2015-2016 Drexel University Application Thread

Started by Ismet
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My status changed to "reached a decision" on Friday, crossing my fingers, still waiting for that letter. Does the phone call come first if it is an acceptance?
Kinda depends on where you live and speed of mail. I happened to get my letter the same day as phone call, but the admissions officer said it seemed to be about 50/50 for getting letters before vs. after. I live on the west coast if that helps.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My status as of today..."Your file is and complete and will be reviewed"

I have to say I'm kind of happy to see this. I'm not sure I could handle another pre-interview hold or rejection right now.
 
II recently! Has anyone tried their Bed and Breakfast options?
I stayed with Tea and her husband, they live a street parallel to the queens campus (like a five minute walk). They are the nicest people ever. Tea wakes up early to cook a delish breakfast and offers to drive you to the interview if it's nasty weather. They are quite knowledgable of the area if you have any questions!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So... My portal says "Thank your for your deposit. Your place in the entering class is being held for you." But I haven't been told that I was accepted. Nor have I paid an additional deposit. Does anyone else have this?
 
So... My portal says "Thank your for your deposit. Your place in the entering class is being held for you." But I haven't been told that I was accepted. Nor have I paid an additional deposit. Does anyone else have this?
False alarm! Somehow I entered into the wrong account! I guess we have similar ID and PIN numbers... Oops. My application still hasn't been sent to the committee yet. Well, congrats to whoever had that acceptance. :smack:
 
I've been getting numerous "on-hold for Spring" decisions lately. Is this another way of rejecting me?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Also on hold for spring review.. Someone else has already asked, but does anyone know if this means you still have a chance of interview come spring? Thanks!
 
Congrats!
Just checked my portal. Still at "is complete...". 🙁
FWIW, based on last year's thread, they were still giving out II's in February. It seems like Drexel gets a **** ton of applications and takes a looooong while to get to some of them. Good luck!
 
Held for review in Spring... was going to check out the new "is complete" message...
complete end of August
 
Does Drexel accept update letters? If so, y'all know a preferred email? Avoiding calling to bother them if possible! haha
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
After months of is and complete, I just looked and saw
"Thank you for your application. Your file has been reviewed by a member of our Admissions Committee. While we have decided not to invite you for an interview at this time, we would like to re-evaluate your application again in the spring should interview spots remain. We have many completed applications to review and wish to hold on a final decision on your application until later in the cycle. Again, thank you for your interest in Drexel College of Medicine."