You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 East Carolina University (Brody) Application Thread
Started by Ismet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I've had that status since the 23rd... Makes me nervous [emoji55]*sweats*
*sweats*
Mine says the exact same thing.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
.
Last edited:
Wow I signed up for the first interview date..I wonder if that's a good thing or bad thing
Actually that's just the warm-up day for the interviewers and admissions committee. No one interviewed on that day actually gets accepted 😉
I think the fact that you got an interview on the first date says a lot. 🙂
I'd bank on it being a good thing. Good luck!
What is that attachment???
Please disregard that!What is that attachment???
Now we're all curious...Please disregard that!
I went here for undergrad and attended class right next to the medical school. I also completed an internship at Vidant. Let me know if you have questions regarding the area
Spotted some of the new M1's picking up their white coats today
here's to hoping we get to do that next summer!!
Anyone's status change recently? Mine's been pretty steady at "under review"
Nope. Mine has said that since the 23rd!Anyone's status change recently? Mine's been pretty steady at "under review"
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone's status change recently? Mine's been pretty steady at "under review"
Mine still says "under review" but today another box popped up under the interview info box (which is still empty) that says "vegetarian lunch option" ... so hopefully that's a good thing?
Sounds promising! Maybe they'll send you an II soon.Mine still says "under review" but today another box popped up under the interview info box (which is still empty) that says "vegetarian lunch option" ... so hopefully that's a good thing?
Mine too! I was hoping that means something 🙂Mine still says "under review" but today another box popped up under the interview info box (which is still empty) that says "vegetarian lunch option" ... so hopefully that's a good thing?
Mine says the same thing! Fingers crossed!Mine still says "under review" but today another box popped up under the interview info box (which is still empty) that says "vegetarian lunch option" ... so hopefully that's a good thing?
"Please list any other medical schools to which you intend to submit a secondary application."
Did anyone leave this blank? I'm curious to know what everyone did for this question on the secondary.
I just put other schools I'm applying to. I called them to ask for clarification and they are really asking what other schools you are applying to. I'm not sure why they need to know but I was too nervous to not put anything because they know no one only applies to one medical school! Lol
I was just honest and listed the other 14 schools I applied to."Please list any other medical schools to which you intend to submit a secondary application."
Did anyone leave this blank? I'm curious to know what everyone did for this question on the secondary.
"Please list any other medical schools to which you intend to submit a secondary application."
Did anyone leave this blank? I'm curious to know what everyone did for this question on the secondary.
I also filled it in with the other schools I'm applying to. I don't know why they want to know but they do, so just go for it!
I got the "Your application has been reviewed" status change, and the vegetarian lunch option popped up. I'm thinking that option popped up for everyone and I just got passed over. Haha
Stay positive! I never got an e-mail for a II yesterday so maybe they'll send out a wave sometime this week. That's what I'm hoping for at least!I got the "Your application has been reviewed" status change, and the vegetarian lunch option popped up. I'm thinking that option popped up for everyone and I just got passed over. Haha
My application is saying it's still not processed..Oh, and I have the vegetarian lunch option. it means nothing
Well darn. My application still says, "your application is being reviewed."My application is saying it's still not processed..Oh, and I have the vegetarian lunch option. it means nothing
Well darn. My application still says, "your application is being reviewed."
I'm going to call the school tomorrow if my status doesn't change. Finished the secondary in late July, though.
The reason they do that is because they want people who want to stay in North Carolina. If you're applying to schools all over the country and you claim that you want to stay in North Carolina, that's a red flag.I know right? To be honest, I'm tempted to leave it blank. But then that might look bad.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well considering NC has a limited number of schools, and I'm certainly applying to more than 4... hahaThe reason they do that is because they want people who want to stay in North Carolina. If you're applying to schools all over the country and you claim that you want to stay in North Carolina, that's a red flag.
Well considering NC has a limited number of schools, and I'm certainly applying to more than 4... haha
Yeah I agree. I would think schools recognize that we apply to more than just our state schools. Just because I apply across the country doesn't mean I want to leave NC.
