2015-2016 East Carolina University (Brody) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ismet

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Space reserved for prompt.

Please PM the essays or lack thereof to me when the secondary is available and I will update this.

Good luck to everyone applying! :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Spoke to the admissions officer, I think they said they wouldn't send out until Monday because of the holiday weekend. If you're a NC resident, you'll get a guaranteed secondary though!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
@WFU2015 Yes, they only take NC residents. I believe that, if any non-NC resident has applied, they eliminate them by not giving them a secondary.

@Tsharp91 That's odd... I wouldn't bother filling it out, unless you're trying to claim residency. They're pretty clear that they only accept NC residents.

@Tsharp91 That's odd... I wouldn't bother filling it out, unless you're trying to claim residency. They're pretty clear that they only accept NC residents.
Yea I even emailed them and they said they are only accepting NC residents. But I might pursue it anyway. Odd though they won't take OS students unless they are a private school which then they makes sense. Oh well wait and see I guess

What's up with them asking what other schools we are sending secondaries to?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hoping I get a secondary today sometime today too :wideyed:

I just got my secondary and I'm a reapplicant. The secondary is the same as last year:

Please use this area to submit a composition of 30-500 words which reflects your reasons for desiring to study medicine, your future professional aspirations, your most significant clinical experience, and also your most meaningful non-medical experience. Please DO NOT copy and paste your AMCAS essay.

Kind of stumped by this prompt. Everything they ask is practically included in my personal statement... any suggestions?
Just rewrite the AMCAS essay with those same experiences but put it in different words and make it more concise. Or pick different experiences so you can show the committee you're not a one trick pony. I picked different experiences.

@shweetz911 I would say it's fine, I don't think they'll care much, as the box only counter characters.

I know right? To be honest, I'm tempted to leave it blank. But then that might look bad.
I thought about that too! But they know that no one applies to only one school so will they assume it's a lie?

Does anyone have any idea what they are getting at with this question??

-Okay I called them and they said they are asking what schools you applied to! lol

Last edited:
Congrats brother! Did you have all your LORs in if I may ask?
Yes sir. I got an e-mail Friday of last week saying that my secondary application had been recorded and was under review and then an interview invite this evening. Good luck to everyone else waiting to hear!!

Yes sir. I got an e-mail Friday of last week saying that my secondary application had been recorded and was under review and then an interview invite this evening. Good luck to everyone else waiting to hear!!
When is your interview scheduled for?

When is your interview scheduled for?
They said they are currently scheduling interviews for August 25th-27, AM and PM sessions. They wanted to know my top 3 choices for times and said they would get back to me in a couple of days with a confirmation.

They said they are currently scheduling interviews for August 25th-27, AM and PM sessions. They wanted to know my top 3 choices for times and said they would get back to me in a couple of days with a confirmation.
Thanks for the info. Good luck to you!!

Got an interview! Submitted primary 6/2, recieved secondary 7/6, submitted secondary 7/7, recieved secondary confirmation 7/10
Congrats! Is your interview for the end of August or are they scheduling into Sept. now?

Does anyone have the "Your application is being reviewed" status up/how long has it been there?

Does anyone have the "Your application is being reviewed" status up/how long has it been there?
That's what mine says. My status changed to that this morning after my committee letter was received by AMCAS. It makes me nervous.

@Herewego5 I swear we go to the same school, my committee letter just made it in two days ago. Mine changed to that status yesterday...fingers crossed! Makes me so nervous haha. I need to stop clicking refresh.

@Herewego5 I swear we go to the same school, my committee letter just made it in two days ago. Mine changed to that status yesterday...fingers crossed! Makes me so nervous haha. I need to stop clicking refresh.
We probably do! My neurotic side is coming out. I'm so nervous that I'm going to log into my email and have a rejection notice haha. I really want to stay in state so the NC schools make me sooo nervous!

Last edited:
Yes! I'm totally in the same boat - and all four in-state schools are such amazing options. My palms always sweat every time I get an inbox notification.

Yes! I'm totally in the same boat - and all four in-state schools are such amazing options. My palms always sweat every time I get an inbox notification.
Glad I'm not the only one. Good luck! I'll cross my fingers that we both get interviews at Brody! :)

Relax :) . They interview over half of those who submitted a secondary.

As of May 27, 2015, we have .....
  • Received 982 AMCAS applications
  • Received 900 Supplementary applications
  • Interviewed 481 applicants
  • Made 123 offers
    (Generally it takes 120-135 offers to fill a class. This website will only be updated now on an as-needed basis.)

Relax :) . They interview over half of those who submitted a secondary.

As of May 27, 2015, we have .....
  • Received 982 AMCAS applications
  • Received 900 Supplementary applications
  • Interviewed 481 applicants
  • Made 123 offers
    (Generally it takes 120-135 offers to fill a class. This website will only be updated now on an as-needed basis.)
Haha I actually looked at that earlier and freaked out when I saw that they had received 982 AMCAS applications... then I realized it was the data from the previous cycle! It is reassuring to know that they interview half of all the applicants that apply. :)

Reactions: 1 users
Interview is scheduled! Verified 6/25, Secondary Submitted 7/10, Letters Recieved 7/15, II 7/21

Interview invite here too! I submitted AMCAS pretty early but as a June MCAT taker I had to wait to be fully reviewed until my scores were sent in on the 21st. Scheduling options seem to be first week of September.

LizzyM of 72.5

"Your application has been reviewed. If you are selected for an interview you will be notified by e-mail. Thank you for your patience." as of 7/15/15 with no changes since... Congrats to those with II's! Keeping my fingers crossed