-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 East Carolina University (Brody) Application Thread
Started by Ismet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Do I need to put all my secondaries down? I applied to some really super reach schools. I don't want Brody to think they're my backup... because they aren't. :/
Got my II just now!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats!!Got my II just now!!!
That's awesome, congrats!! Email right? When do you interview?Got my II just now!!!
@Herewego5 @formerphoenix thank y'all! Yes, it was an email. I'm not sure yet when it will be because I had to give three dates in order of preference, but I'm hoping for mid-September!
That's when I'll be there!@Herewego5 @formerphoenix thank y'all! Yes, it was an email. I'm not sure yet when it will be because I had to give three dates in order of preference, but I'm hoping for mid-September!
It's so weird to think that you guys might go to the same undergrad/graduate schools as me right now because this school is all IS and yet I have no idea who you are.
Well we know who you are. That new couch looks great by the way.
I know today was the first day of interviews at Brody. If anyone interviewed there today I'm sure everyone would appreciate any advice you have or any thoughts on the interview process. I hope everyone has successful interviews in the upcoming weeks!!
Just bumping this comment as I'm also curious what everyone thought of their interview. Tell us your secrets!
Edit = Also, what does semi-blind mean? What info do they have and not have?
Last edited:
Yes, please tell us. I got an II and I'm curious to see what you all thought during your visits! 🙂Just bumping this comment as I'm also curious what everyone thought of their interview. Tell us your secrets!
.
Last edited:
I just had my interview and there is absolutely nothing to worry about. For the most part they ask the most common med school interview questions that youre expecting and its so conversational as everyone has said. There are a few ethical questions that you can answer in any way as long as you coherently support your opinion and position on the issue. No way to prepare for this but dont worry its very doable. They really just want to get to know you and see who you are as a person and not an application. Everyone there is so nice and will stop in the hallway to make sure youre enjoying your day and to share their experiences. You won't have a more comfortable and enjoyable interview experience than this.
Do I need to put all my secondaries down? I applied to some really super reach schools. I don't want Brody to think they're my backup... because they aren't. :/
I put all of them down, and I had 21 others. I thought the same thing you are thinking, but then I got an II, so I guess they didn't really care. Not really sure why they ask that question, but I figured it was definitely better to be excessively honest and just list them all.
The interview was not stressful at all. Everyone there is super friendly and helpful. The interview itself was conversational in nature. It's a fantastic school, I couldn't find a single thing that I didn't like about it to be honest. The interviews are semi-blind in that all they have is your name, GPA, and your undergrad school
I just had my interview and there is absolutely nothing to worry about. For the most part they ask the most common med school interview questions that youre expecting and its so conversational as everyone has said. There are a few ethical questions that you can answer in any way as long as you coherently support your opinion and position on the issue. No way to prepare for this but dont worry its very doable. They really just want to get to know you and see who you are as a person and not an application. Everyone there is so nice and will stop in the hallway to make sure youre enjoying your day and to share their experiences. You won't have a more comfortable and enjoyable interview experience than this.
For myself and others who may have an interview coming up, which hotel did you guys stay at? Did you take taxis from your hotel to the building on campus where the interviews were conducted, or were you able to walk? Any advice for travel/lodging? Thanks! Hope you interviews went well!
For myself and others who may have an interview coming up, which hotel did you guys stay at? Did you take taxis from your hotel to the building on campus where the interviews were conducted, or were you able to walk? Any advice for travel/lodging? Thanks! Hope you interviews went well!
I was close to Greenville and just drove, but have you looked into student hosting? I never asked so I'm not sure if they do that, but ECU is super helpful it seems so I would harbor a guess that they have that ...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I booked at the Microtel Inn & Suites. It's supposed to be pretty close to the school but I'll let you know for sure next week.For myself and others who may have an interview coming up, which hotel did you guys stay at? Did you take taxis from your hotel to the building on campus where the interviews were conducted, or were you able to walk? Any advice for travel/lodging? Thanks! Hope you interviews went well!
I booked at the Microtel Inn & Suites. It's supposed to be pretty close to the school but I'll let you know for sure next week.
Microtel is super close! It's literally across the street from the school
That's great news! I thought it was right across from the school but I wasn't 100% sure. Thanks for the info!Microtel is super close! It's literally across the street from the school
Did anyone get, "Your application has been reviewed. If you are selected for an interview you will be notified by e-mail. Thank you for your patience" before an II?
Hope I see some of y'all there tomorrow! 
II today!!!
..
Last edited:
"Your application has been reviewed. If you are selected for an interview you will be notified by e-mail. Thank you for your patience." as of 7/15/15 with no changes since... Congrats to those with II's! Keeping my fingers crossed
Did anyone get, "Your application has been reviewed. If you are selected for an interview you will be notified by e-mail. Thank you for your patience" before an II?
Any updates on what this means? I am in the same boat.
I believe all apps have that before an II - that's what mine said up until I heard. Just a generic under review status 🙂Any updates on what this means? I am in the same boat.
