! I'm so excited!
No phone call! Status changed last friday (11/6) and the letter was dated 11/10.
Also received acceptance over the weekend with the same dates! Letter was a larger packet of information.
did you receive a phonecall?Also received acceptance over the weekend with the same dates! Letter was a larger packet of information.
I just missed the phone call (voicemail left), but when I attempted to call back, the number did not work :-/. ETA: by it did not work, I mean that it went to someone else's voicemail.did you receive a phonecall?
Last edited:
I interviewed 10/26 and my status is "under review by ad com," anyone else in my shoes?
i've been stuck at under review by adcom member for almost 3 weeksI interviewed 10/26 and my status is "under review by ad com," anyone else in my shoes?
Okay, so after staring at my letter for a while and doing some searching on SDN (I haven't been able to find anyone in this current/past threads that have gotten this status), I'm a little more confused. I'm wondering if anyone can enlighten me a little bit about what exactly my status is right now. My letter from Drexel says that "Although impressed with your credentials, the Committee has elected to defer consideration at this time." It goes on to say that my file's being placed on an alternate list to be further compared to the applicant pool. They had me indicate whether or not I agreed to be put on a temporary alternate list and it says they'll let me know when a final decision has been made.
I'm confused as to whether or not this is the same thing as being waitlisted or whether this just means they're essentially taking a little longer to decide on me. Should I basically consider this as a rejection or is there still any hope? I'm going to mail my letter out tomorrow and indicate that I'd like to be placed on the alternate list, but I'm still a bit confused as to what exactly that entails. If any current students or applicants know about what this means, I'd be really appreciative if you could let me know!
Sounds like waitlist, my friend. A lot of my friends were taken off the waitlist, so do not view it as a rejection. Especially at this stage of the cycle
It will take a while unfortunately. You probably won't hear back until December if I had to guess.I interviewed 10/26 and my status is "under review by ad com," anyone else in my shoes?
I am not part of the admissions office other than doing some tours, so I do not know. Generally, I'd say stick to above 3.3-5 for the last couple semesters to be safe. If you want more specific answers, contact the admissions office. They won't recind you for asking about it. Sorry I am not much help on that one.Do you know what kind of grades you have to maintain after acceptance to Drexel before any red flags are raised/admission rescinded? I know each school is different, so I was hoping you had some insight on Drexel specifically
I got my secondary in early September if I remember correctly but I had to resubmit it due to some computer error in late September/October. It didn't take too long for them to invite me to an interview (it was in November, accepted in January). It has one of the easiest secondaries but they require you to write an essay in the interview which offsets the lack of a real essay in the secondary.Did it take a long time for you to hear from Drexel? Some of us have been waiting since August. And what do they look for in our secondaries? It was one of the most easiest secondaries...but makes me question if Drexel is stats driven if they look at applicants holistically.
Drexel is definitely not stats driven from my experience (you can see our average MCAT and GPA are not that high), but they like looking for people who "have personality." They also like people who have community service experience (which school doesn't though). Ancedotally, people here have all sorts of real life experience with interesting backgrounds and stories, so maybe the holistic thing is true.
Has anyone gotten the "Thank you for your interest in Drexel University College of Medicine. A decision has been reached on your application and a letter mailed to your preferred address." status before an interview or is this an automatic pre-interview rejection?
Has anyone gotten the "Thank you for your interest in Drexel University College of Medicine. A decision has been reached on your application and a letter mailed to your preferred address." status before an interview or is this an automatic pre-interview rejection?
I have this now too. I'm assuming its a big fat "no, but thank you" haha
Has anyone gotten the "Thank you for your interest in Drexel University College of Medicine. A decision has been reached on your application and a letter mailed to your preferred address." status before an interview or is this an automatic pre-interview rejection?
I have this now too. I'm assuming its a big fat "no, but thank you" haha
When were you complete?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When were you complete?
8/29
Deferred/Waitlisted 🙁
Ah I know that sucks. Like I said above, lots of people who are attending now were waitlisted. Drexel interviews a lot of people, so a good chunk get waitlisted. Hopefully there will be enough movement on the waitlist for you.Deferred/Waitlisted 🙁
I think that's for people post-interview. If you haven't interviewed, your decision would obviously not be an acceptance so I doubt they bother with that update.Where do you see this status? Is it under the To View Your Decision Click Here button? I've had silence since early August, so I wouldn't be surprised if I get this message soon.
Is anyone still sitting at "No decision is currently available."? I was complete early August and have yet to change from this status.
"Your file is and complete and will be reviewed." since Mid-August. Total Radio silence.
I got the "Thank you for your interest in Drexel University College of Medicine. A decision has been reached on your application and a letter mailed to your preferred address " but I never interviewed. I checked my mail but nothing. Does this mean it is a rejection? I will eventually be okay either ways I would just like to know if to expect a rejection or an interview lol.
When did you get that?I got the "Thank you for your interest in Drexel University College of Medicine. A decision has been reached on your application and a letter mailed to your preferred address " but I never interviewed. I checked my mail but nothing. Does this mean it is a rejection? I will eventually be okay either ways I would just like to know if to expect a rejection or an interview lol.
sometime between two days ago and today.When did you get that?
You mean you don't obsessively check the portal everyday? What sort of pre-med are you?!?!?sometime between two days ago and today.
LMAO! Good point! One that has already secured acceptances 🙂 I obsessively checked everyday prior though. hahaYou mean you don't obsessively check the portal everyday? What sort of pre-med are you?!?!?
Has anyone here sent an update letter post-interview yet? If so, did you get any reply or confirmation?
I sent one and only got an automatic reply from admissionsHas anyone here sent an update letter post-interview yet? If so, did you get any reply or confirmation?
To everyone who submitted the secondary--How long did it take to hear back about an II or rejection? Thanks =)
I received a II in about a full 4 weeks after I submitted secondary
To everyone who submitted the secondary--How long did it take to hear back about an II or rejection? Thanks =)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
To everyone who submitted the secondary--How long did it take to hear back about an II or rejection? Thanks =)
Submitted early August. I have been complete and under review for nearly 3 months at this point. Your results may vary.
12 weeks since I submitted my secondary... Still "is and complete." Come on, Drexel... 
I also have this message: "Thank you for your interest in Drexel University College of Medicine. A decision has been reached on your application and a letter mailed to your preferred address "
Is that just a pre-interview reject? Given I haven't gotten an II to drexel lol
Is that just a pre-interview reject? Given I haven't gotten an II to drexel lol
At least you're under review! I submitted early August, too, and have been at the "no decision" status for over three months. Blech.Submitted early August. I have been complete and under review for nearly 3 months at this point. Your results may vary.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K