Haha I almost think it would show "bad judgement" if you only applied to the 4 schools in NC. I'm hoping the fact that I have lived in NC for the past 17 years and attended undergrad in NC is proof enough that I have a strong commitment to NC. Hands down I would go to a school in NC if I got into any of them but this is a highly competitive process so I didn't want to put all of my eggs in one basket. I hope that they won't count it against me that I was honest and listed the other 12 east coast schools that I applied to.Well considering NC has a limited number of schools, and I'm certainly applying to more than 4... haha
Haha I almost think it would show "bad judgement" if you only applied to the 4 schools in NC. I'm hoping the fact that I have lived in NC for the past 17 years and attended undergrad in NC is proof enough that I have a strong commitment to NC. Hands down I would go to a school in NC if I got into any of them but this is a highly competitive process so I didn't want to put all of my eggs in one basket. I hope that they won't count it against me that I was honest and listed the other 12 east coast schools that I applied to.
MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY. Of course I want to stay in NC, and I will stay if I get an acceptance from any of those 4, but seats are limited and I'd much rather become a doctor having gone to an out-of-state medical school if none of the NC schools will have me!
The reason they do that is because they want people who want to stay in North Carolina. If you're applying to schools all over the country and you claim that you want to stay in North Carolina, that's a red flag.
Not certain for East Carolina's case, but other schools have asked this question for statistical purposes only.
Well considering NC has a limited number of schools, and I'm certainly applying to more than 4... haha
I was thinking the same thing. Are you putting them all down?
Edit: I'm putting them all down.
I was thinking the same thing. Are you putting them all down?
Edit: I'm putting them all down.
I put all 20 others of my schools and still got an II so I don't think it's a problem to put them all
Any reapplicants hear back yet?
Any reapplicants hear back yet?
Reapplicant here. Got an II about a week ago.
^ Me too.
I'm a reapplicant and I just got a II this afternoon!
I was complete and under review 7/23 🙂
YAY CONGRATS!!! When will you be interviewing?
hey guys good luck in the cycle--I'm a current M1, feel free to ask any questions. Hardest part of this process is being patient, but you can do it!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hey guys good luck in the cycle--I'm a current M1, feel free to ask any questions. Hardest part of this process is being patient, but you can do it!
I know ECU has a strong primary care focus and an emphasis on serving in rural regions. I know you're still in first year but do you find that people who want to pursue specialties are still encouraged to do so? And what made you end up picking ECU ? Thanks!
I know ECU has a strong primary care focus and an emphasis on serving in rural regions. I know you're still in first year but do you find that people who want to pursue specialties are still encouraged to do so? And what made you end up picking ECU ? Thanks!
Brody supports students in whatever they are interested in. Just take a look at the past match lists, everything from neurosurgery, to plastics, derm, anesthesia, etc. Yes more people pick primary care here but that's based more on personal interest. I personally picked ECU because of the culture here, it's a small class size here and literally everybody knows you (faculty to admins), which IMO creates a strong support network. Also the clinically training here is fantastic, including the opportunity to work with such a health deprived region here.
I know today was the first day of interviews at Brody. If anyone interviewed there today I'm sure everyone would appreciate any advice you have or any thoughts on the interview process. I hope everyone has successful interviews in the upcoming weeks!!
Congrats!!! I think we were on similar timelines... fingers crossed!Thank you! 🙂
No idea. They are scheduling for mid-Sept and I had to indicate a 1st, 2nd and 3rd choice. Hopefully sometime the week of the 21st!
+1I know today was the first day of interviews at Brody. If anyone interviewed there today I'm sure everyone would appreciate any advice you have or any thoughts on the interview process. I hope everyone has successful interviews in the upcoming weeks!!
Thanks! Fingers crossed that you hear from ECU soon. Congrats on your II at UNC!!Congrats!!! I think we were on similar timelines... fingers crossed!
+1