You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 East Carolina University (Brody) Application Thread
Started by Ismet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
anybody get a secondary yet?
Spoke to the admissions officer, I think they said they wouldn't send out until Monday because of the holiday weekend. If you're a NC resident, you'll get a guaranteed secondary though!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@WFU2015 Yes, they only take NC residents. I believe that, if any non-NC resident has applied, they eliminate them by not giving them a secondary.
weird cause im out of state and I got a secondary?@WFU2015 Yes, they only take NC residents. I believe that, if any non-NC resident has applied, they eliminate them by not giving them a secondary.
@Tsharp91 That's odd... I wouldn't bother filling it out, unless you're trying to claim residency. They're pretty clear that they only accept NC residents.
Yea I even emailed them and they said they are only accepting NC residents. But I might pursue it anyway. Odd though they won't take OS students unless they are a private school which then they makes sense. Oh well wait and see I guess@Tsharp91 That's odd... I wouldn't bother filling it out, unless you're trying to claim residency. They're pretty clear that they only accept NC residents.
What's up with them asking what other schools we are sending secondaries to?
Did you get a secondary?What's up with them asking what other schools we are sending secondaries to?
yeah just got one broDid you get a secondary?
Just got one too bro haha @itsallgood123
Hoping I get a secondary today sometime today too 
I know right? To be honest, I'm tempted to leave it blank. But then that might look bad.What's up with them asking what other schools we are sending secondaries to?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just got my secondary and I'm a reapplicant. The secondary is the same as last year:
Please use this area to submit a composition of 30-500 words which reflects your reasons for desiring to study medicine, your future professional aspirations, your most significant clinical experience, and also your most meaningful non-medical experience. Please DO NOT copy and paste your AMCAS essay.
Please use this area to submit a composition of 30-500 words which reflects your reasons for desiring to study medicine, your future professional aspirations, your most significant clinical experience, and also your most meaningful non-medical experience. Please DO NOT copy and paste your AMCAS essay.
-
Last edited:
Just rewrite the AMCAS essay with those same experiences but put it in different words and make it more concise. Or pick different experiences so you can show the committee you're not a one trick pony. I picked different experiences.Kind of stumped by this prompt. Everything they ask is practically included in my personal statement... any suggestions?
.
Last edited:
.
Last edited:
@shweetz911 I would say it's fine, I don't think they'll care much, as the box only counter characters.
I thought about that too! But they know that no one applies to only one school so will they assume it's a lie?I know right? To be honest, I'm tempted to leave it blank. But then that might look bad.
Does anyone have any idea what they are getting at with this question??
-Okay I called them and they said they are asking what schools you applied to! lol
Last edited:
.
Last edited:
Interview Invite just received!!
That's awesome! Congrats!Interview Invite just received!!
Interview Invite just received!!
Congrats brother! Did you have all your LORs in if I may ask?
Yes sir. I got an e-mail Friday of last week saying that my secondary application had been recorded and was under review and then an interview invite this evening. Good luck to everyone else waiting to hear!!Congrats brother! Did you have all your LORs in if I may ask?
When is your interview scheduled for?Yes sir. I got an e-mail Friday of last week saying that my secondary application had been recorded and was under review and then an interview invite this evening. Good luck to everyone else waiting to hear!!
They said they are currently scheduling interviews for August 25th-27, AM and PM sessions. They wanted to know my top 3 choices for times and said they would get back to me in a couple of days with a confirmation.When is your interview scheduled for?
Thanks for the info. Good luck to you!!They said they are currently scheduling interviews for August 25th-27, AM and PM sessions. They wanted to know my top 3 choices for times and said they would get back to me in a couple of days with a confirmation.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
.
Last edited:
Congrats! Is your interview for the end of August or are they scheduling into Sept. now?Got an interview! Submitted primary 6/2, recieved secondary 7/6, submitted secondary 7/7, recieved secondary confirmation 7/10
.
Last edited:
Thanks! Good luck in your interview!!End of Aug, good luck to you!
Interview Invite just received!!
Got an interview! Recieved secondary 7/6, submitted secondary 7/8, recieved secondary confirmation 7/10
Congrats! Do y'all mind sharing your stats?
Sure, 29 MCAT and 3.9 GPACongrats! Do y'all mind sharing your stats?
-Congrats! Do y'all mind sharing your stats?
Last edited:
Does anyone have the "Your application is being reviewed" status up/how long has it been there?
That's what mine says. My status changed to that this morning after my committee letter was received by AMCAS. It makes me nervous.Does anyone have the "Your application is being reviewed" status up/how long has it been there?
@Herewego5 I swear we go to the same school, my committee letter just made it in two days ago. Mine changed to that status yesterday...fingers crossed! Makes me so nervous haha. I need to stop clicking refresh.
We probably do! My neurotic side is coming out. I'm so nervous that I'm going to log into my email and have a rejection notice haha. I really want to stay in state so the NC schools make me sooo nervous!@Herewego5 I swear we go to the same school, my committee letter just made it in two days ago. Mine changed to that status yesterday...fingers crossed! Makes me so nervous haha. I need to stop clicking refresh.
Last edited:
Yes! I'm totally in the same boat - and all four in-state schools are such amazing options. My palms always sweat every time I get an inbox notification.
Glad I'm not the only one. Good luck! I'll cross my fingers that we both get interviews at Brody! 🙂Yes! I'm totally in the same boat - and all four in-state schools are such amazing options. My palms always sweat every time I get an inbox notification.
Relax 🙂 . They interview over half of those who submitted a secondary.
As of May 27, 2015, we have .....
As of May 27, 2015, we have .....
- Received 982 AMCAS applications
- Received 900 Supplementary applications
- Interviewed 481 applicants
- Made 123 offers
(Generally it takes 120-135 offers to fill a class. This website will only be updated now on an as-needed basis.)
Haha I actually looked at that earlier and freaked out when I saw that they had received 982 AMCAS applications... then I realized it was the data from the previous cycle! It is reassuring to know that they interview half of all the applicants that apply. 🙂Relax 🙂 . They interview over half of those who submitted a secondary.
As of May 27, 2015, we have .....
- Received 982 AMCAS applications
- Received 900 Supplementary applications
- Interviewed 481 applicants
- Made 123 offers
(Generally it takes 120-135 offers to fill a class. This website will only be updated now on an as-needed basis.)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Lol might seem like a dumb question but what is 'II'? Thanks
Interview invite 🙂Lol might seem like a dumb question but what is 'II'? Thanks
"Your application has been reviewed. If you are selected for an interview you will be notified by e-mail. Thank you for your patience." as of 7/15/15 with no changes since... Congrats to those with II's! Keeping my fingers crossed