So you got the same, literally the same (very important that it's the same) message before getting and II for this school? Not the being "under review" status.I believe all apps have that before an II - that's what mine said up until I heard. Just a generic under review status 🙂
I can't be sure, it might have said "You are under review and you will be notified of an II". I'm sorry! They interview half of candidates, I think. I'm sure you'll get one!So you got the same, literally the same (very important that it's the same) message before getting and II for this school? Not the being "under review" status.
Mine said "your application is being reviewed" until the day I got the e-mail for my II. Like @arabella_fig said, they interview half of the candidates. At another school I received a II they called me to schedule my interview while others got theirs via e-mail so it might not be the same for everyone.I can't be sure, it might have said "You are under review and you will be notified of an II". I'm sorry! They interview half of candidates, I think. I'm sure you'll get one!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I sent them an update letter, so hopefully this will help them change their minds about sticking me in a desk drawer. Lol
II today around lunch! So excited
Nice! When were you complete?II today around lunch! So excited
7/23Nice! When were you complete?
.
Last edited:
Do post-interview acceptances/waitlists/rejections come by mail or email once October 15 rolls around?
I think they said they were doing everything via e-mail now (if I'm remembering correctly).Do post-interview acceptances/waitlists/rejections come by mail or email once October 15 rolls around?
Interview here in the near future, my first one of the cycle and I'm grossly under-prepared as my next interview isn't until January and this one came pretty out of the blue. Cramming to study my app, healthcare news/ethics, and plan out some of the common question answers and stories I might tell. I'm pretty comfortable with interviews in general but feel like I'll be somewhat winging this one out of necessity.
Any last minute advice for me from anyone who has already interviewed here or even at another school? Thanks in advance!
Any last minute advice for me from anyone who has already interviewed here or even at another school? Thanks in advance!
Last edited:
I haven't interviewed yet this year but I interviewed with Brody last year and I would say that this will be a great place to have your first interview. The entire experience is fairly laid back. As others on this thread have mentioned, it is very conversational. Good luck and don't over-stress!Interview here on Tuesday, my first one of the cycle and I'm grossly under-prepared as my next interview isn't until January and this one came pretty out of the blue. Cramming to study my app, healthcare news/ethics, and plan out some of the common question answers and stories I might tell. I'm pretty comfortable with interviews in general but feel like I'll be somewhat winging this one out of necessity.
Any last minute advice for me from anyone who has already interviewed here or even at another school? Thanks in advance!
I haven't interviewed yet this year but I interviewed with Brody last year and I would say that this will be a great place to have your first interview. The entire experience is fairly laid back. As others on this thread have mentioned, it is very conversational. Good luck and don't over-stress!
Awesome, that's great to hear! Really calms my nerves haha
Thanks!
dont stress you'll be fine! know your app, talk about your passions and be prepared to answer why Brody. The interviewers want to get know you so try and be yourself (nervousness is ok, we've all been there). M1's are testing all week, so we might seem like zombies but I'm sure a few of us will stop by to say hello. Good luck!Interview here on Tuesday, my first one of the cycle and I'm grossly under-prepared as my next interview isn't until January and this one came pretty out of the blue. Cramming to study my app, healthcare news/ethics, and plan out some of the common question answers and stories I might tell. I'm pretty comfortable with interviews in general but feel like I'll be somewhat winging this one out of necessity.
Any last minute advice for me from anyone who has already interviewed here or even at another school? Thanks in advance!
dont stress you'll be fine! know your app, talk about your passions and be prepared to answer why Brody. The interviewers want to get know you so try and be yourself (nervousness is ok, we've all been there). M1's are testing all week, so we might seem like zombies but I'm sure a few of us will stop by to say hello. Good luck!
Thanks! Good luck on exams
When is the first day people start hearing back again? Is it October 15th?
When is the first day people start hearing back again? Is it October 15th?
Yeah I think so. Although I was told that most people hear something 2-3 months after the interview, unless they "really like you."
I think someone in last years forum said they interviewed in Sept/Oct and didn't hear a peep from ECU until they were accepted in April. It looked like a few applicants were accepted Oct. 16th/17th(ish) and then some other acceptances went out Nov. 7th.Yeah I think so. Although I was told that most people hear something 2-3 months after the interview, unless they "really like you."
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just received an II at 11:20 tonight! Check your emails 🙂
Oh October 15 ...
























I got the feeling from last year's thread that ECU moved pretty slowly as far as acceptances were concerned, and that they only offered maybe 15 on this day last year. I would not stress too much about the 15th in particular!Oh October 15 ...
![]()
Same here but that won't stop me from checking my e-mail 1,424,786 times today [emoji12]I got the feeling from last year's thread that ECU moved pretty slowly as far as acceptances were concerned, and that they only offered maybe 15 on this day last year. I would not stress too much about the 15th in particular!
Apparently October 15 is Spirit Day (anti-bullying) according to Twitter, and the color theme is PURPLE ... Coincidence? I think not.