You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 Georgetown University Application Thread
Started by Ismet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Waitlisted post-interview today. Interviewed 10/5. Surprised I wasn't rejected actually, since I felt incredibly nervous during the interview, so I'm grateful for the opportunity. Could we do a LOI and update letter in one?
Congrats! From what I've heard, most of their current class came in from the waitlist so we've still got a good shot!
I don't see why not.
interviewed 9/22, and have not heard anything yet. Do they release decisions linearly?
I interviewed 9/21 and no word yet 🙁. I'm getting nervous since people from October are hearing back.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Also interviewed 9/22 and haven't heard anything yet.
I'm in the same boat. Interviewed 9/21 and am anxiously waiting to hear something!
I interviewed 9/21 and no word yet 🙁. I'm getting nervous since people from October are hearing back.
Probably good news... seems like only rejections and waitlists are delivered by email. A few pages pack people said they were accepted via phone call...
Interviewed Oct 7th. Waitlisted today via email.
The interview day was amazing. You show up any time between 9:30am - 10am to the waiting room directly left from the entrance. There will be a flat screen TV mounted displaying your fellow interviewees names and schools. My interview day had 12 total candidates. At 10am, you'll get a short intro followed by a 15-20 minute talk from the associate dean (he's a funny guy and left a great impression). Then you'll have a 60-90 minute speech from Mrs. Sullivan. She was mesmerizing and motivational. I really felt that Georgetown was a great fit for me after her talk.
Around noon, a couple med students will break you guys up into two groups (we only had 1 student available to take us around, which was a bit crammed) and take you on a tour of the facilities. You'll have lunch with them as well (fancy buffet style) between 12:45pm - 1:15pm. Then they'll take you back to the waiting room. Half of you will interview at 1:30pm and the other half at 2:15pm. You'll find out which time slot you have after you get back from lunch. I had a 2:15pm slot and was done at about 2:50pm. They try to stick to the 30 minute time frame. The interview will be 1-on-1 with a either a 4th year med student or someone associated with the school (a doc, prof, or dean). After the interview, you check-out and you're free to go.
As for travel plans, I stayed at the Savoy Suites Hotel, which was in walking distance (roughly 20 minute walk). I like Alaska airlines and unfortunately they only had a 5:30pm flight out of Baltimore and that would have been too tight to leave the day of the interview so I stayed two nights and I'm glad I did because I walked around the DC area the next day and really liked the possibility of living there for 4 years.
Hope that helps!
Thank you so much for such a detailed description of the interview day! Very helpful and much appreciated! It sounds like it was an awesome day!
Also, I checked out this new website "medhound" (www.medicalhound.com) earlier today and thought it was pretty cool. They rank schools based on match lists and show a bunch of trends in residency placement. Seems like a neat way to compare schools IMO. Just thought I'd share!
Rejected just now. Complete 9/14.
Im sorry @bearintraining ..I think I just felt sick...when did it come in..Rejected just now. Complete 9/14.
Rejected just now. Complete 9/14.
Sorry to hear that... We got similar background (I don't have that high MCAT), so I was secretly rooting for you. Hope you get IIs elsewhere!!
Im sorry @bearintraining ..I think I just felt sick...when did it come in..
Thanks @whatsupdr , I received the email at 12:15pm Pacific.
Sorry to hear that... We got similar background (I don't have that high MCAT), so I was secretly rooting for you. Hope you get IIs elsewhere!!
Thank you @HIFU - appreciate the support. best of luck to you also.
For those that have submitted LOIs through Georgetown's portal, did anyone have issues with the text box not allowing separation of paragraphs?
It seems like everything becomes one big text file without any type of formatting as soon as you enter it.
It seems like everything becomes one big text file without any type of formatting as soon as you enter it.
For those that have submitted LOIs through Georgetown's portal, did anyone have issues with the text box not allowing separation of paragraphs?
It seems like everything becomes one big text file without any type of formatting as soon as you enter it.
Yes, I had the same issue. Although, I'm not sure if it's technically an issue...it just might be the nature of the text box they've chosen to use. I'm sure if they've got the content there, that's all that matters. If they were worried about format, they'd probably allow us to attach a PDF.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm rooting for all of you! I interviewed in mid-October, haven't heard back from GU yet, but feeling less hopeful as I've been waitlisted at two schools so far, and interviewed/offers at 8 schools total... This whole waitlist thing sucks. I feel for all of you who are getting waitlisted/rejected. Best of luck to everyone!
9/22 interview and still nothing... Neuroticism is high.
Yes, I had the same issue. Although, I'm not sure if it's technically an issue...it just might be the nature of the text box they've chosen to use. I'm sure if they've got the content there, that's all that matters. If they were worried about format, they'd probably allow us to attach a PDF.
how long was your LOI?
I thought Dr. Sullivan's speech was pretty intimidating actually. Especially, when she was like these are the question you interviewer's are going to ask you.....and they don't ask you, and you end up thinking you are unprepared. Any one else feel this way?
how long was your LOI?
I think it was right up to limit.
I think it was right up to limit.
Did you submit a pre-II LOI or a post-II LOI?
Did you submit a pre-II LOI or a post-II LOI?
Post-II. I was waitlisted on October 22nd.
rejected pre-II. this one hurts a bit.
I am sorry maverick. When were you complete? I hope you are having better luck elsewhere.rejected pre-II. this one hurts a bit.
I am sorry maverick. When were you complete? I hope you are having better luck elsewhere.
Was complete early to mid September.
Just got the axe.
Sigh. I really wanted to go here, so I'm pretty disappointed.
Checked the portal - no e-mail (yet).
Good luck to those still in the running.
Sigh. I really wanted to go here, so I'm pretty disappointed.
Checked the portal - no e-mail (yet).
Good luck to those still in the running.
Just got the axe.
Sigh. I really wanted to go here, so I'm pretty disappointed.
Checked the portal - no e-mail (yet).
Good luck to those still in the running.
Sorry to hear about that!!! Just a quick question, how can you tell on the portal that you were rejected? Good luck friend!
Sorry to hear about that!!! Just a quick question, how can you tell on the portal that you were rejected? Good luck friend!
Log onto the secondary application page. Check to see if they've updated your status. Mine still had "under review". I then clicked on the Communication Status tab and saw my rejection.
Good luck to you too!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Rejected today. Oos complete 9/11
Rejected today. Oos complete 9/11
Damn man. Was rooting for a fellow pharm to make it. Sorry to hear.
Accepted via phone call! Interviewed mid-late September
Accepted!!!!!! AHHHH!!!!
Oh man you know the struggles! I'm coming to GW next month so no big issues. Good luck and don't give up. Remember retail is where your soul goes to die.Damn man. Was rooting for a fellow pharm to make it. Sorry to hear.
I sent in my secondary early July and was confirmed before August 1st. My application has been on "re-review" for the past 6 months. What do I do! There is no way I could still be on hold is there?
I sent thank you letters and uploaded significant updates to the portal (all of these documents were uploaded the day after my interview). Hope this is useful.
I uploaded a thank you letter, but no updates or LOI.Those who were accepted, did you send an update of LOI before hearing back?
I also uploaded a thank you letter, but no updates or LOI
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those that have submitted LOIs through Georgetown's portal, did anyone have issues with the text box not allowing separation of paragraphs?
It seems like everything becomes one big text file without any type of formatting as soon as you enter it.
I had the same issue. So I just separated each paragraph into a separate update. Probably annoying to them for reading purposes but better than one HUGE Paragraph IMO.
Thanks for the clarification everyone! I was pretty disappointed when my letter became one big rambling paragraph.
Good luck you to all!
Good luck you to all!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K