-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 Drexel University Application Thread
Started by Ismet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I'm interviewing at Drexel next Monday. Could any of you who have already interviewed describe your experience please?
Thanks!
Definitely very casual. You sign in at the office and then wait with the other interviewees (12-16ish, can't remember) in a small conference room. There was only one admissions staff member to meet with us the entire day. We received a packet with our individual schedules and some info about the program. Afterwards, there's a brief around-the-room introduction and a PowerPoint presentation about some of the resources and opportunities at Drexel.
The day then splits up into four 30-minute blocks: interview with faculty, listening in on a lecture, short ethical writing prompt, and 30 min break. Your interviewer's name and the order you do the blocks is listed on your schedule. My interview was extremely laid back and we just talked about my education, work experiences, and family. I'm sure this varies a lot depending on the interviewer, though.
Lastly, you have a tour with current students and lunch at the food area. I'd hesitate to call it a full cafeteria/food court since there's only one real station. You get a slip of paper worth $7. Our two tour guides were both MS-1s and just started recently - one IFM, one PIL. I wish we could have met other students or students from different years for different perspectives.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Still on "no decision". Complete 8/28. Leh sigh.
Still on "no decision". Complete 8/28. Leh sigh.
+1. Maybe they threw away my application by mistake? -_-
+2+1. Maybe they threw away my application by mistake? -_-
Has anyone who got the "decision" status on Friday received a call today? (I'm freaking myself out for no reason. So silly.)
Hi everyone,
Does anyone what kind of grades you have to maintain after acceptance to Drexel before any red flags are raised/admission rescinded? I know each school is different, so I was hoping someone had some insight on Drexel specifically
Does anyone what kind of grades you have to maintain after acceptance to Drexel before any red flags are raised/admission rescinded? I know each school is different, so I was hoping someone had some insight on Drexel specifically
Hi everyone,
Does anyone what kind of grades you have to maintain after acceptance to Drexel before any red flags are raised/admission rescinded? I know each school is different, so I was hoping someone had some insight on Drexel specifically
Curious about this as well. I know B's would fine 100% fine, I'm sure a C would be fine, but a whole course load of C's might draw some attention.
Anyone here who interviewed around late Oct/early Nov whose status on the portal still says "Your interview has been scheduled. We look forward to meeting you."? Worried that it's been more than ~1 week without a change in status post-interview.
Anyone here who interviewed around late Oct/early Nov whose status on the portal still says "Your interview has been scheduled. We look forward to meeting you."? Worried that it's been more than ~1 week without a change in status post-interview.
I interviewed last Thursday and checked my status yesterday, which was "Your file is currently under review by a member of the admissions committee and will be sent to committee shortly. No decision has yet been made regarding your admission status to Drexel University." Not sure exactly which day it changed, but it happened sometime between Thursday-Monday.
Anyone here who interviewed around late Oct/early Nov whose status on the portal still says "Your interview has been scheduled. We look forward to meeting you."? Worried that it's been more than ~1 week without a change in status post-interview.
I had that for a week or two after the interview, no worries
Anyone here who interviewed around late Oct/early Nov whose status on the portal still says "Your interview has been scheduled. We look forward to meeting you."? Worried that it's been more than ~1 week without a change in status post-interview.
Mine said the same thing but just changed to "Thank you for visiting Drexel's Queen Lane campus. We hope that your day at Drexel answered all of your questions about our programs. Continue to check this site for status updates. Please email or call us with any questions" last night. It took a week, probably doesn't mean anything though.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Not yet!Has anyone who got the "decision" status on Friday received a call today? (I'm freaking myself out for no reason. So silly.)
Complete 9/15. Any idea when I may get a status change from "is and complete"?
I was complete 8/12 and am still waiting.Complete 9/15. Any idea when I may get a status change from "is and complete"?
mid-july and same status....Complete 9/15. Any idea when I may get a status change from "is and complete"?
