2015-2016 Drexel University Application Thread

Started by Ismet
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status just changed to "Your file is currently under review by the admissions committee. No decision has yet been made regarding your admission status to Drexel University."

I interviewed first week of December. Do files generally get sent to committee so quickly? Or is it due to holding multiple committees according to a previous post?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They send out pre-interview rejections via snail mail?? Anyone know if pre-interview rejections also show up on the online status page?

Not always, but apparently this time they did! And yes, the portal changed to say that a letter had been sent to the applicant's address. If you go back to posts from the end of November you'll see a bunch of people who were rejected this way.
 
Not always, but apparently this time they did! And yes, the portal changed to say that a letter had been sent to the applicant's address. If you go back to posts from the end of November you'll see a bunch of people who were rejected this way.
Thanks for clarifying, @mcatjelly !
 
Status just changed to "Your file is currently under review by the admissions committee. No decision has yet been made regarding your admission status to Drexel University."

I interviewed first week of December. Do files generally get sent to committee so quickly? Or is it due to holding multiple committees according to a previous post?

I think it's due to the multiple committee meetings, I'd guess that they're trying to get through as many apps as possible before they take a break for the holidays. I interviewed early November and barely got that status this week too.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I interviewed 11/16, but it says my application hasn't been sent to committee yet. Could it have been passed over if someone from 11/30 already has a decision? Does this mean that I am probably on hold?
 
Has anyone who's been placed on the waitlist sent Drexel a letter of interest/intent? If so, which email address did you end up sending it to?
 
Complete 9/30 and file is still at "is and complete." Has anyone complete after me heard back/
 
I filled out my secondary a while ago but had emailed admissions to clarify how to fill out the competencies.

Were we supposed to list for EACH COURSE, a maximum of THREE competencies (i.e. for Biology class with Lab, the competency would be Biology and Lab)

or

Were we supposed to list for EACH COMPETENCY, a maximum of three courses (i.e. for Biology, we list three bio classes?)

thanks!
 
I filled out my secondary a while ago but had emailed admissions to clarify how to fill out the competencies.

Were we supposed to list for EACH COURSE, a maximum of THREE competencies (i.e. for Biology class with Lab, the competency would be Biology and Lab)

or

Were we supposed to list for EACH COMPETENCY, a maximum of three courses (i.e. for Biology, we list three bio classes?)

thanks!

I did it for each competency.
 
My status has been "is and complete" and then "is complete and will be reviewed" since September, and sometime over the last weekend, it switched to "No decision is currently available. Please continue checking this website for updates." This morning I looked again, and it has switched back to "is complete and will be reviewed." What in the world is going on with my application, and has this happened for anyone else? 😵
 
My status has been "is and complete" and then "is complete and will be reviewed" since September, and sometime over the last weekend, it switched to "No decision is currently available. Please continue checking this website for updates." This morning I looked again, and it has switched back to "is complete and will be reviewed." What in the world is going on with my application, and has this happened for anyone else? 😵
No decision is currently available status since 8/28 when I was complete. Stone cold silence
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I interviewed 11/16, but it says my application hasn't been sent to committee yet. Could it have been passed over if someone from 11/30 already has a decision? Does this mean that I am probably on hold?
Hey, I think I might know who you are 🙂 I interviewed 11/16 as well and I've been "under review by the adcom" for about a week and a half now. It took me almost three weeks to get to "under review by a member of the adcom" and then I was stuck there for a while too. I really don't think the speed of post-interview decisions has to do with any factors other than how quickly your interviewer and then adcom member can get your file together, and even with doubling committee meetings I bet they're pretty swamped trying to get through decisions before the holidays. So I don't think it means anything other than the process isn't strictly linear. Best of luck to you!
 
My status has been "is and complete" and then "is complete and will be reviewed" since September, and sometime over the last weekend, it switched to "No decision is currently available. Please continue checking this website for updates." This morning I looked again, and it has switched back to "is complete and will be reviewed." What in the world is going on with my application, and has this happened for anyone else? 😵
I was at "is and complete" for months (submitted in late August) and then in early December my status switched to "a letter has been mailed," which I assumed was a pre-II rejection. But then within a day it switched back to "is and complete." About a week went by, never got a letter, then got an II via portal (no email) shortly thereafter! Moral of the story: I think status switches like that might just be glitches? Drexel's system seems a little wonky sometimes.
 
Has anyone from the December 8 interview date heard back? Anyone got the "decision made" status on their portal?
 
I was at "is and complete" for months (submitted in late August) and then in early December my status switched to "a letter has been mailed," which I assumed was a pre-II rejection. But then within a day it switched back to "is and complete." About a week went by, never got a letter, then got an II via portal (no email) shortly thereafter! Moral of the story: I think status switches like that might just be glitches? Drexel's system seems a little wonky sometimes.
Haha, wonky indeed.
Here's hoping that going back and forth means they're at least looking at it and not throwing it away. 😛
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It says "The admissions committee has reached a decision on your application. A letter will be mailed to your preferred address"
That's really fast. Have you noticed any stt in between, like being seen under a member of committee, or by ad committee? If it goes straight to decision made, I think might be glitch in system like many ppl have said in this thread