-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 Georgetown University Application Thread
Started by Ismet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
ACCEPTED!!!! I am in shock, I still can't believe it 🙂
Good luck to everyone who is waiting to hear back, I am rooting for you!
Congrats! What was your interview date? Approximate is fine 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
.
Last edited:
II at noon today! Complete 8/26
Congrats! What was your interview date? Approximate is fine 🙂
when oh when did you interview???ACCEPTED!!!! I am in shock, I still can't believe it 🙂
Good luck to everyone who is waiting to hear back, I am rooting for you!
It's quiet around here...
Also just rejected. 521, 3.73. Sadness...
waitlisted via email today, interviewed mid october. hanging in there. good luck to everyone!
waitlisted via email today, interviewed mid october. hanging in there. good luck to everyone!
I'm sorry 🙁 Although a Georgetown waitlist seems to be (perhaps) only a minor hurdle since they do WL so many people.
Also waitlisted
The update only allows for five letters, but only in text format
Are people just sending in one big paragraph? Does anyone have any insight on the best way to send updates?
It seems from last years thread they start to pull off the waitlist in February.
The update only allows for five letters, but only in text format
Are people just sending in one big paragraph? Does anyone have any insight on the best way to send updates?
It seems from last years thread they start to pull off the waitlist in February.
Also waitlisted
The update only allows for five letters, but only in text format
Are people just sending in one big paragraph? Does anyone have any insight on the best way to send updates?
It seems from last years thread they start to pull off the waitlist in February.
Interview date? I was late October and haven't heard.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
.
Last edited:
Dont mean to be pressing, but does anyone have an answer to this? 😛Also waitlisted
The update only allows for five letters, but only in text format
Are people just sending in one big paragraph? Does anyone have any insight on the best way to send updates?
It seems from last years thread they start to pull off the waitlist in February.
Does anyone happen to know the percentages... applications, number of invites, number of acceptances?
Rough numbers, but 13,000 apps, 1100 interviews, 350 acceptances offered for 200 seats
Took me 10 weeks. It was a painful wait lol
I sent in my secondary early July and was confirmed before August 1st. My application has been on "re-review" for the past 6 months. What do I do! There is no way I could still be on hold is there?
@mcatjelly no way!!!
Haha that was an unexpectedly flattering comment, thank you!
.
Last edited:
So, I'm driving to GT tomorrow for my interview. I'm afraid there's gonna be no parking because it's DC. Anybody have any insight here??
There is hardly any parking around Georgetown especially for a full day unless you want to pay an arm and a leg. My advice would be to get there early and park at Dupont Circle or the Rosslyn metro stations and take the free shuttle to Georgetown!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
.
Last edited:
So, I'm driving to GT tomorrow for my interview. I'm afraid there's gonna be no parking because it's DC. Anybody have any insight here??
Might be expensive but you could probably park at the hospital?
I uber'ed there, might be a cheaper alternative to parking depending on how far out you are. The surrounding area looks packed with cars, so you might have a hard time. Just a suggestion
Has anyone who interviewed in November been accepted or waitlisted recently?
I was late October, and no 🙁
I was late October, and no 🙁
+1
Waitlisted this morning! Interviewed 11/3, honestly wasn't expecting this quick of a turnaround. Not surprised, so I'll hang and see what happens!
+1 ... UGH ... Interviewed 10/27
Accepted! Interviewed early November 🙂
I know this is a question that doesn't have a solid answer, but I'm assuming Georgetown gets a lot of waitlist movement throughout the cycle? Especially since the school might be a "backup" for many people? and because they seem to WL so many applicants?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Nice!! when in November?Accepted! Interviewed early November 🙂
I know this is a question that doesn't have a solid answer, but I'm assuming Georgetown gets a lot of waitlist movement throughout the cycle? Especially since the school might be a "backup" for many people? and because they seem to WL so many applicants?
I remember hearing Ms. Sullivan say that if you get waitlisted, they expect you to write monthly letters of intent if you are really interested in attending. Apparently 350 acceptances go out for 200 seats. If you're hellbent on getting an acceptance here, I'd send some strong letters
I interview 10/28, still nothing. Anyone else hear back from around that time?
I also interviewed on 10/28, we might have talked for a little since it was a small room and all. I got waitlisted on Friday.
To withdraw, we have to email admissions right? Not through the portal?
Got an interview invitation for mid-january this last week. 🙂
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K