Mid-August and same status. And I thought I was frustrated, you both have it worse than me!mid-july and same status....

Thanks for the reply! 3 months may not be realistic for me then.
It seems like they're just not sending out pre-interview rejections. Maybe there will be a massive purge at some point? Super frustrating.
I applied first week of Sept last year and got the "put on hold until Spring" email 5 days later... I def think they're behind this year, but frankly I stopped following last year after that.It seems like they're just not sending out pre-interview rejections. Maybe there will be a massive purge at some point? Super frustrating.
EDIT: went back to last year's thread and compared so far to this year. They both seem similar with some really holds going out. If this is in any way true, then we should see both more II's and holds coming out next week or the week after. It also seems last year applicants were told to expect to hear back within 3 months. I didn't see that this year.
Last edited:
Interviewed early October and still have this status . . . .Anyone here who interviewed around late Oct/early Nov whose status on the portal still says "Your interview has been scheduled. We look forward to meeting you."? Worried that it's been more than ~1 week without a change in status post-interview.
+mid-july and same status....
JUST GOT II! In state complete 09/10. SO HAPPY!
congrats to those with II!
Been complete since mid august and still "is and complete". Trying not to lose hope!
Been complete since mid august and still "is and complete". Trying not to lose hope!
congrats to those with II!
Been complete since mid august and still "is and complete". Trying not to lose hope!
Same. I'm sure we're next.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
.
Last edited:
where do you see the "is and complete" I've been at "no decision is currently available" for months.just switched to "is and complete"
grammar? is this med school?
.
Last edited:
Mine changed a week ago and got the interview todaythat's what i switched from
Many interviews.
Rushes to check the portal.
"Is And Complete". Dies.
Rushes to check the portal.
"Is And Complete". Dies.
This x 10000000.Many interviews.
Rushes to check the portal.
"Is And Complete". Dies.
More like rushes to check the portal. "No decision is currently available". Shrugs. 

I've been "No decision" since August 4th. Ugh.
Checked my portal this morning to find a II! Definitely a pleasant surprise on this rainy Thursday morning.
Complete late August, OOS, Lizzy M ~70. Super stoked to have finally heard from one of the Philly Triplets.
Complete late August, OOS, Lizzy M ~70. Super stoked to have finally heard from one of the Philly Triplets.
Status changed online today: "The Admissions Committee has reached a decision on your application. A letter will be mailed to your preferred address."
Interviewed 10/16. It took about 2 weeks for the committee member to submit all of the required info and was under review afterwards for about a week.
I'm guessing it'll be another 1-2 weeks before I get my letter based on what others have said.
+1 but interviewed 10/15
*Fingers crossed*
+2 and interviewed 10/7. So we decided there's no difference between "decision" and "final decision," correct? [emoji1]
+3 and I interviewed 10/28, so that's crazy fast. D:
Anyone get their letter yet? Just saw my status today but I hadn't been checking it frequently. Interviewed same week as Xerei so I'm thinking it probably updated at the same time.
Waiting for II's like
I too have been is and complete for 7 years.Under review/no decision is currently available.. For 85 months now. (Early August)![]()
Anyone get their letter yet? Just saw my status today but I hadn't been checking it frequently. Interviewed same week as Xerei so I'm thinking it probably updated at the same time.
No call or letter yet! 🙁
Me neither! Still waiting. Maybe some good news tomorrow? Hopefully?No call or letter yet! 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone get their letter yet? Just saw my status today but I hadn't been checking it frequently. Interviewed same week as Xerei so I'm thinking it probably updated at the same time.
No call or letter yet! 🙁
Me neither! Still waiting. Maybe some good news tomorrow? Hopefully?
Same, just got the status update, no call or mail yet D:
Just got an II today for Dec. 1. Complete late August.
Via email or portal? And congrats!
Thanks!! Notified via email. I didn't check the portal for quite awhile thoughVia email or portal? And congrats!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K